You might be an "A-body owner" if......

-
You might be an "old car owner(A body here), when you're wife doesn't worry about you being in the local bar, because she knows you and your buddies are in your garage, not the local watering hole. You know she loves you when she brings you beer. There are 10,000 members here, but my wife knows where me and my friends are, and it's not in a bar. I'm blessed to have a spare bedroom after my son moved off to college. More than 3 beers, My wife takes your keys, and you stay here. Free breakfast ,too.

We could get a 12 pack in our 68 Darts. And when it starts getting cold out, you have to drink real fast!
I’ve got 8 in there with packing but 12. Maybe we should have a contest like how many people you can stuff in a vw. And two classes cans or bottles Lol

In Washington State on the west side, if you make more noise than a Tesla, you get dirty looks over $400 sunglasses. I guess I'm my body is old, but my brain is stuck at 17 sometimes. My wife tells me so.

Or if you are just plain to cheap to go to the bar so you move the bar into the shop.

5D4DC092-98BA-4E79-A7E9-DF334B450796.jpeg

It is on the road and running, I am in process of debugging it. Misc rubs rattles and wiring issues. It is very snappy! A total hoot to drive. Only took me what, four years? Hah! I just love seeing it in the driveway instead of being a fixture on the rack in the shop. Every single time I look at it I just grin like a monkey!

F20AB1DB-082C-4F05-8E1C-9A9C15C7E0DD.jpeg

It is on the road and running, I am in process of debugging it. Misc rubs rattles and wiring issues. It is very snappy! A total hoot to drive. Only took me what, four years? Hah! I just love seeing it in the driveway instead of being a fixture on the rack in the shop. Every single time I look at it I just grin like a monkey!

View attachment 1715731714
It sure looks nice and probably goes like stink. A four yr build but worth it. Keep it between the ditches and the shiny side up. Keep well.

View attachment 1715731714
Know exactly what you mean about grining. Had to put wide load signs on dart because the smile is wider than the highway

You might be an A body owner if:
You try to buy every other A body that you come across that looks like it's been sitting for a couple months, and end up with 13 parts cars for the one that you're trying to resurrect.

You might be an A body owner if:
You try to buy every other A body that you come across that looks like it's been sitting for a couple months, and end up with 13 parts cars for the one that you're trying to resurrect.
Well my recollection of my wreckcollection is that I one have one abody for parts it is the sister to my car 74 dart sport 318 family type car mostly complete amazingly rotten. The other 20 some odd vehicles are an assortment of ford trucks an chebbys with a few neons and sundances. Good to have junk

The second childhood is even better
I'm freshly retired, and I agree! I started a new life after 59 years in the hamster cage! My Swinger is finally getting the work she's earned since I bought her in 2007. The money I saved over all these years is now being spent without guilt. Our youngest leaves for Vanderbilt this fall, so we'll have a guest bedroom, and one less vehicle to maintain and/or fix. Life is good!

-
Back