windage tray for the /6

-

Badvert65

Long Time Mopar Nut
Reaction score
OK, I am looking for a windage tray for a 225 slant six. Who makes them and/or where do I get one?
Google is no help on this one.
-Matt

My phone is dead or I could give you the name I got mine from ! Also got a Crank Scraper too ! Not sure if he's still making them or not !

IIRC Mike Jeffries makes both windage trays and crank scrappers every now and then.

years ago chrysler did have them. but it used 4 of the main cap bolts with a short built in stud on the main cap bolt to hold the tray. and you could not us a std socket. finding one might not be easy. i think i put one in a / 6 in the 70s. years later i did a 360 but i didnt use a tray on that block. iam not sure if one would be in the way if you had to pull the oil pan in the car frame. i did use one on a 413 in a 65 300 L, in 68-69. it is way different. it sand witches between the pan and block. with 2 gaskets one on each side of the tray very easy to put in.

years ago chrysler did have them. but it used 4 of the main cap bolts with a short built in stud on the main cap bolt to hold the tray. and you could not us a std socket. finding one might not be easy.

I have one of the factory Chrysler trays in a rebuilt motor that I'm doing some head and cam work. Also have a Mike Jeffries tray and one from somewhere else that I will be using on my last two motors. All of them use the SBM main cap bolt style (not the same length as the SBM though).

I just got one from Mike Jeffrey - PM me if you want his phone number to see if he has time to make one before growing and racing season gets too busy - you may have to wait until winter though

Not sure if this will help you.
I made up my own and made it part of the sump.
In the process I made baffles for the sump, basically I continued the floor of the sump at the height of the front all the way to the back.
A hole is needed for the oil pick up to pass through.
The only problem is the sump needs to be twisted as it is raised to the block, sort of like screwing it.
This allows gasket replacement on the sump as it can be lowered a bit to do it but the motor has to come right out to drop off the sump.
No longer do I get that tacka tacka tacka just after coming to a sudden stop.
Thanks to the baffles.

I think a crank scraper would do more good, can make one with posterboard template and sheetmetal, file to fit. takes time but its not hard.

-
Back