YOUNG GUNS! Sign In and WIN

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your donation Jeff!!! That will be a very nice prize for one of these entrants who have worked so hard on their ride. I'll get another Prize Package update done shortly ... look for it on the Help CudaChick thread.

DD72, although I appreciate the kind words, you should know that your chances of winning aren't increased by sucking up to the contest coordinator. :-D

Ya'll still have a couple weeks to get those stories and donations in! Right now, there are 44 confirmed entries and almost that many prizes ... this is gonna be GREAT!

Thanks again to everyone who has participated, donated or just been reading the young guns' stories. This would never have happened without all of you.

Jeffstrong, that IS a "Bad to the Bone" prize. I love to see those boards at shows, and any Young Gun should be proud to display their car with one of those great show boards. Very generous of you, and a great prize. Thanks for taking care of the Young Guns, they deserve it!!! Geof

I sure am happy to see so many folks jumping on board for the young guns :cheers:
Our young guns we have here will keep the MoPar spirit through out there live's :clock:
And it's the joy of giving help to the young guns that we may loos if there is not an impact of MoPar folks to let them know they are keeping the torch lit

Leanna is the MoperChick that deserves a Mopar Lady of the year award that she deserved for 7 years know .

Thank you Jeffstrong, You are the best of the best bud, Talent to spare =P~
X2 cosgig :cheers:

A bump for the weekenders ... there's still almost two full weeks left to post your story for the first drawing to be held January 31, 2010.

Check out the Help CudaChick thread for the latest Prize Package information!

Hi! My name is Manda and I'm 23.
I moved back to Oregon when i got a divorce and bought a subaru for $300. It was the worst thing i ever had. One day i went out to a buddy's house to see his old international and see what he called "The Valiart".I knew nothing about cars but it was love at first sight. He took me for a ride in the 64 dodge dart. Later that night i called my boyfriend and told him i had to have the car! Two weeks later he sold her to me for $600! She ran great for three months and her brakes went out and at the time i was only doing volunteer work. Once i got the money saved up for that, i had to rebuild the crab. I love my wagon but i can only do so much with my income. She is my daily driver and only car now. I work 40 hr a week as a delivery driver and i know thats bad on her in the state she is in (i.e new carb) But the way i see it the more i fix the more i get to learn. No matter how bad she gets ill keep this car for life!

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Hey there cosgig, the boards you have been seeing in the Michigan area I doubt are mine. No customers in that sate yet. Do have one in Wisconsin. And thanks to Leanna...the GREAT CudaChick!!, I now also have one in Hawaii (Aloha, Mike M.!) and one in Virginia. Most of my boards are in Southern California and New England. I now have one in Canada, as well.

906-jim-mcneil-sb-SBflat-1.jpg

Did you guys know I also do business cards and collages?

851-Ben-Giangiulio-VPBCproo-1.jpg

750-Sam-Magarinoflat.jpg

Thanks, Guys!

Jeff Strong

www.StrongKeepsakeImages.com
[email protected]
860-402-2811

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Hey there cosgig, the boards you have been seeing in the Michigan area I doubt are mine. No customers in that sate yet. Do have one in Wisconsin. And thanks to Leanna...the GREAT CudaChick!!, I now also have one in Hawaii (Aloha, Mike M.!) and one in Virginia. Most of my boards are in Southern California and New England. I now have one in Canada, as well.

Did you guys know I also do business cards and collages?

Thanks, Guys!

Jeff Strong

www.StrongKeepsakeImages.com
[email protected]
860-402-2811
You do some awesome work! definitely once I get my car(s) looking a little better, I'll talk to you about getting a board!

Well lets see. I have been a Mopar guy since the day I was born in 1993. One of the most memorable phrases in my early life was "Dad! Quit driving like a Pontiac!" It all started playing around with my uncle's 1969 Plymouth GTX. I played around with all of the classic Mopar muscle around our home in Indiana up until a month or so after I turned 13, when my (not biologically) uncle was able to obtain a 1971 Dart that was rotting away in a field a few miles from our house. I had to pester him for about a year to do so. Once I got my new love I started tearing into her. The car was way too far gone to have it ready for high school, so we got our hands on a 1988 Dodge Dakota that happened to be a rare special edition truck, which we built a 360 for and that's my current ride. I still have the Dart and plan to start working on it this summer... the bad part is my limited budget with the cost of insurance and fuel I don't have much cash at the end of the month to pour into my babies. As you can see below the Dart is kinda rough so all help that could be offered would be appreciated very much! I love to be a Mopar guy! There are quite a few classic Mopars in my local area, including a Satellite that went to SEMA in 2008 or 2009. Here are the plans for my Dart; I want to build a 340 (which I have) to make about 450 or so HP naturally aspirated and add a Paxton supercharger (like what was offered on the GSS Demons) with a Hemi four speed (also have) and a Strange S60 with a four link and coil over front suspension.... I do need some sheet metal parts for the project. I am going to teach myself how to weld so I can do the majority of this myself in the garage, and fabricate some patches, well what I can get by with making.

