Winter time model building thread.

-
Love that Duster- nice detail. Where did you get the scale slant? I've got a Duster kit that came w/ a Viper V10, but I swapped that into a '58 Plymouth kit, so the Duster needs an engine.
Thanks!I got the Slant Six out of the Lindberg 64 330 S but needed to modify it a bit to fit in the Duster
yhst-41037708895877_2097_31350600

looks great love that sox duster,,great detail in the engine bay,,,carbs,,hoses wiries,, where did you get al that ??? im collectiong stuff now to build a model of my real 66 over the up comming winter,, i have most every thing i need,,,will build a table,,,and built 2 modesl,,,then im done,,lol
Thanks,it took alot of work.The Duster is an old MPC Sox & Martin 74 Duster I had and the engine is the one that came with it.The decals I got off ebay for $10 and the hoses and wiring are just mostly wire.It took alot of soaking in Simple Green to remove the old paint of it.

Thanks!I got the Slant Six out of the Lindberg 64 330 S but needed to modify it a bit to fit in the Duster
yhst-41037708895877_2097_31350600

The only version of that kit I've ever seen is the "Color Me Gone" car.. that came with a dual-quad hemi. Ended up putting the engine, tranny, floorpan and suspension from that kit into a Johan '68 Fury copcar.

Just got this one done last night. It's a 1/72 scale Hasegawa P-40N Warhawk. I used a Verlinden detail set, Super Scale decals, and a Squadron canopy on it.

100_4317.jpg

100_4319.jpg

100_4324.jpg

100_4323.jpg

100_4321.jpg

100_4320.jpg

100_4325.jpg

cool models i have about 100 myself all over the house.i try to build them how i would have if you know lottery ... NEVER LEAVE M STOCK

I should be out working on the Dart but I am a little burnt out on it right now so I have been building models.

Here is the Monogram 1/48 P-51D Mustang. This is an old kit but still builds in to a nice model and does not cost as much as the newer kits do.

100_4328.jpg

100_4327.jpg

100_4331.jpg

100_4329.jpg

100_4330.jpg

Just an FYI:

Waggin has volentered to help me out while I am in and out of the hospital by taking my 100 or so 1/24 and 1/25 car model kits and 100's of Die-Cast cars to sell for me.

Most are mopars and all are builders = 100% complete in opened boxes with bad sun fading.

He will be putting an add on FABO ASAP.
Please PM him with any specific model requests.

I also have my 1/18 built Aircraft kits and 1/144 unbuilt aircraft kits or sale..... PM me about these.

Thanks,
Bruce B.

Just an FYI:

Waggin has volentered to help me out while I am in and out of the hospital by taking 100or so 1/24 and 1/25 car model kits to sell for me.

Most are mopars and all are builders = 100% complete in opened boxes with bad sun fading.

He will be putting an add on FABO ASAP.

Thanks,
Bruce B.

I will be in for some Bruce. Hope all goes well for you.

Hey Ya'll I'll add a link here later with pic's of the kit's,I'm runnin on the ragged edge the last few week's but got up there and picked em up and there will be a bunch of model kit's and hotwheels and johnny lightning cars up for sale to git the bill's paid while bruce is in and out of the hospital...chime in with waht ya want on the kit's I post pic's of and I will go thru each one of them if there is interest to check for completeness.for now I'm taking an inventory and gitting them packed away to get my shop back....

Here is a model of my friend L-2 Taylorcraft. This is a plane that I have some time flying.
I made a few changes to a 1/48 Hobby Craft L-4 Cub kit as I could not find one of a L-2. It is not exact but close enough for me.

100_4363.jpg

100_4397.jpg

100_4395.jpg

100_4396.jpg

100_4398.jpg

This is my latest build in the early stages it's a 1958 Edsel to be powered by a complete Viper driveline including suspension. I was recently at model show and won a '94 Viper kit as a door prize, and since I'm not a huge fan of the older Vipers I decided to do something else with it. I done several Viper engine swaps in models including a '69 Dart, '67 Coronet, '32 Ford etc. While at the show I got looking around for a body to swap the drivetrain into and decided on this crazy idea. I bought 2 Edsel built up kits for $10 so I got some extra parts in case of any mess ups. I'm almost finished with the frame mods as I've grafted in the Viper suspension sections to the Edsel's stock frame. The engine in the pics is for mock up only as I'm experimenting with a possible twin turbo set up on the V-10 just for kick (like the concept isn't strange enough already). I'll keep everybody updated as this one progresses, it'll be a long interesting build

HPIM5749.jpg

HPIM5750.jpg

HPIM5751.jpg

HPIM5752.jpg

HPIM5748.jpg

HPIM5753.jpg

This is my latest build in the early stages it's a 1958 Edsel to be powered by a complete Viper driveline including suspension. I was recently at model show and won a '94 Viper kit as a door prize, and since I'm not a huge fan of the older Vipers I decided to do something else with it. I done several Viper engine swaps in models including a '69 Dart, '67 Coronet, '32 Ford etc. While at the show I got looking around for a body to swap the drivetrain into and decided on this crazy idea. I bought 2 Edsel built up kits for $10 so I got some extra parts in case of any mess ups. I'm almost finished with the frame mods as I've grafted in the Viper suspension sections to the Edsel's stock frame. The engine in the pics is for mock up only as I'm experimenting with a possible twin turbo set up on the V-10 just for kick (like the concept isn't strange enough already). I'll keep everybody updated as this one progresses, it'll be a long interesting build

very kool love different and custom models or in real,,,that would truly be one for the magazine fast fords,,

That's gonna be cool when finished dodgefreak73! I hope we get some pictures when it's done.

What a cool build dodgefreak73. Cant wait to see how she come out.

Got any pics of the Viper powered Dart? I would like to see that. I have thought of doing a V-10 A body my self.

What a cool build dodgefreak73. Cant wait to see how she come out.

Got any pics of the Viper powered Dart? I would like to see that. I have thought of doing a V-10 A body my self.
Here ya go Burnt 1 V-10 Dart I built this about 12 yrs ago wanted a "sleeper" look so I used the steelies & dog dish caps and kept it all under the hood. If you look close at the underside I also went with rack & pinion steering but kept the stock exhaust and t-bar suspension. I hope this will help with your idea

HPIM5760.jpg

HPIM5762.jpg

HPIM5763.jpg

HPIM5768.jpg

HPIM5765.jpg

HPIM5767.jpg

-
Back