Windshield gasket for 67 Barracuda

-

cudajim

cudajim
Reaction score
I have a 67 Notchback Barracuda and have the original gaskets for both front and rear windows. I either need new lockstrips or new gaskets but don't know which way to go. Can I use 68 gaskets without the chrome pieces? The windows are currently just set in place with no sealer so the do leak in the rain and I have to take care of this soon. What works best?

You would need the stainless trim with 68 / 69 rubber. I saw the lockstrip for 67s on the YO catalog and there is a 30% code today and tommorrow online there - TW1314.

I called YOne and they told me they did not have 67 lockstrips available nor did they have gaskets available for 67 windshields even though they're listed on the site.

So with the 68/69 do the stainless pieces actually do anything other than look good or do they help hold the windshield in?

They're just trim.....they don't have anything to do with sealing.

There's a guy on ebay that sales the plastic chrome lockstrip rolls for around 50 bucks. Its pretty darn close to the original stuff, i used it on my front windshield.

I have a 67 fastback and just had a new windshield installed. The right side chrome strip on mine is from a dart and it fits just fine. I can ask my buddy that put it on what year it was. hell gasket windshield and labor was almost 600 bucks

If you do use the 68-69 gaskets and WANT to install the trim you have to drill holes to install the trim clips which are available.

If you do use the 68-69 gaskets and WANT to install the trim you have to drill holes to install the trim clips which are available.
Yes, you need to do it when the windshield and gasket are out of the car.

There's a guy on ebay that sales the plastic chrome lockstrip rolls for around 50 bucks. Its pretty darn close to the original stuff, i used it on my front windshield.
I've used the Dodge pickup lock strips too but they don't look like the original '67's.

I don't care if they look original, this is an everyday driver. I care more about them not leaking in the rain.

-
Back