And also, I don't have a rear end.... PM me if you have a spare with springs laying around!

Pics
100_0073-1.jpg

100_0072.jpg

for more pictures and info, check out my thread in the restoration section:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=791716#post791716

As you all know, the January 31 drawing in the first ever Young Guns -- Sign In and Win contest is coming up very soon. I know you're all very excited! Us "Old Rifles" are excited for ya too.

My formal decision on prize distribution has now been made and will be presented shortly in the Help CudaChick thread.

In the meantime, I need to hear from the following entrants immediately:

1Bad360Duster
71dodge
DSTR 340
RPMLegends18
ryan426
shiifty_dart
zakimodo

Now don't get all excited if your user name is on this list ... you haven't won anything yet! I just need some more basic information from you -- probably your full real name LOL -- to complete my organization chart. (Hint: If you're seeing this after the January 31 drawing, I still need your info!)

I see a few of those listed in this post sent me emails from AOL screen names. Send me an instant message if you see CudaChic1968 on your buddy list so I can get the info I'm missing from you. Otherwise give me a call at 731-613-9192 between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. central time, or send me a PM with your phone number / best time to call and I'll call you.

You won't be disqualified if I don't hear from you, but it makes for a much better formal announcement and wider recognition when you win something.

I've reminded everyone several times throughout the contest to follow through with your emailed post link -- and though I haven't counted them (and won't), it still seems to me there's quite a few more stories posted than just 46. That's all the confirmed entries I have received so far in total: 41 registered Young Guns who were FABO members before October 22, 2009 who qualified for the January 31, 2010 drawing, and 5 who registered on FABO after October 22, 2009 who are now qualified for any future Young Guns Contest(s).

Once again, if you posted your story in the past and have never received a reply email from me at [email protected], please re-read the qualifying rules in my very first post and follow all the instructions! You went to all the trouble of typing up your story to share with everybody ... now take that last step and get your butt officially qualified so you can win something!!! :-D

Newbies and those living under rocks who have never heard about this contest :-\", you have until January 30 to get your story posted or donate something to the Prize Package!

this sounds fun!

Im 18 btw

I can remember being 5 years old and my uncle would babysit my sister n i. hed come by the house round 5ish in his sleek 73 Charger. man a great car! hes, technically, the original owner. guy who orderd it sold it after about 5,000 miles...heck my uncle bought it in 73! anyway, i love that car more than any camaro or mustang or wut ever. but for the most part, his charger sat in my grandparent garage! after @% years of daily driver service< he pretty much parkd it. well last year i convinced him to let me drive it =) then got him to enter some shows! now, i drive my very own mopar! my 70 swinger. one day i hope to get that charger. but i love my a-body. my girlfriend immediatly called it Sally the Swinger. the name stuck weith the car and now im stuck with it to! totally ok with that! everytime i get behind the wheel, its a throw back to my 5year old self. now im entering shows with my uncle. he drives the "one owner" excellent condition b-body, i drive the project a-body. eventually theyll both be show winners, but in my eyes, they already are:-D.

my future plans for my 70 swinger is gonna be a bit of a challenger, im not terribly mechanically inclined, but i plan to go to college for that. im going to do a complete flip on my dart. new carpet, headliner, dashpad are needed for the interior. im gonna take out the front bench in favor of buckets and a console shifter automatic. new Tuff steeing wheel to be installed. gonna swap out my 225 /6 for a 340 or more likely 360 v8 4 barrel. gonna ad the dual hood scoops(and cut the hood so they function!). then to finish it ill lay down a new color. out with the idkwtf it is yellow for....plum crazy purple? not sure yet. but with the new paint, ill ad a new vinyl top and black bumblebee stripe on the trunk. by the end of my light resto-modding, "Sally" will be an awesome daily driver cruiser. sure itll run 13's in the 1/4 mile, but thats jus cuz im 18 haha. the thing i love most about driving my Mopar is the compliments. even in its less aesthetically pleasing appearance(bondo, primer and rust on various parts of the body...minor rust) people still tell me "wow wut an awesome old car you got!"

its an exciting feeling to hop in my old 70 swinger and think...just 6 years and youll be perfect!....well...i can only hope anyway!

Here in northwest Tennessee we're expecting the worst winter storm the area has seen in several years ... ice up to a half inch and then snow and sleet on top of it. If by some chance I don't have power on January 31, I'll still do the drawing as planned but the announcement of the first winner may be a bit delayed. Just wanted ya'll to know in advance -- believe me, I couldn't forget about this! :-D I'll get it posted as soon as I can.

This is my final reminder that there's still two days left to get those last-minute stories and prize donations in!!! Even if you're a new FABO member, following all the instructions will get you qualified for the February - September drawings, so don't hesitate to post yours.

