Will vinegar

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hurt my fuse box? Some of the terminals are rusty and rather than try to take them out of the fuse box, I thought about soaking the box in vinegar. How will the vinegar react with the fuse box? Will it eat it up or ????? TIA.

Some of the terminals are rusty
Is it the terminal where the fuse makes contact with the terminal that is rusted or the exposed parts that are not in contact?

As for vinegar, it would have to be neutralized completely after treatment.

My ex boss, who has been into electronics all his life, swears by this stuff. Of course, if contacts are bad enough, then, no

938a-3c8a3278de78.cdb0d6545f42e131903db4b18150a6ae.jpg

Vinegar isn't hard to neutralize. You can flush it with a mild solution of water and baking soda, or just water will work if you use enough.

What about that foaming spray for battery posts? Maybe ok, don't know, someone might.

Vinegar isn't hard to neutralize. You can flush it with a mild solution of water and baking soda, or just water will work if you use enough.
Vinegar will work great if it soaks for a few hours, AND it won’t damage the rest of the fuse box at all.

A bead blaster works good too. A bit of di-electric compound after your done and you're good to go.

-
Back