Ya anouther cam story

-
Why not throw the 360 in now and drive for the summer the way it is?I,ve got a 73 318 sitting in the driveway and shriek everytime I look at it!At least you,ll have some nuts for the summer!LOL.

Havent got the money for the 360 yet.I have to spend at least 2 grand to get me on the road.This car has been a money pit.I could kick my wife in the *** for picking this one.

Havent got the money for the 360 yet.I have to spend at least 2 grand to get me on the road.This car has been a money pit.I could kick my wife in the *** for picking this one.
seriously dont get ahead of yourself just more money..quit watching those fast and furious movies

What......you doubt ? Maybe in your world a 12.90 car is a rocketship !!

I'm not saying that a 484 cam is right for his build or that there arent better
cams out there. But you can't dismiss them as worthless cams. They can make some decent power if the combo and tuning is done right.
My advice is to choose a good combo that is realistic for his actual driving.
(not what he is dreaming of doing ) Is it a daily driver ? how often will it be raced ? How much hwy driving will he really do (ie what gears to run)? etc... And tune it correctly.

What......you doubt ? Maybe in your world a 12.90 car is a rocketship !!

I'm not saying that a 484 cam is right for his build or that there arent better
cams out there. But you can't dismiss them as worthless cams. They can make some decent power if the combo and tuning is done right.
My advice is to choose a good combo that is realistic for his actual driving.
(not what he is dreaming of doing ) Is it a daily driver ? how often will it be raced ? How much hwy driving will he really do (ie what gears to run)? etc... And tune it correctly.
Why would I doubt a 12.80 not like its a feat of substantial interest~
And yes worthless compared to jusy about any modern Grind
Cmon now....

Maybe I mistook the " hmmmm......"

I assumed that you found it interesting enough to post about it .

Fast is a relative term....... Relative to how much money you want to spend.
How streetable you want your car... How often you will race...how much more money and mods you want to throw into the rest of the driveline and chassis etc...

If you own a 9.0 sec car and read a post from some guy that wants to make his 318 car faster ,you can't assume that he is thinking 9-11secs fast. He might think that breaking the 15 sec barrier is good .

Fast is a relative term....... Relative to how much money you want to spend.
How streetable you want your car... How often you will race...how much more money and mods you want to throw into the rest of the driveline and chassis etc...

If you own a 9.0 sec car and read a post from some guy that wants to make his 318 car faster ,you can't assume that he is thinking 9-11secs fast. He might think that breaking the 15 sec barrier is good .
He wont have to worrie about that 15 sec barrier with that combo:sad1:

Maybe relative to say this: IMG00003.jpg

IMG00003.jpg

Got a stock 318 into the 15's once; 500 holley jetted down, stronger valve springs, manual 3 speed, 3.23 open, slapper bars.
I would never install a used cam. That carb will give you headaches on a 318 that only can pull in 380+- cfm.

There's a guy out here that runs a 318 '68 Coronet in the low 11's .
Okay... it is an ex AHRA record holder that winds to the moon (8000+)
and has W2's ....etc.. But honestly runs low 11's ! Pretty wild to watch !!

Old Gary McCoy used to run an AAR Cuda 4sp with 5.13's and if I remember correctly it ran high 10's - low 11's (been 20+ years). I won't say it was stock , but it sure looked stock in appearance.

There were some pretty wicked cars back in the old days before all our "modern " technologies.

-
Back