Hi my name is Barron I am 16.
I was looking for an old car to buy (when I was 15) and fix up to drive to school. I found my first '74 Scamp for $900. We looked at it and decided to get it pretty quick. We bought it and decided to pick it up the next day. We came back (about a half hour drive) with a trailer. My dad forgot the keys and had to go back and get them and drive back in heavy traffic.
Well when we got it home we got it to start up pretty fast. Then my dad decided we should pull the engine and fully rebuild it. We got the engine out. But then I hit a speed bump, I spent all my time over the summer conditioning for water polo. Sucks for me I never finished the car.
Well then I turned 16 and needed something to drive. What did I do? Of course I got another '74 Scamp. This one running for $2800. It has horrible wiring problems. The blinkers do not work. The cabin lights don't work. The instrument panel does not work. The car does not start (just recently I drove it to school once) and it is not the starter.

So that brings it up to this point.

get-attachment-5.jpg

Engine.jpg

Blue '74 Scamp.jpg

225 Slant Six.jpg

That's it Leanna.......we wont tolerate any delays.....your fired ....HAHA ( Just Kidding ).

I am sure if something like that happens none of us will have any problems waiting a bit longer....just be safe.

Here in MI it seems like every winter everyone forgets how to drive in snow like they didnt do it every year prior to and they all want to drive 10 miles an hour.....where I have seen places that don't get hit with snow quite as much where people drive 60mph and don't drive safe......so keep it at a happy medium lol.

ok.....back to the young guns topic (sorry for talking about the weather lol)

That's it Leanna.......we wont tolerate any delays.....your fired ....HAHA ( Just Kidding ).

Oh man that was funny!!! :-D Thanks for making my day!

There have been a couple more last-minute entries. Anybody else? Today is the last day to contribute a story or a donation and the FIRST DRAWING IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if the kids or me are more excited right now. LOL

I want to take this last opportunity to wish all of the entrants good luck and to thank all of you once again for participating. I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you ... not just because you posted your stories but because of all the obvious hard work you've done on your cars so far and will continue to do throughout your lives. All of you are our future. Without you Young Guns and Young Huns to carry it forward, this hobby / way of life will die a slow and painful death. Thanks for being the ones to keep it going. You have my admiration and unending support.

TODAY IS THE DAY EVERYONE!!!!........ A lucky few of us may be the winner of some great prizes donated by some great people and put on by one heck of a gal (thanks Leanna).... I would like to say that I wish you all luck in winning.

Those who wish to donate something to the contest who did not yet get the chance to do so......I am sure leanna would allow some last minute entries just so long as you do so before she announces the winners.... if not then you can always donate to the next drawing!.

The young guns who catch this and who have not yet entered the contest.....hope is not lost for you either as you can enter for the next drawing.

Just wanted to put out a couple quick reminders before the drawing happens .... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

The January 31 drawing has now been held!

Congratulations go out to DARTGIRL66, Wendy Cannaday of Poplar Bluff, Missouri!!!!!!!!

Wendy is going to enjoy the following fabulous prizes:

#5 -- Mac Tools 29-piece screwdriver/bit set donated by ToolmanMike
#10 -- Lightweight master cylinder, AR Engineering billet adapter
and heat shield donated by a member who prefers to remain anonymous
#23 -- Rebuilt door hinges donated by res1vw21

Wendy joined FABO in August of 2008. Her story is shared at Post #63.

Please join me in congratulating Wendy as the inaugural winner in the very first Young Guns -- Sign In and Win Contest! Way to go DartGirl66!!! :-D

congrats!!!.

Leanna, I am not sure if I am the only one but I was under the impression that there was going to be 9 winners and 3 prize's per winner?

I looked at the other contest thread and it tripped me up because some of it sounds like 1 winner today where some of it sounds like 9 winners today.

I just didnt know if I missed something and if I was the only one who did or not lol.

anyhow, congrats dartgirl

Congradulations Dartgirl and a Hat's off to leanna for a job well done :cheers:

congrats!!!.

Leanna, I am not sure if I am the only one but I was under the impression that there was going to be 9 winners and 3 prize's per winner?

I looked at the other contest thread and it tripped me up because some of it sounds like 1 winner today where some of it sounds like 9 winners today.

I just didnt know if I missed something and if I was the only one who did or not lol.

anyhow, congrats dartgirl

Just to clarify: There will be a total of 9 winners of 3 prizes each. One name and three prize numbers will be drawn on the last day of each month starting today and ending on September 30, 2010 or until all prizes have been awarded.

This is the post with all the details on prize disbursement: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=792231&postcount=146

Thanks for your post DD72! If you had questions, I'm sure others did too.

Congrats Wendy! all of those prizes are almost nescessary in a build in my opinion, so you definatly lucked out!

thanks for throwing the contest Leanna! and thanks to all who donated! definatly a lot of helpful and worthwhile prizes to be won!

Congratulations Dartgirl! A job well done Leanna,give yourself a pat on the back and sit down and have a chocolate milk and then..........................

GET BACK TO WORK !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back