WIW 1972 Valiant 4dr 16K miles ?

-

Denny

Reaction score
I have an chance to buy a 72 Valiant 4 dr with 16K miles.It runs and drives good.318 V-8,baby blue with blue interior.New tires and radiator,cop car type hud caps.I will post pictures shortly.Just wanting a general value.I have a 72 Duster and could use a few parts off of it but would prefer to save it if it is worth saving it. :burnout:

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• listing_pic_365230_1341939590.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 318
  • listing_pic_365230_1341939623.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 323
  • listing_pic_365230_1341939657.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 318
I'd save it...... and drive it, it would make a nice little
sleeper with a V-8. I'm not really sure what the overall
value would be, but it sure would make a good driver. Good
luck to you, if you can buy it.:cheers:

I passed one up for $4500.00 It was in the same shape and had 30,000 miles.I wouldn't pay more than $2500.00

I had one for $1500 here and couldnt sell it to save my life! Was in nice shape, no rust and had under 100k miles.

Frankly I find it real tough to believe that thing only has 16K on it

people give 4 door a bodies away around here...i see some quarter rust and some dingers...that car (to me) is worth about 6-700 bucks tops. and i'm only saying that high because it's a v8 car.

There's one down here in the same color but nicer- $3500, and it'd been listed a while.

Frankly I find it real tough to believe that thing only has 16K on it

X2.....It looks more like 116,000 miles.
Kind of a neat little car though.........
1,000 bucks if it runs and drives good, around here that is about the going rate for a 4 door in that condition.
I would buy it and drive it!

Wow,some of you guys have good eyes.:glasses7:I got some more pics from them and I can see the odometer has like maybe 69k not 16k like she said:violent1:.But the car has complete air that works and the dash is really sharp.I think I'll pick it up and drive it for a while,then part it out.

Attachments

• 2012-07-15 17.53.49[1].jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 2012-07-15 17.55.25[1].jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 2012-07-15 17.52.50[1].jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 2012-07-15 17.20.00[1].jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 2012-07-15 17.55.36[2].jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 216
I know the front bumper,headlight buckets,front sheet metal,guages and drive train stuff will work in my Duster but that rear bumper looks awfully close to the one on the Duster except for the back up lights.Does anybody know if it will fit?

I know the front bumper,headlight buckets,front sheet metal,guages and drive train stuff will work in my Duster but that rear bumper looks awfully close to the one on the Duster except for the back up lights.Does anybody know if it will fit?

It is different but not sure if it would fit. I have never seen them listed for sale to fit both and never seen one on a duster.

That Valiant has a very nice interior, are the seats nice too? Disc brakes? Is the only rust in the lower rear quarters? I would find it very hard to part that out, that is a clean car. I know it's only a 4-door but they are slowly disappearing and the parts you probably need you could find pretty easy for your Duster.

I would love to own a 4-door Valiant like that for a driver, plus, I bet that paint would buff out and shine up nice! You could always try selling for a profit, then use the money for parts, or if can't sell due to no intrest, then part it....this way the car has a chance!

it is different but not sure if it would fit. I have never seen them listed for sale to fit both and never seen one on a duster.

That valiant has a very nice interior, are the seats nice too? Disc brakes? Is the only rust in the lower rear quarters? I would find it very hard to part that out, that is a clean car. I know it's only a 4-door but they are slowly disappearing and the parts you probably need you could find pretty easy for your duster.

I would love to own a 4-door valiant like that for a driver, plus, i bet that paint would buff out and shine up nice! You could always try selling for a profit, then use the money for parts, or if can't sell due to no intrest, then part it....this way the car has a chance!
x2

If you do part it, I could use the door jamb switch on the driver's side...

Wow,some of you guys have good eyes.:glasses7:I got some more pics from them and I can see the odometer has like maybe 69k not 16k like she said:violent1:.But the car has complete air that works and the dash is really sharp.I think I'll pick it up and drive it for a while,then part it out.

Part it out ........What ?
Who cares if it's a more door.
That's a clean car.....Did you know they are not making these cars anymore ?
I can only pray someone gets that car before you.

I'm with the don't part it out crowd...fix the metal, keep it decent and if you don't like it after a while, sell it...or just don't buy it. If the rest of the interior is as nice as the sample you showed, I'd leave it alone...just me though.

I bet it could turn out to be a really cool 4 door...good bodywork, paint, wheels, lil more power-be tons of fun. I think there's someone on here or another forum that put an eBay twin turbo kit on a 318 4 dr Dart...pretty cool car...

Well,Heres the deal.The Car was bought new and owned by a 90 year old lady named Adeline Werth.Last week they put her in an assisted living center.The realter who is helping sell her estate listed the car as 16,502.Actually the car has 169,502!!I bought it yestrday after driving and looking at it. It was hailed hard at some point and the windshield is cracked but is still all original paint.I drove the car 120 miles home at 70 mph in the dark.It runs and drives good but the A/C needs charged although it is complete.The interior is real nice except some tearing in the driver seat area.I can not believe how nice this car drives,how clean the oil is,how clean the trans fluid is,how clean the floors and trunk are with 169k miles on the car!This was her baby and it shows.I will get more pics on here later today.

I doubt it has 169,*** miles, probably 69,***? So you are gonna save the car then?'I hope so, that is a neat car, nice score!

-
Back