would you reach into a urinal for 10 cents?

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
I stopped by a gas station on the way home and while I was filling one tank, I decided to empty the other

so as I was standing there, relieving myself I spotted a shiny new dime in the bottom of the urinal
now, as you guys might know, I'm Dutch...but even I wasn't going to reach into a gas station urinal for 10 cents

luckily I had two quarters on me
so I tossed them into the urinal and reached in to grab my 60 cents

Dutch? Sounds more like you're Polish.

LOL There is a solution to every problem.

That's what pliers are for.

I've heard that urine is pretty sterile. After pulling many calves over the years I may be able to salvage a nickel
Yote

If you eat Fast Food, you have touched worse..... I like money so where there is a will there is a way and that dime will find a new home lol....

JW

If Iwere 10c short toward a shot of Makers Mark theirs a good possibly

Kids today will not pick up a quarter of the ground, they make fun of me for picking coins up.

About 20 years ago I was helping install a new floor in another's laundry room. He found a penny on the floor and promptly threw it in a trash can. I asked when he last made $18. an hour ? The reply was that never had he made that much. I told him that it took about one second to pick up the penny and another second to throw it in the trash, the equivalent of about $18. an hour. The look on his face was priceless.
Yote

About 20 years ago I was helping install a new floor in another's laundry room. He found a penny on the floor and promptly threw it in a trash can. I asked when he last made $18. an hour ? The reply was that never had he made that much. I told him that it took about one second to pick up the penny and another second to throw it in the trash, the equivalent of about $18. an hour. The look on his face was priceless.
Yote
personally I think they should have quit making pennies yrs ago . I won`t even bother w/ them.

Dutch? Sounds more like you're Polish.

I dated this girl. She was half polish. Was a real riot when she was drunk. Did gymnastics for 12+ years. So the drunker she got the more acrobatic she got. But being part polish, she couldn't leave a single penny on the floor if she spotted it. Was out at the bar with her one night and saw her pick a nickel up off the sticky dance floor and she was smiling and happy about it! I bugged her about it all night. After that I made sure I always had a pocket full of nickles/dimes/quarters to throw on the ground when she was drinking. Nothing more entertaining then watching a drunk gymnastic girl do some crazy bend to peel a nickel off the sticky bar room floor.

Years ago on 25 cent draft beer night I noticed a nickel in the urinal.
I threw in 2 dimes to be a smart ***.
My next trip to the John the coins were all gone.
And that's why your mom said don't put coins in your mouth.

Grandpa told me once - never be to proud to pass up a penny. To this day, I embarrass the hell out of my adult kids. Not a point of nationality, or how much you make, it's your perception of value. The urinal thing would would make me be more creative tho.

Quick update guys, I'm on vacation in chile and thier currency is not worth a whole lot
In fact, one US dollar is about 670 pesos, so I'm finding good myself picking up 50 peso pincest at a time

Reminds me of the story Mel Tillis tells about his boyhood friend who went down to the gas station to use their outhouse. Afterward, he went to the station guy and ask him if he could borrow his fishing pole. This made the attendant curious, so he asked the boy what he needed it for. Well, says the kid, I accidentally dropped my jacket down in the hole and I want to get it out. The station guy says you not really thinking about wearing that jacket again are you kid? The kid replies, well no, but I've got a couple of biscuits in the pocket.

My buddy wiped his *** with a 500¥ note in Japan and some dude picked it up and washed it off...it was worth about $3.90. A beer out in town was 1500¥

-
Back