Winter time model building thread.

-
Final color STRIPES ON BOAT HEMI ORANGE!!

stripes on boat 001.JPG

stripes on boat 002.JPG

stripes on boat 003.JPG

Wow, I just read this thread from page 1. Now I wanna go unpack my 70 or so model kits and actually do something with them again after 10 years of hibernation. THANKS GUYS!

HOBBY LOBBY TIP: Sign up for their email sales ad program.... Once a month you get a coupon for 20/30/40% off on 1 item coupon! AND you can print out a bunch you just can only use 1 per checkout line trip. They also put their entire line of kits on sale every quarter through the year.

ALL of you: Very nice work and Thank you for sharing!!!!

I will post some pics of my feeble attempts at models later this week. YOU ARE WARNED!! lol

I used to make custom License Plates and signs for model cars too.... 'Till my color laser printer croaked... guess I better see if I can fix it.

Later,
Bruce B.

PS: I also vote for a MODELS FORUM please!!

been meaning to put these on the site for awhile.....anyone interested in a resin Mopar hood scoop? Its a 72 snorkal. Brand new in bag and 2 holly 750 carbs also NIB.

Shipping would be cheap I'd imagine. I'd put it in a bubble pack.

$10 plus shipping for both.

Hawaii zip 96706

will take paypal you pay any fees if need be. PM for info....

Aloha Mike

Model scoop and carbs (1).jpg

I got bored the other day and this is what happened! I haven't been able to build any kits lately (it's a long story why), and my PC was down with a virus for a few days so I was going nuts trying to find something to do. I decided to try flaming one of our light switch covers, now I can't wait till I get them all painted LOL. I was happy with the way it turned out (masking it was a b*#ch) even the wife loves it & wants me to do more of them....

HPIM5380.jpg

Wow, I just read this thread from page 1. Now I wanna go unpack my 70 or so model kits and actually do something with them again after 10 years of hibernation. THANKS GUYS!

HOBBY LOBBY TIP: Sign up for their email sales ad program.... Once a month you get a coupon for 20/30/40% off on 1 item coupon! AND you can print out a bunch you just can only use 1 per checkout line trip. They also put their entire line of kits on sale every quarter through the year.

ALL of you: Very nice work and Thank you for sharing!!!!

I will post some pics of my feeble attempts at models later this week. YOU ARE WARNED!! lol

I used to make custom License Plates and signs for model cars too.... 'Till my color laser printer croaked... guess I better see if I can fix it.

Later,
Bruce B.

PS: I also vote for a MODELS FORUM please!!

Thanks for sharing that Bruce. There are some awesome builds here.

Yes, get that printer fixed!

I got bored the other day and this is what happened! I haven't been able to build any kits lately (it's a long story why), and my PC was down with a virus for a few days so I was going nuts trying to find something to do. I decided to try flaming one of our light switch covers, now I can't wait till I get them all painted LOL. I was happy with the way it turned out (masking it was a b*#ch) even the wife loves it & wants me to do more of them....

I like it! I think I will do my whole garage that way.

Hello Here is a Hyper Pak Valiant that I did 20 years ago. Model-ed after Marvin's winning entry at Daytona. Hope you enjoy it.
That's awesome. Is this the same model that was in an issue of The Slant Six Club of America years ago?

Here is an old kit for you all. It is the Monogram 1/48 scale Typhoon. I built it OOB with a set of tape seat belts and aftermarket decals as the kit ones were no good.

100_4223.jpg

100_4224.jpg

100_4225.jpg

That's awesome. Is this the same model that was in an issue of The Slant Six Club of America years ago?

Yes it was, I had forgotten! Glad you like it, I tried to contact Marvin and get his thoughts but they never answer emails. Thanks for your complement. Stan

nice!!Heres some that I built recently.
Sox & Martin Duster
IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0309-1.jpg

74 Roadrunner
IMG_0349.jpg

Fast & Furious Charger(Torretos car)
IMG_0362.jpg

72 Duster w/ slant 6(was a 71 Duster converted,lol)
HPIM2315.jpg

HPIM2318.jpg

HPIM2322.jpg

HPIM2323.jpg

HPIM2320.jpg

HPIM2317.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

71 Charger r/t 440 6 pack
HPIM2298.jpg

Love that Duster- nice detail. Where did you get the scale slant? I've got a Duster kit that came w/ a Viper V10, but I swapped that into a '58 Plymouth kit, so the Duster needs an engine.

Lesee....
Sources for scale Slant Six's.....
Ross Gibson's Slant Six's are the primo ones.... and cost a bit too.
Gibson also makes just about ANY mopar engine you can think of!
Ross Gibson Slant Six rge102.jpg

Ross Gibson Slant Six rge111.jpg
Here is one link I found for his engines:http://www.internethobbies.com/rogien.html
and another: http://www.detailmaster.com/Merchan...TGY&Store_Code=detailmaster&Category_Code=RGE
I usually just search ebay for them though.
The Dodge Deora kit comes with a 60's style Slant Six.
There were a few Lindberg Dodge 330 kits that came with a Big Block and Optional Slant Six.
That's all I know of.

Hope this helps some.
Later,
Bruce B.

Ross Gibson Slant Six rge102.jpg

Ross Gibson Slant Six rge111.jpg

Very nice work from everyone. Thanks for adding to this thread. I will be adding some new stuff real soon.

Keep up the great work!:cheers:

Considering my skill level, 30 bucks for a plastic engine probably doesn't make sense.. but I thank you for the info nonetheless.

Considering my skill level, 30 bucks for a plastic engine probably doesn't make sense.. but I thank you for the info nonetheless.

Same here but IF ya just HAVTA have one! LOL
I scrounge for the Lindberg ones myself as most people use the V8 in those kits.
The nice thing about the Gibson rge 102 kit is that it has parts to build as a 60's OR a 70's Slant Six.

I am bashing a Revell 1969 Dodge Dart GTS Kit (7603) to build the replica of my 1970 Dodge Dart GT.
So I had to buy one of the Resin 1970 Dart Swinger kits (Scale Coachworks SCW-TK03) and the Gibson Slant Six kit (rge 102) to do her correct.

Now I just have to brush up on my decal making skills to make the Dart GT, License Plate, and Super Six Air Cleaner emblems for it.

Later,
Bruce B.

looks great love that sox duster,,great detail in the engine bay,,,carbs,,hoses wiries,, where did you get al that ??? im collectiong stuff now to build a model of my real 66 over the up comming winter,, i have most every thing i need,,,will build a table,,,and built 2 modesl,,,then im done,,lol

-
Back