YOUNG GUNS! Sign In and WIN

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go Ross!!! You can't go wrong with any of the prizes in the Young Guns prize pool. Man this is a great contest. I'm so glad that the Young Guns are getting hooked up by this contest. I'm gonna put together something special for the prize pool too!!! Good luck with your car Ross, Geof

go ross its your birthday we gonna give you car stuff for your birthday go go
OK Ill stop way to go ross congrats

SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow thanks everyone! I honestly did not expect this! Very cool!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats bud......put that stuff to good use...looks like you picked up some neat stuff out of this drawing. Best of luck to you and make sure to keep everyone posted on the progress you make out of your sweet new stuff!

congrats man!

And like everyone has been saying, thanks Leanna and all who have donated!!!

i'm sure all of us young guns are lookin forward to next month! lol

Hey there, all you Young Guns!

Best of luck in the competition!

For those that just can't wait to win my show board prize, you can always just call or email me to order your custom show board. I have just posted a couple samples to wet your appetite.

Yes, this is a MOPAR!! And YES, it's got a HEMI!
1020-Rich-Eistertz-32-Ply-s.jpg

Many of you probably know Mike Merrell from Hawaii. He emailed me these photos of his '70 Duster below. So where you live is not a problem. Just email me some decent photos. The higher the resolution, the better. (Background does not matter, I take that out.)

833-Mike-Merrell-SBV4flat.jpg

Also, don't fret about design, I'll take care of that. And yes, you will see a proof and have a say in how it looks. I'm easy to work with.

881-Rich-Salvatore-sbflat-c.jpg

My regular price on these boards is $220, easelback stand is $20 and S&H is $25.

For the month of March, you get this all for $220!! SAVE $45!!

These boards are 18" x 24", 1/4" PVC with Gloss Laminate.

Email me for details!

Hope to hear from you guys, soon!

Jeff Strong
Strong Keepsake Images
19 Highland Ave
Vernon, CT 06066

www.StrongKeepsakeImages.com

email: jcstrong@snet.net
860-402-2811

Find me on FACEBOOK
Find me on TWITTER

In my high school we had to do a senior project in order to graduate. While I was in high school we got my dad's truck that he had when he was 16 fixed up and that had me wanting to tackle another project. So while I was a junior I found a 72 Dart and bought it to use as my senior project. I worked at a service station and saved up the money to use it on my car. Virtually every bit of it has been paid for by me (except for Christmas presents). It had the typical fender rust on it and the vinyl top had rusted out below the rear window. The trunk would have been in really bad shape, but someone took a pistol and shot a hole in the spare tire well. So far I have put disc brakes on it, 360/727/8.25, fixed all or the rust, and am working on saving money paint, and a new interior.

I am away at school right now, but I have them at home. I'll try to get them up when I get back home

