Wire a nutral safety switch 3 prong in a 67a body

-

D.Coulter

67SuperFish
Reaction score
Just looking for insight on how to wire a nutral safety switch 3 prong In a 67 ...not original trans....i do not have the wiring harness...thanks

Just looking for insight on how to wire a nutral safety switch 3 prong In a 67 ...not original trans....i do not have the wiring harness...thanks
The center pin grounds when in park or neutral.
One wire from that pin attached to your starter relay ground terminal should do it. (Terminal 2 is the one to connect to)

That terminal on the relay has to be grounded for the starter to activate.
The center pin on the trans switch does that in park or neutral.

IMG_4836.jpeg

The center pin grounds when in park or neutral.
One wire from that pin attached to your starter relay ground terminal should do it. (Terminal 2 is the one to connect to)

That terminal on the relay has to be grounded for the starter to activate.
The center pin on the trans switch does that in park or neutral.

View attachment 1716134110

That was easy...thanks guys...long live mopar
Ok, so here is another question....useing that pig tail NNCS31N, wired the way you said, will it operate the reverse lights, if not what do i need to do for those as they are not functional now. How they are new and wired into the new painless harness.

Last edited:
Ok, so here is another question....useing that pig tail NNCS31N, wired the way you said, will it operate the reverse lights, if not what do i need to do for those as they are not functional now. How they are new and wired into the new painless harness.

The two outer pins on the switch on the trans are for reverse lights.
Power goes to one (really doesn’t matter which) and the other goes to the reverse lights.
Basically it just passes power from one pin to the other when in reverse.
Wire it to full time 12v if you want the reverse lights to be able to come on without the ignition having to be on. (Like brake lights normally are wired)

Last edited:
To use the reverse light switch in the later NSS with a '67, follow the '67 4-speed reverse wiring.
This assumse the transmission has the matching rooster comb.

For the 67-model w/ automatic trans, reverse lamp switch was in the cabin, mounted on the steering column or on the floor shifter. This circuit was not fused. Those are the 2 wires you'll need to route down to the later trans mounted switch (a purple and a purple w/white tracer if my memory serves).
Early on, one of the 3 bulkhead connectors was typically referred to as wiper connector simply because it had no other wiring in it. When the reverse lamp wires needed to go out and down to the trans, 2 of the previously unused ports in that connector were where these 2 wires were placed to get out of the cabin.
The reverse lamp circuit was fused for 68 model. Without referring to FSM wiring diagrams, I think they added this to the radios fused circuit.
I can't get onboard with hot at all times as suggested above. My reason being, a fault at brake lamp switch is a built-in battery killer. Why add another? I never really found the logic in having hot at all times brake lamps but... every brand was wired so for a lot of years.
I just recently noticed the brake lamps on my 2010 RAM are not hot with switch off.

Thanks for the help guys ....i guess I'll start the hunt and see how it goes....I'll post the end results....
V/R
Coulter

-
Back