Will a 76 v8 k-member work on my 66?

-

porksoda

Reaction score
Well I am thinking about buying a 1976 Dart with a 318. The car is just a parts car. I am curious on weather or not the k-member will work in my 1966 Dart. I have a /6 in the 66 Dart now.
Thanks for the help!

The K members are different beginning in 1967 and will not interchange. However you can put a small block in your 66 with a set of V8 motor mounts.

-Jake

like already stated. no the 76 k-member will not fit.

63-66 there is no need to change the k-member when going from a slant to a v-8. just need the proper motor mounts, v-8 center link and headers/manifolds that will fit in there.

the 76 will have the rearend and the disk brakes and proportioning valve and the upper control arms to convert to big bolt pattern...........and then all you need is a v8 center link or shim up the mounts, the mounts and you ar v8

don't need to change the K frame for /6 to v8 swaps on early A bodies, so no need to buy the 76 for the K frame since nothing but the motor and a few odds and ends will work

Not trying to steal the thread but where can one get a V8 center link for an early Mopar liek for my 62 Valiant?

Not trying to steal the thread but where can one get a V8 center link for an early Mopar liek for my 62 Valiant?

Right here on FABO. I had 2 listed in late Jan, guess no one saw them. Bumped them late Feb and sold them both within a couple of days.

I will address the only thing left out from the posts above. If you are trying to switch the K-frames for the buscuit style motor mounts you are out of luck. There is no swap available for this if that is your plan. If you are going V8, the above posts are right on!!! Geof

I will address the only thing left out from the posts above. If you are trying to switch the K-frames for the buscuit style motor mounts you are out of luck. There is no swap available for this if that is your plan. If you are going V8, the above posts are right on!!! Geof

normal pre biscuit style mounts are fine, if you have more power and don't want to break the mounts go with an aftermarket set

I didn't know that you couldn't swap the later K into an early one when I was 16, so I did it. A 69 cuda K member is still in my '66. I did have to spread the rails about 3/4" total. the original was bent on bottom where previoous owner hit a stump. I got a florida airtemp cuda in michigan for 150 bucks!

spread the rails? how safe is that?
pics below show 62-66 style & a 68-72 style "K"

73 -76 very similar to the 68-72-- width is the same .Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_7547.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_7536.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 196
-
Back