Okay--here's a look into my Mopar Young Gun story. I bought my 1968 Plymouth Valiant in August of 2009--just a month before heading to college at the University of Minnesota. Interestingly, I first found my car on Craigslist as a potential vehicle option for a friend rather than for myself. He had money that was burning a huge hole in his pocket, and that money had old car written all over it. I sent the link to the Valiant to him on Facebook, but I could tell right away from talking to him that this wasn't quite the car he wanted so desperately. [He later went on to buy a 1970 Pontiac GTO... Cool, but not anything like our old Mopars!] As a lover of [mostly] all things Mopar myself (my dad and neighbor especially are big Mopar nuts), I couldn't help but visit and revisit the car's Craigslist posting. I knew my parents were planning to sell my mom's car and give her the Ford Focus I had been driving after I went away to school, so I realized that I was probably going to need to find my own car if I planned on going anywhere in the next couple of years. Consequently, I took the risk and emailed the owner of the Valiant to see if it was still available. To make a long story short, I scooped the up off a fellow Mopar guy who was in the process of moving to Hawaii. He had a couple other Pentastars that were way nicer than the Valiant, so I was happy to buy the Valiant off of him and save him the freighting costs for another vehicle.
As far as the car goes, it's a 63k original-mile 1968 Plymouth Valiant 100. The car was a Grandma's church transportation and grocery-getter in Missouri for decades, and it has the paint chips all over the deck lid edge from stowing a walker in and out of the trunk to prove it! The motor is a 225 Slant 6 with a 70s Super Six intake and carb kit on it. Putting the [little] power [and mostly torque] to the pavement are a 904 Torqueflite and a 2.76 geared 7.25 open rear. The car is extremely solid; I'm going to need a passenger front floorpan and some little patches on the tops and bottoms of my front fenders, but otherwise the car is pretty intact. Even my interior is beautiful minus my front bench seat!
I got some good stuff for the car from the guy that sold it to me, and I hope to be able to do some fun things with it all. Over my school's semester break I ditched ignition points and installed a 70s factory electronic ignition kit. With that completed, I'm thinking about tackling the really big piece that came with my car. Included in the sale of my Valiant was a vintage, never-used military-surplus Paxton Centrifugal Blower and a blow-through Stromberg carburetor. I'm seriously toying with the idea of installing a blower onto my Slant 6 and making it a truly buzzin' half-dozen.
In addition to doing that, I've got numerous other ideas for performance upgrades to do in the next couple of years before I finish school. I'm thinking a conversion to an A833 OD four speed, a big cam, and headers to name a few...
So this is my story thus far with my Valiant. I'll surely be more active in the forums in the coming spring and summer, but in the mean time I'm biding my time at school. Good thing home is only a half-hour away!

I have not seen any new young guns sign up in a bit and I am pretty sure there have been a few new comers to FABO recently so its worth a shot at bumping the thread to find out!

March has seen a couple new entries ... thanks for taking part newbies!

On the eve of the third drawing, I'm very sorry to have to report that last month's winner is still waiting to receive one of his prizes. Private messages sent to the donator are being ignored lately so this doesn't bode well for Ross.

I realize everyone has donated to this great cause out of the goodness of your hearts ....... but if you're going to offer to donate something, please do whatever needs to be done to make sure your donation gets into the hands of the Young Gun who wins it within a reasonable period of time. Some of these kids have to wait almost a year to find out if they won anything, so getting their prizes to them quickly will be appreciated on all counts.

Watch for the March 31 winner's announcement coming up!!!

Big congratulations go out to Mopardude318, James Paradiso of Gilroy, California, whose name was drawn this morning in the third installation of monthly Young Guns Contest winners.

James won the following prizes:

#4 - James' choice of rebuilt lower control arms with new bushings or a V8 centerlink donated by 65 Dartman, which I will be powder coating in James' choice of color;

#19 - A 1-year subscription to Mopar Muscle magazine donated by Small Block;

and

#27 - An 18" x 24" custom Show Board of his Dart donated by Jeff Strong of Strong Keepsake Images!

James' terrific story and lots of progress pics of his Dart can be found at Post #120. He's been a FABO member since January of 2005.

Please join me in congratulating James and thanking the wonderful people who donated.

FABO ROCKS!!! :-D

CONGRATS BUDDY.

I think that this was the right winner at the right time!!!!!!!!.

I know he has been having a rough couple of weeks and I think this is just the thing he needed to turn things around a bit and let him know that he is not as "un lucky" as he may have been feeling lately.

Now get back to work on your car! LOL

Thank you Leanna for all your hard, time consuming work, and everything you have done, and for providing us young guns with such a great opportunity! And I thank everyone else for donating prizes! It is greatly appreciated, I cannot type how I feel about this. This is just very cool, and I am grateful to have all you FABO members as friends. You all have helped me out a lot!

Allright Mopardude, congrats!!! That sounds like just the shot in the arm you needed!!! Nice prizes too, all to a very deserving member. Way to go, Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back