Wow....the price keeps going up on these....

-
Well, it isn't the '70s or even the '80s anymore is it?
I remember my brother buying a collection of used 440 6 pack stuff in the early '80s for $300 U.S.
That included the cast iron intake, 8 parts carbs complete with 2 sets of fuel lines and misc. float bowls etc.
No air cleaner though, and that was strong money at the time for what was there.
The seller said it came off a '70 Super Bee that he stripped and junked and that was in the trunk.
That cast iron intake was HEAVY.....

I've got a 440 intake, it's the carb prices that keep me from using it. That, and the fact that the intake and carb I've got is just as fast.
If I found some used carbs cheap, well.........?
Obviously the difference is the availability of a 440 intake, and the lack of availability for a small block. Looked for a 383 Sixpack intake lately? Should be even rarer than a 340. Never an assy line option.

Just put you an LS in that bad boy sell your 340 and you are in!!!

i know this isn't exactly the same thing....but i have a complete 55/56 Packard Caribbean dual carb setup with air cleaner and it wouldn't even go for 5k and its WAY more rare. but the cars aren't as popular either so there is that.

On something like a 6 pac they know they can get away with crazy pricing because there is a small crowd that wants one. For someone doing a stock build that had a 6 pac, car show guys, or the street cruiser that think they look cool. Give me a Holley and I’ll show them how to go faster.
Carter.

The prices on Jegs is the main reason this guy has a crazy price for his.
A few years back (maybe ten) I bought a 4144 (generic 6pk center carb) for around $350, about the same as a new 850 double pump.
They are now "fair traded" ( meaning everybody that wants to sell one, has to agree to sell at the same price) for $900, and some cents.
Seven listing on Google, seven different suppliers, same price.
It's HOLLEY that has driven the prices insane. I can buy a new Dominator for less than a 350cfm two barrel!

i know this isn't exactly the same thing....but i have a complete 55/56 Packard Caribbean dual carb setup with air cleaner and it wouldn't even go for 5k and its WAY more rare. but the cars aren't as popular either so there is that.
In our world, IF rare equaled $$$$$, then my 62 Lancer would be worth a small fortune!!! lol

Back in the 1980 I’m thinking Mopar has a trailer at one of the NHRA or IHRA events. Knowing my buddy ran stock class they let him go through every 6pak box on the trailer and pick out the one he wanted. (Less core shift). Times have changed some.

Last edited:
I'm kinda glad and kinda sad that 440 6 packs aren't climbing like that.

I rode in a 340 6 pack powered '50 dodge pickup one time and it was not impressive.
My cousin was married to a guy who had a 71 340 Duster. In stock trim it was one of the fastest car in our town. After a cam change, he added a six pack and I can tell you, what was a very fast 340 Duster became a wicked fast 340 Duster. If you have a six pack set-up but don't know how to tune it, it's pretty much a big aggravation. That Duster would still get squirrelly when shifted into 3rd gear. Fastest car I ever put my butt in.

Are people really getting this or are they nuts?!? I know stuff is getting more expensive but this is crazy. Seen this on Facebook today...$5000 obo for just the intake and carbs! Granted it’s all new, but it’s only mopar performance stuff, not originals.

View attachment 1715877190
Try to get tripower or six pack for anything these days is going to cost. It does seem a bit steep though to me.

I could maybe see that kind of money for a real sixpack car, if they were restored correct originals and they were needed.
For a modified car, for something with a modest performance gain (maybe) and for eyewash ...... no way, no chance. ( I think you can get a roots blower setup for about that price.)

Well, it isn't the '70s or even the '80s anymore is it?
I remember my brother buying a collection of used 440 6 pack stuff in the early '80s for $300 U.S.
That included the cast iron intake, 8 parts carbs complete with 2 sets of fuel lines and misc. float bowls etc.
No air cleaner though, and that was strong money at the time for what was there.
The seller said it came off a '70 Super Bee that he stripped and junked and that was in the trunk.
That cast iron intake was HEAVY.....
Ah the 70’s! I remember - Well some of them...

