Winter time model building thread.

-
-thought I did not take those pics well to show the engine in its entirety, all to fit under the hood!

I took this motor I BUILT:

1957_Chrysler_300C_059_detail.jpg

And this is the completed in car engine and all the details:

1957_Chrysler_300C_115.jpg

A LOT of freakin "Shoe-Horning" to take that motor, and fit it in that car, PLUS "lower" the car, and NOT cut any holes in the hood! This was my proposal when I started the contest! Plus a few "secrets" revealed along the way on the build as they happened!

Here are a few of my builds

Attachments

• 20150301_180500~2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 542
  • 20150301_180541~2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 547
  • 20150301_180521~2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 546
-Nice color for that Chebbie!

Hey 67 Power Wagon!! Here's a pic you might enjoy, it's not a model but it's pretty cool. It's a truck I bought from the Military before I got out of the service back in '76. It was a '68 Dodge Power Wagon. 5 ton warn PTO winch, Warn lock outs, Dana 70s front and rear, 4 speed w/two speed transfer case. V8 engine. When I got it back home in Texas I got some semi bud outer wheels and I had 1/2" plate welded in the center. Then I had a machine shop drill out the bullet holes and the center hole and the lug pattern. I bought some brand new 1400 X 20 10 ply semi tires for it. It was the original BIGFOOT!! I put 6:13 gears front and rear. The humungous tires made the truck hard to stop so I had to get some 5 ton truck brakes/drums and modify them to fit the rear axle. I also used the brake power booster off the 5 Ton truck. I made a ROLL BAR FROM HELL out of 1/2" thick pipe and had it welded up, it weighed about 400 lbs all by itself!! The fenders are original, I guess it was designed for big tires compared to the original wimpy 16" wheels and tires the military had on it.
Boy the stories I could tell you about some of the stuff I did with that truck. Sorry that it's not a model but with your FABO name 67 Power Wagon I figured you would appreciate my old truck.

Treblig

Attachments

• DSC05012.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 480
Hey 67 Power Wagon!! Here's a pic you might enjoy, it's not a model but it's pretty cool. It's a truck I bought from the Military before I got out of the service back in '76. It was a '68 Dodge Power Wagon. 5 ton warn PTO winch, Warn lock outs, Dana 70s front and rear, 4 speed w/two speed transfer case. V8 engine. When I got it back home in Texas I got some semi bud outer wheels and I had 1/2" plate welded in the center. Then I had a machine shop drill out the bullet holes and the center hole and the lug pattern. I bought some brand new 1400 X 20 10 ply semi tires for it. It was the original BIGFOOT!! I put 6:13 gears front and rear. The humungous tires made the truck hard to stop so I had to get some 5 ton truck brakes/drums and modify them to fit the rear axle. I also used the brake power booster off the 5 Ton truck. I made a ROLL BAR FROM HELL out of 1/2" thick pipe and had it welded up, it weighed about 400 lbs all by itself!! The fenders are original, I guess it was designed for big tires compared to the original wimpy 16" wheels and tires the military had on it.
Boy the stories I could tell you about some of the stuff I did with that truck. Sorry that it's not a model but with your FABO name 67 Power Wagon I figured you would appreciate my old truck.

Treblig

DAMN SKIPPY I LOVE it! NOW thats a truck to rip out ya heart in......... Nice back story too!

So I see, I'm NOT alone! These damned old trucks are damn hard to kill and definitely hard to beat.... :glasses7:

-I love mine.......

Mr Ghost, That green floor white interior looks GREAT! That goin in da Chebby?

I would probably still have the Power Wagon today but my wife broke her ankle (in a bad way). She needed an operation to get it fixed so since we didn't have health insurance back then I had to sell the truck to pay for the surgery. I wish I could have kept it. It was one Bad @ss truck. I would use it o pick my kids up from school, there was NO WAY they could climb into it...I'm 6' 1" and could barely get into it .

Treblig

I've been building my way through the stash in themes, and the theme here since last August has been The Great War. With over 20 in the stash that qualify and the time it takes to rig them, I suspect I won't finish them until long after the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day and with the 1:1 projects taking up a big chunk of time, I'm not exactly off to a spectacular start. But I got through a couple so far.

First one was Gavia's 1/48 Fokker D.II. Supposed to be a replacement for the Eindecker, performance was not noticeably improved and with the Albatros series entering service the D.II fulfilled home defense and training roles. The kit was a bit rough and had issues that needed correcting but it proved to be a good start:

D2_062.jpg

D2_057.jpg

The next one was Lindberg's venerable old JN-4 Jenny kit. Aftermarket cockpit and wire wheels made it pop. Took twice as long to rig it as it did to build it, but I like the way it turned out:

DSC01237.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

Sopwith Tabloid and SPAD XIII on the bench now in final assembly, and next up will be a couple old Classic Airframe Morane Sauliner kits. Hopefully production will pick up as the temps cool.

Ken

Here's a truck that I'm building out of mostly spare parts
The wheels & tires are from a 4WD Dodge that had the hubcaps glued in crooked, I fitted LRE wheels inside them

Attachments

• IMG_0255_zpsxh9q5kvn.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 268
Here's a couple that came in a bunch a friend sent me
I even got the trailer that came with the R/T

Attachments

• IMG_0264_zpsnzaaaizo.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0268_zpsozdpql6c.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0272_zpse6igs5ct.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 280
This 75' came in another junkyard that I bought.
It's got new axles,tires,wheels,suspension & is getting fitted for a snow plow next
It's original rims & tires are on the red primered one

Attachments

• IMG_0253_zpsmw3znrtj.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 293
-
Back