Winter time model building thread.

-
A couple of Imperials.

100_1548.jpg

Thanks for the link, I wish they posted the pics of what they're selling though.
Ya that is the only problem with there site. I used to have one of their catalogues I think it had pics but that was about 10 yrs ago that I had that, it would be nice to see pics on the site. The bodies that they build look exactly like the car they are suppose to look like so if you know what you want and they list the body style your looking thats what you'll get. I've been very satisfied with their quality over the years. But thats just me I can't speak for everybody else that has used the Modelhaus's products

Thanks,and I like the lil red express. Looks sweet. And your other models look nice also.

I decided to decal up some painted projects. I am having issues with yellowing decals. Some of these are 15 years old. Any suggestions?

Here are some of the better ones.

DSC00014 (Custom).JPG

DSC00031 (Custom).JPG

DSC00016 (Custom).JPG

DSC00028 (Custom).JPG

DSC00023 (Custom).JPG

DSC00025 (Custom).JPG

DSC00018 (Custom).JPG

DSC00033 (Custom).JPG

I decided to decal up some painted projects. I am having issues with yellowing decals. Some of these are 15 years old. Any suggestions?

Those models look great!! As for yellowing decals, I am not sure. The decals on my dragon lady Coronet yellowed a few years after I built it.

Those models look great!! As for yellowing decals, I am not sure. The decals on my dragon lady Coronet yellowed a few years after I built it.
My Dragon lady decals did the same thing I've had this happen before but not very often. I don't know how or if there is a fix for yellowed decals, if there is a fix I hope someone one here posts it

I like the firewall treatment on that Sox and Martin 'Cuda. What are you using to cut panels with,like the deck lid on that Rambler?

Nice work guys, beautiful cars. Is there one out there for sale now of a 66 fish? Just curious, I may have missed one here.

Nice work guys, beautiful cars. Is there one out there for sale now of a 66 fish? Just curious, I may have missed one here.
The only one I know of is a reissue of the Hemi Under Glass made by AMT Model King. I've never seen a stock '66 model.

The only one I know of is a reissue of the Hemi Under Glass made by AMT Model King. I've never seen a stock '66 model.
8)Here's one I built I used the body from the Hemi under glass with the interior tub & chassis from AMT's 69 Barracuda. Everything fit together perfect from the two kits the only major modification was I had to cut the hood open, as the Hemi under glass body is molded with the hood closed. Other than taking some time to cut the hood this went together very well. The grill and bumpers came chromed but I painted them with the body to match Petty's car

HPIM3630.jpg

HPIM3634.jpg

HPIM3493.jpg

I like the firewall treatment on that Sox and Martin 'Cuda. What are you using to cut panels with,like the deck lid on that Rambler?

It was already cut. I have cut the hood on a 73 Cuda snap kit. I just used a large xacto knife to score the lines and then just kept scraping untill through.

Jeff, the weathering on those "junkers" looks awesome. I've thought about thinking of going the route on some of mine, but haven't had the heart. My cars need restored so having the unrestored cars on the shelf is just a reminder. :iconbigg:

As far as yellowing decals, I've always painted a car, laid on the decals, and clear coated everything, giving that layer of protection on the paint and decals.

-
Back