Working On A New Hood For The Swinger

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been working on and off on a new custom hood for my dart. I got a great deal on the donor hood, and had an extra hood laying around to play with. All of the metal work is just about wrapped up, just need to finish the underside and then start the body work. Looking for some opinions.

Attachments

• Dart Hood 1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 491
  • Dart Hood 2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 493
  • Dart Hood 3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 499
  • Dart Hood 4.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 492
  • Dart Hood 5.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 488
I think it looks cool. What is the donor hood? Looks familiar but I can't place it. I think if I were to do it I would have left the stock ridges on the top of the hood and trimmed the donor hood much closer to the scoop.

Looks cool, like something Chrysler would have done in the day. Looks like a '72-73 Mustang Boss hood maybe?

I think it looks cool. What is the donor hood? Looks familiar but I can't place it. I think if I were to do it I would have left the stock ridges on the top of the hood and trimmed the donor hood much closer to the scoop.
Thanks. I thought about leaving the ridges, but I think there would have been too much going on and would have distracted from the over all look. Thanks for the input!
Looks cool, like something Chrysler would have done in the day. Looks like a '72-73 Mustang Boss hood maybe?
You nailed! Came from a Nasa mustang hood.

Outside of the norm, I dig it.
Thanks man. I love thinking outside the box.
I like it. Nice work. Do you think it will be very functional when done?
Thanks! It will be functional ram air hood! I retained alot of the original underside of the mustang hood. I just need to finish building the finish panels on the underside.

I like it! Going to be ready for MATS in March? If so, see you there.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I wasn't too sure if it would look cool but I'm really happy how it's turning out. Yes I will be at Mats and hopefully the hood will be bolted on lol.

Well its done! Just got it back from the body shop a few days ago. I am really happy with the results. Gives the car a totally different look to it. Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 310
  • photo 2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 312
  • photo 3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 303
  • photo 4.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 313
Those are very cool hoods, I loved the look of the 71 to 73 Mach 1 mustangs, so much so that I owned a few as a young guy. You did an incredible job of crafting and making it look like it came from the factory with that hood.

Those are very cool hoods, I loved the look of the 71 to 73 Mach 1 mustangs, so much so that I owned a few as a young guy. You did an incredible job of crafting and making it look like it came from the factory with that hood.
Thanks for the kind words. I have always liked the mach 1 hoods. This one fell in my lap and I coudn't help myself lol
that hood is SICK! looks great
Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

Creative & Custom........Very NICE work right there :thumbup:

Creative & Custom........Very NICE work right there :thumbup:
Thanks C!
Man that hood looks freakin AWESOME!
Thanks. Took a lot of time and effort but it was totally worth it. The stock hoods on these cars are just too plain for my over all vision of the car. The challenger style hood that I took off is now in the process of building some fiberglass versions of it.

-
Back