WOW Stolen Cuda found

-
Glad he is getting his car back... but wow that thing is stripped! Hopefully now the cops can track down the missing drivetrain and other parts off the car!

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 364
If the parts have recently been removed then the buyer is a thief now. If they were removed long ago then he was aware long ago that the vehicle was stolen and is guilty of involvement with the original theft.

If they were recently removed, you should be able to look through any threaded nuts on the car (rear leaf spring perches etc) and see if threads are shiny or rusty. If they are shiny, then the bastard stripped it because he felt the heat coming on and took as much of it as he could.

I say we all get a calling circle going and cluster f*ck him with calls 24 x 7.... Make him change his phone numbers for his cell and his business, keep him awake at night, harrass his secretary at work that answers the phone for him until he has to change all of his phone numbers..

Give him a pair of Chicago boots.... :finga:

Also we all should look on our local craig's list and see if any 440 block, 440 six pack engines, parts, Dana axle, etc are advertised and if you happen to be able to go look at them, see if they are from the stolen car and turn them in.

I wish I still had a good stock of 70 cuda parts to send to the victims....that is going to cost a fortune to put back together.

This is so bad, I really hope justice is served to those who are the thieves here.

Shitton says he has all the parts to put it back together and will turn them over.

We shall see.

Shitton says he has all the parts to put it back together and will turn them over.

We shall see.

makes you wonder why he took them off. guilt-much........why would any one strip a car unless something is wrong

Shitton says he has all the parts to put it back together and will turn them over. We shall see.

That of itself is good news. Maybe he's finally starting to feel the pressure. The fact that a hard name as "the seller" hasn't surfaced might be telling

makes you wonder why he took them off. guilt-much........why would any one strip a car unless something is wrong

He was doing resto work and getting it ready for a Barrett Jackson auction in LV from reports.

Until the title snafu bit him in the arse...

Love the jeans Del!!!

This is sickening. That poor couple and the Cuda.
This guy needs to be taken behind the wood shed and be taught a lesson.
I think I'm going to start making phone calls.

Put a tracking device on your car.

They sell them for cheap and can send signals to a smart phone, GPS as well as trigger things like ignition kills outside of parameters that can be set.

This would have prevented all of this. The systems have their own batteries that recharge from the 12v system, so even if someone disconnects the battery and tows it, unless they can find it and tear it out of the car (because they are somehow aware of it) within the time it takes you to locate or before the system warns you that the car is in motion, without running, they will never manage.

You don't need to bury it in some extremely difficult place. Just put it somewhere in the car that is out of sight and takes a reasonable amount of effort to dismantle.

Most of them send a text message to your phone if they go dead or if the car is moved without the ignition being in the run position.

The best way to not lose your car, is to always know where it is.

A friend of mine had his driver truck stolen. He found it in a ditch, 24 hours later, off of Sheridan (main blvd here) and the cops didn't even investigate the site. Apparently, there is nothing suspicious about a truck in a ditch off of a main road. I know for a fact that cops usually don't do anything when it comes to stolen property, outside of serial numbers landing in their lap, they don't have the time or resources to recover.

If you want to keep your stuff, lock it up and keep an eye on it, be it digital or otherwise. Its easy and cheap, these days, to prevent this, even though you shouldn't have to.

Put a tracking device on your car.
This would have prevented all of this. .

Maybe, maybe not

I bought my 98 Ranger used several years ago, with a LoJack on board. I live in the N of Idaho. Hell there isn't any LoJack coverage within 500 miles of here. I called the company, explained that I'd bought the truck, and that I wanted to remove it to prevent problems such as battery leakage or other electrical issues, and they waltzed me right through it. Once I "knew where it was" it turned out to be a 4 minute job!!!! On the Ranger, you pull the radio using two "special" (easy to get) tools, a few screws around the heater / AC bezel, and reach up and grab the box under the dash.

Which of course is what's wrong with "all this stuff" If you can't find or recover your car before the thieves find the tracker, you are still out.

He was doing resto work and getting it ready for a Barrett Jackson auction in LV from reports.

Until the title snafu bit him in the arse...

Love the jeans Del!!!

How could he sell it at Barrett-Jackson with out a clean title? He would have to change VIN's and if it was checked it should come back as stolen now. (which I hope Barrett-jackson would verify all documentation prior to allowing them into an auction - if not you would have to question the integrity of Barrett-Jackson).

No, what bit him in the a-- was that he put it in a storage facility and got behind in the bills. (about $4 k worth of storage fees due) The storage facility then ran the VIN and sent a bill for the storage fees to be paid by the true original and still legally titled owner. That's what started the whole down hill spiral for him.

By the time the original owners could get to the storage facility, jackass (Lee), had paid the fees and taken the car back to his nicely fenced in mansion with locked gates. He rufused to talk about it and you could tell he was hiding something...

If he hadn't gotten behind in the storage fees, the original owners may have never found him and their Cuda. Ya gotta wonder if he has done this before....

And who knows how many car enthusiast forums that their is a thread or two about this on.

How could he sell it at Barrett-Jackson with out a clean title? He would have to change VIN's and if it was checked it should come back as stolen now. (which I hope Barrett-jackson would verify all documentation prior to allowing them into an auction - if not you would have to question the integrity of Barrett-Jackson).

No, what bit him in the a-- was that he put it in a storage facility and got behind in the bills. (about $4 k worth of storage fees due) The storage facility then ran the VIN and sent a bill for the storage fees to be paid by the true original and still legally titled owner. That's what started the whole down hill spiral for him.

By the time the original owners could get to the storage facility, jackass (Lee), had paid the fees and taken the car back to his nicely fenced in mansion with locked gates. He rufused to talk about it and you could tell he was hiding something...

If he hadn't gotten behind in the storage fees, the original owners may have never found him and their Cuda. Ya gotta wonder if he has done this before....

And who knows how many car enthusiast forums that their is a thread or two about this on.

The car was NEVER in storage at the tow yard according to an employee.

The entire auction/storage deal was a ruse to get a clear title via lien sale.

I am thinking send the whole car and parts to
Graveyard cars
and send the restoration bill to SItton

I am thinking send the whole car and parts to
Graveyard cars
and send the restoration bill to SItton

Why in HELL would you do that? Might as well have left it at Sitton's place. Those guys are not car guys, and they are not restoration experts

"What they are" is TV show hacks

I understand the Hack statement, but given the whole publicity of everything I think the Whites could get there car back in better condition than when it was stolen from them if they had it restored by someone.

overhaulin comes to mind also, but they take too much artistic liberty for my taste sometimes.

lee sutton needs some karma.

We should all post craig's list ads for the 70 Cuda 440 six pak for $5k with both his personal cell phone and business phone numbers. List the business phone to call during working hours and cell between 12 AM & 6 AM so he gets woke up in middle of the night. Let his secretary at work get cluster-f&cked with phone calls.

He will have to change his phone numbers to get away from it all. But changing his business phone number may also hurt his business, or will he just keep the current one and hope the calls subside. Any business cards, advertisements, and company cars with name and phone on it will have to be fixed if he has to change it.

we could all call all american construction-his business-and ask for an estimate. an estimate for what?, he says... an estimate for what it's gonna take to return a car and it's pieces that don't belong to him.

-
Back