You might be an "A-body owner" if......

-
If you know for a fact that 4 cans of beer will fit in the right vent door and 3 in the left , to cool off on a fall night. Plus several laid down in front of the radiator.
Yote
And here I thought that was a factory option. Mopar is always ahead of the competition.

When you have a sheet to remember all the years your car has parts for to get replacements.

Oh Gawd, I'm already there. I'm up to 6 different years/models putting this thing together. And nowhere done yet.

Oh Gawd, I'm already there. I'm up to 6 different years/models putting this thing together. And nowhere done yet.

that makes for great fun when someone asks you what kind of car that is:

well, the body is 72 duster
the tail light panel came from a 71 demon
the grill is out off a 69 valiant
i think the hood came from a scamp
the rear end is out of a 68 barracuda
the front brakes are from a 79 cordoba
the wheels are stockers from a 73 charger
the back seat is out of a space duster
and the front seats came out of a 97 viper
oh and the motor came out of a 83 motor home

(and, queue Johnny Cash)

You might be an a body owner if you had some money in the bank, but not any more

you might be an abody owner if other then jeep cherokee guys you are one of the cheapest people walking the earth.. :)

You are hounded relentlessly by beak haters.

688c2bfb259f8a7796f2e439240c7144.jpg

if you go to meet your wife at work and as you pull into the parking lot and let it idle...and she can hear you through 7 inches of poured concrete

IF your idea of high quality paint job flows from a can of flat black marked Rusteolum!!!! And to save a buck, you have no compressor but a big bag of foam brushed! And you clean them rather than throwing away after use ??
But we still have beer money.

The guy at the next gas pump says “Nice Chevelle” and you just say “Thanks”

The neighbors know it’s going to rain tomorrow if they see your car on jack stands covered with a tarp.

The kid at the parts counter slowly repeats
“Bare Uh Koo Duh?”
Then confidently says “That’s a Chevy right?”
*true story

When you tell your friends you’re restoring a vintage Mopar they say “Really!!??”
You say yeah, a Dart, and they say
“Oh” :-/

When you need something for your 66 Valiant so you go to NAPA, the best of the poor local parts stores. Kid who maybe just got his driver's license asks what I need. I know he has no clue what a Valiant or a slant is, so I start with telling him I'm working on a 66 Plymouth. He says "what's a Plymouth?". I am floored. I tell him it's a car brand, like a Chevrolet. He says OK, what model. I tell him it's a Valiant and after SEVERAL MINUTES of searching, he says he can't find it. I look at his screen and see he is searching for a CHEVROLET VALIANT. I walked away rather than start chewing on the idiot. Seriously, if you are going to work in a parts store, you should know at least what cars are out there. My A-Body story for today.

Similar story for me. I bought some parts for my son's 1999 Explorer. As I'm checking out, I ask him if they have a master cylinder for a Dart Swinger. He looks up like a goldfish, and says "I never heard of a Swinger. Who makes that? I thought that was you old people did in the 70's." I had him look it up, and I thought 3 of his piercing were going to fall out. When I asked him for some kingpins for my Terraplane, he couldn't even answer, just stood there like a carp out of water. I now have a new sport.

When he said "I never heard of a Swinger. Who makes that? I thought that was you old people did in the 70's."
I’m surprised you didn’t say “Yeah, it was so much fun we even named a car after it.” :)

-
Back