DEAL OF THE DAY. 2 to choose from $3,995.00 each or both for $7,990.00

Today build a Chevy and buy a house.
I remember 20 years ago… I bought a 2 door 69 dart slant 6 for 450 bucks and a 64 4 door slant 6 dart for 800. Both with full interiors and barely any rust to fix.

Should have kept the damn things. But when I needed to get rid of them ….I was 20 and broke and needed to make rent…. I couldn’t GIVE them away when I listed them for sale. I stripped them and gave them to a junkyard…. Who was pissed when they came to get them cause all the good parts were gone.

but I do have several tubs full of parts for a 64 or 69 if I get another one for a reasonable price. Grilles… harnesses… taillights…. Dash… etc. the tow man was like… uhhhh I thought these were complete cars… I said… you didn’t ask…. Your problem now

now I know what “the good ole days” means cause look at the prices now… damn

Last edited:
I wonder if the seller is the guy who had his buddy do "market research" on here a few weeks ago?

I remember 20 years ago… I bought a 2 door 69 dart slant 6 for 450 bucks and a 64 4 door slant 6 dart for 800. Both with full interiors and barely any rust to fix.

Should have kept the damn things. But when I needed to get rid of them ….I was 20 and broke and needed to make rent…. I couldn’t GIVE them away when I listed them for sale. I stripped them and gave them to a junkyard…. Who was pissed when they came to get them cause all the good parts were gone.

but I do have several tubs full of parts for a 64 or 69 if I get another one for a reasonable price. Grilles… harnesses… taillights…. Dash… etc. the tow man was like… uhhhh I thought these were complete cars… I said… you didn’t ask…. Your problem now

now I know what “the good ole days” means cause look at the prices now… damn

I crushed a '72 Demon because it didn't have a title. :(

Thanks for the awakening.
The feature cars at 2020 Carlisle were TAs and AARs. I remember trying to count the number gathered, over 40. I talked to the head guy of Transamcuda.com who seemed to be in charge and told him I had an original 1970 6pack setup and would be interested in selling only IF it was used on an original car. No 360 Valiants or 318 Darts.

Original AC, intake and 3 NOS carbs in boxes I bought from Holley about 1980. I told him the hood seal was perfect, better than the one on his red AAR that was under the big tent. The picture I took a few minutes ago shows the factory black tape at the hood seal joint and the pan is just about perfect, just clean and use. The factory intake is close to perfect with no mods. I bought everything at a swap meet about 1980 with 3 butchered carbs and was going to use it on my 340 car. That's when I bought 3 new carbs from Holley, before they started repopping them, and ordered NOS fuel lines from the local dealer still in their Chrysler plastic bags.

The AAR guy was VERY interested and asked for a price but I wasn't prepared so he gave me his card and said to email pictures of everything. I mentioned I might put it on Ebay and he said don't, you'll have to deal with all kinds of a-holes. He wanted it but I didn't want to give a price until I did a little research.

I came up with a price last year but never followed up. It's very important to me that it gets used on a real AAR or T/A rather than get top dollar. I always seem to pay too much and sell too low.

20220303_150429.jpg

Wow, another item that’s rare and keeps going up....think for that price they would be mint and not have some rust pitting. I’m not sure the value on these but glad I don’t need them!

9915EFCB-3E53-445E-BAE4-4D5E3FA9DF67.jpeg

Asking price and selling price is 2 different things. How about this one. Just "one small crack"

FOR SALE - 1970 Dodge Wood Wheel
Lol, I've seen a couple of "big" wheels for sale here, $500...??WTF??!! To think I sold a windowed-spoke one w/2 cracks complete with horn assy., black button, clear fratzog insert & all for $35 about '90. To a guy building a fake Hemi RR 'vert......"do-over" comes to mind...

Wow, another item that’s rare and keeps going up....think for that price they would be mint and not have some rust pitting. I’m not sure the value on these but glad I don’t need them!

View attachment 1715884164

makes me wonder what these 340 HP manifolds are worth i got sitting here.....did'nt realize they were made of gold...thought it was just cast iron???

-
Back