You say a Smart Car is too small for you? Shaq fits!

-
Smart cars are being seen more and more around the dragstrip used as pit cars. They load them on the back of the trailers-right behind the drag car. They are being preferred over golf carts because they are street legal and they can "run into town and back" and don't take up much more room. That's the best use for them..... that's being smart :)

Smart cars are being seen more and more around the dragstrip used as pit cars. They load them on the back of the trailers-right behind the drag car. They are being preferred over golf carts because they are street legal and they can "run into town and back" and don't take up much more room. That's the best use for them..... that's being smart :)
They also make trailer hitches for them. My dad put one on his Smart car and bought a trailer from Harbor Freight, and he used it during hunting season to bring home deer, rather than spend money on fuel in his truck. Also, they do have a small tailgate!

Talking about not wanting to get hit with a big truck or SUV in a Smart car... the structure of those cars is designed like a very rigid and strong cage, opposite of larger "normal" cars which have crumple zones and spaces meant to absorb impacts. A Smart car (or any tiny micro-car for that matter) is basically designed to smash into another car like a bowling ball and put all the impact energy into the other car. At worst a smart car might fly and bounce around in a crash but the passenger compartment won't get crushed.

Just don't run into any brick walls or freight trains lol. Or a 1950-70s Chrysler C-body or Imperial heh heh...

ill see you "official crash test videos" and I will raise you....MEMES

thumb_buying-a-smart-car-seems-like-a-good-idea-until-62010235.png

835645e0f839ae42af014a15328021eb.jpg

iegotinto-an-accident-with-e-a-smart-car-today-my-12556839.png

2hnoh7.jpg

Death Trap.
My life is worth a little more than
Saving $30 a week in gas.
Or maiming any of my family members.

Terrible conception to begin with. IMHO.

Especially when I couldn't fit my (portable) tool box in it.

Last edited:
Terrible conception to begin with. IMHO.

Especially when I couldn't fit my tool box in it.

actually its a great concept if used for what its designed for. a city car. they are great in the city but were never meant to be a truck.

-
Back