Yes, it's a sickness!!!!....

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is cosgig and I've got a problem!!! I've got the disease, Mopar Madness!!! As if I don't have enough projects to do, plus my regular life as a mild mannered reporter, I've gone off the deep end and found another 66 Cuda!! It was a craigslist find, and had lingered on there for over a month with a bad description and a high price tag! I couldn't help myself, I had to rescue it!! It's a Formula S 4 speed, original paint, red on red, a decent start to a really neat little car! It's got no motor or trans, but as luck would have it I have an extra commando motor from a 66 to throw at it! It also needs a floor pan, front and back, but the 4 speed bump is in good condition, and as luck would have it, I have a really nice complete floorpan to go with it too!! No build sheet, but it does have the fender tag!

It also had an early B body 8 3/4 installed....poorly I might add, so I yanked that out and righted the agregious wrong that had been done installing it!! With a little help and a great big thanks to our esteemed member "DuBob" Brent, it is now sitting back on all 4's! It had a hideous rear shackle system, and shock plates with not one, but 2 shock bolts welded on, just in case I guess!! It was stuck on the trailer until Brent offered up a sweet pair of shackles for the rear, and for free I might add!! I'd like to say that's the Christmas spirit, but I think it's more like the FABO spirit!!

So, I'm working on getting the interior straightened around, getting the grille and bumper back on, and then I'm going to offer it up for sale with all of the parts I have that it needs in hopes that someone needs a great little project!! That's all for now folks, thanks for letting me share this sickness with people who understand!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 636
I don't have a cure and I'm afraid it's contagious!
Cool car And it's on Rally wheels too!

ya sick b------! take two asprin, send me a check for $50, and see me again next week??? Ha
ya got it cheap cause our early A's get no love or $$$.. maybe why I love em!! ha nice project and a 4 banger to boot!!!!

and I take offense at me having to weld on bolts to fix my shock plates!!! ha I hate to throw away good fixable parts!!! ha

Awesome cosgig! Just something to keep you busy when there is no crime to fight or report.

Geof you are a sick man indeed! Great catch. This little red fish will be a fun one to watch. Tmm

-- Hello, my name is cosgig and I've got a problem!!! I've got the disease, Mopar Madness!!! --
--- Possibly you have this, along with me, and several others, on this Forum. -- Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• CAR POX.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 539
RPMagoo,THANKS !! Now I can show the wife that I do have a REAL affliction.

cosgig, Nice, have fun with this one !!

It's not a hobby, It's an addiction!
If being addicted is wrong, I don't wont to be right!
That would be to the lyrics of if lovin you is wrong.

not under the ins. list of covered diseases. O Bama care screwed up again!???? ha

question is" IS this disease a result of genetics or environment???? or are we just weak!??? ha

answer: weak!

It is a sickness. I've been doing drugs for years to try and cure it. Just makes it worse. Probably shouldn't self-medicate...

Ben - I might be slightly off base here (but I doubt it - maybe it's your avatar..) - you not self medicating would be like a shark not eating - I just don't see it happening... :twisted:

Very nice score. Unfortunately the sickness of being not just a mopar lover but an early a-body geek is incureable.
Trust me I'm infected myself and no treatment is available. LOL.

Oldschoolcuda

but now I am feeling down, not because of your great find! but because I just read the r eason us early A body guys have little access to aftermarket parts is because we are all a bunch of TIGHTASSES!!!!!!! wow that hurts.....

true but hurts! and if an early A body guy with a slant,...... its so tight we CAN only use the crapper once a week!!??? ha .... merry Xmas!

You all are too kind!!!! Understand this, my early A body affliction plays right into my super tightwad lifestyle, heck, I get buyers remorse when I buy a $20 pair of shoes!!! But, that's why I love these little cars, they're cheap to build, parts are everywhere, and they're cheap!! I've found more 64-6 Cudas in the past 2 years than I used to find 70-72 Darts, which seemed to be behind every shed in Michigan!! These cars are popping up everywhere, and that's a good thing for us early A lovers!!! Towanda!!!!!!!!

one of the first old mopars I found for sale was in 83. all I remember was it was a 273 car the guy had drug out of a cow pasture, it had a vacuum gauge ( I thought what the heck!), and he redid the rear qtr in fiberglass 3 inches thick! I really liked that oddball sucker, but NOONE back then wanted any A body period!!!!!
probably would have bought it except for that fiberglass! ha

with decent size wheels. they have a look about them. of course seeing the first hemi under glass helps! Ha

one of the first old mopars I found for sale was in 83. all I remember was it was a 273 car the guy had drug out of a cow pasture, it had a vacuum gauge ( I thought what the heck!), and he redid the rear qtr in fiberglass 3 inches thick! I really liked that oddball sucker, but NOONE back then wanted any A body period!!!!!
probably would have bought it except for that fiberglass! ha

with decent size wheels. they have a look about them. of course seeing the first hemi under glass helps! Ha

I know what you mean!! When I first found the car that would become the blue 66 in a field near my house, I fell in love with the look of it! Back then, nobody but nobody was even thinking of doing an early A, and guys at all the swap meets knew I was the only one doing them!! They were bringing cherry parts just for me, and selling them at stupid low prices!! Bought this set of rear window trim in 1996 or so for $200...got an NOS passenger side grille for $100, heck, the first thing I bought was a new carpet set which had just come out...$99 bucks!! Check the price on that set now!!! Yikes!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 352
I know you well enough to know that you are a sick, sick man. BTW did you know that Marshall moters in Jackson has two of them pretty cheap.............Yup I'm the kinda guy that would give a fifth to an alcoholic.

I know you well enough to know that you are a sick, sick man. BTW did you know that Marshall moters in Jackson has two of them pretty cheap.............Yup I'm the kinda guy that would give a fifth to an alcoholic.

I know it's Christmas Eve and all, but do you think Marshalls is open late on Thursday????

-
Back