Window sill seal name?

-

valiant1966

Reaction score
Hi,
Need a little help here. I have a '66 Valiant and need to know the name of the fuzzy, furry seal at the top of the door sills where the window roll up and down thru. It has a thin chrome piece attached to it. Not talking about the window channel.

The inner and outer would be nice but the outer is the one I refer to.

Been looking for some for my car but don't really know the proper name so my searches turn up everything but what I want. Thanks

Believe it or not, the usual term for these is cat whiskers.
If you Google cat whiskers weatherstrip, Dante's, among other sources will come up.

Cat whiskers and window belt weatherstrips are the two common terms. Nobody actually calls them "side glass windowscrapers" except perhaps this guy Rick in this thread.

"Top Cat Whiskers" is a reputable, long-established, high-quality brand, and that's what Metro Moulded Parts sent me. Numerous vendors supply them; see here.

"This guy Rick" sells a LOT of these.....so he probably has no idea what-so-ever of what he's talking about.....

"Members Get Catty Over Cat Whiskers" lol. Some call them 'window fuzzies' too :toothy10:

Absolutely Cat Whisker's. Window scrapers are something people up north use in the winter time. LMAO

Maybe the ones that Rick sells do scrape the glass.

lolsign.gif

Rick@Layson's said:
"This guy Rick" sells a LOT of these

To people gullible enough to believe Layson actually makes them, rather than just buying them (and marking them way up) from the same suppliers end users can go to directly and save...

so he probably has no idea what-so-ever of what he's talking about

Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last. :roll:

LOL, Look what I just copied off Laysons website.

FA-WX137

Barracuda – inside (4) catwiskers only
70 -74 Barracuda

If you start with the catalog that never works at Laysons they do have it listed as windowscrapers. If he sells so many why is he always on the net instead of taking orders and shipping items?

LOL, Look what I just copied off Laysons website. Barracuda – inside (4) catwiskers only If you start with the catalog that never works at Laysons they do have it listed as windowscrapers. If he sells so many why is he always on the net instead of taking orders and shipping items?

knight.gif

Thanks for the help. I kept getting different names from people and no good returns on my searches.

Finally "cat whiskers" and "window belt" have gotten me some good returns.

The rubber one on the outside is a window sweep. Felt, fuzzy, cat whiskers, refers to the inside piece.

The ones on my car are not rubber and as far as window scrapers, I hope I've put mine away for the summer.

Thanks for all the help guys. I've finally been able to locate a few of sources. Geez, never thought a "whiskered " piece of chrome could cost so much.:cheers:

-
Back