Winter time model building thread.

-
Here's some pic's of the finished Edsel chassis, it turned out pretty good. I still have to put the steering rack & front sway bar on but everything else is done on the frame. I can now focus on the body now that I know where everything on the frame lines up (track width, wheelbase, etc.)it's all very close fitting still may need some minor adjustments.

HPIM5989.jpg

HPIM5988.jpg

HPIM5984.jpg

HPIM5985.jpg

HPIM5986.jpg

Here's some pic's of the finished Edsel chassis, it turned out pretty good. I still have to put the steering rack & front sway bar on but everything else is done on the frame. I can now focus on the body now that I know where everything on the frame lines up (track width, wheelbase, etc.)it's all very close fitting still may need some minor adjustments.
Nice work!!!!!!!

Here is the test fit of the body on the finished chassis, it fits perfect.... The previous pic's a few post's back of the body on the frame were in mock up only, as there was no front suspension in it at the time.

HPIM5993.jpg

HPIM5990.jpg

It's just so much fun to cut things and put them how ya like don't ya think???
Here you go! I've just widened the rear of the body from the middle of the doors back. I cut the original 1/4 panels of as narrow as possible then cut the donor 1/4 as wide as possible to give me some extra width. I had to cut the doors out about half way as well then slice the new panels slightly so I could bend them in to match the original body. By cutting the doors the way I did it always a smooth tapered flow between the 2 different width's. The total gain in width is 1/8" on each side plus I've also sanded the inside of the 1/4's down for even more clearance (the body mold is very thick on this). I now of course have to widen everything else that go with the body (tail light panel, bumper. floor pan, etc.), but by cutting it the way I did the interior with is unchanged as I left top portion of the original doors in place.

Here is an AMT 1/72 YB-49. This is a big kit so I hung it to save shelf space. I had a little fun flying it around the house before I hung it up and made a boming run on the cat.

100_4526.jpg

100_4527.jpg

100_4528.jpg

100_4534.jpg

pictures do not show the yella mist and key lime green mist pearls
this thing sparkles in sunlight.
check out my sons work on real boats at Nor-Tech boats

I knew I was in good company here-I'm a scale muddler too. Here's a couple of pics:
F6F009-1.jpg

Katyusha025.jpg

109E-7011.jpg

BB56004.jpg

And an oft-delayed WIP:
Constitution059.jpg

Ken

Thanks Burnt. Didn't go through the thread until after I posted but you have a lot of pretty nice 1/48 Revellograms going on :thumblef:

Ken

Thanks Burnt. Didn't go through the thread until after I posted but you have a lot of pretty nice 1/48 Revellograms going on :thumblef:

Ken

Thanks you. Ya I love them 1/48 Revellograms good kits at a good price. I don't like paying for them Tamigawas:toothy10:

I've kinda wandered away from the shake & bake stuff too, but it wasn't about expense; I'm liking the challenge of the limited run stuff which can be just as pricey. Like Classic Airframes:
J2F015.jpg

Or old Eduard:
DSCN6958.jpg

But my favorite plane is only available in 1/48 from the fellas from Morton Grove:
8-T-16010.jpg

Ken

I've added some more detail to the chassis lately. I've added the exhaust, braided brake hoses & steel lines for brake & fuel, wiring on the engine, vacuum lines on the V10, and the intercoolers for the twin turbos. I haven't been working on it much lately as life & my A-body take up most of my time, though I'm getting the itch to get this model finished so I'm going to try to set aside more time to work on it

I finally decided on the right set of wheels for this project and just finished fitting them to the car. I went with Pegasus 18 inch gold "beemer" wheels with modified Goodyear Eagle tires. The tires that came on the rim were way to small for this car so I opened up a set of Eagle ZR40 tires from a Vette kit to fit the rims. I'm really pleased with the way this car is starting to look, it's got a nice stance, sleek looking body lines, and the gold wheels are going to look great with the pearl green paint that will be on the body (same color as the frame). I have not decided on what color to paint the bottom of the floor I kinda like the semi gloss that's on it right now but have also thought about gold or copper as the floor color. I don't want to paint the floor green as I think that would be too much, the black shows the frame details nicely but an suggestions would be great. Thanks

Well Black it is! Thanks for the feedback I like the black too but I didn't want it to look "cheap", I do agree the black makes the chassis stand out. I've got the body just about ready to paint now, and the interior is ready to paint. I'm thinking about a light tan for the interior maybe combined with the pearl green from the body on the dash and upper door panels. The interior is going to be 4 Viper seats, lengthened Viper console, Viper dash, with smoothed Edsel door panels. The rear bumper had to be widened to fit the "wide" body so I shaved the bumper bolts off while I was working on it. I think I'll do the bumpers brushed aluminum instead of chrome as there is nobody around here to re chrome them and the cost would be crazy. I still have to widen the tail lights yet, this is going to be a challenge to get them looking right.

-
Back