Young guns-sign in contest 2011

-

Project 65

Reaction score
Going to continue Leanna's great idea for young guns contest.Still in planning stage.This is what I have so far.Contest to run Oct.01-Nov.30 with ALL drawings to be held Dec.01.Winners names wll be posted that day and all gifts will be sent to winners to be received in time for Christmas.Gifts so far consist of (5) FABO t-shirts(on order),(3) Gold memberships,(2) $50.00 and (1) $100.00.Will be asking for both donations and input from other members.Will post more info as it becomes available.Thx.

Hopefully the 73 340 duster will be done by then, its close. I'm 17 and almost positive it will be my driver to school on nice days and so far there is no name on the title so mine could very easily fill that spot haha.

Donations have started to come in.Thank you Cudachick1968 for your generous donation of a $100 gift certificate from Phoenix Specialty Coatings(toward labor and any in-stock powder color of winners choice)!

Thx. Joeychgo who is sending me 4 FABO t-shirts that will be added to the 5 FABO t-shirts to be given out!
Will try to have contest rules posted this weekend.Looking forward to Oct. 01 to read stories from the young members!!! For the older members, maybe 2012 will be our year for this type of contest.

It's an honor to help support your contest Peter!

I wish I was in a position to do more this time around, but with the April tornado and damage to my shop (when I was already behind to start with), the rebuilding delays didn't help my cause at all. I just don't have the time to run it ... but I'll be here to help you behind the scenes if you need it. :-D

This is the first time I heard of this and I think you are awesome for reaching out to the youngsters it inspires us and helps are projects get on the road faster...... Thank you guys for carring about are generation even though its not like it used to be like back in the day...... I'm 20 years old I hope I make it in the contest lol

I am a young gun and i would like to donate to my peers a Hemi Hood Scoop to whom ever wins its black gel coated and ready for isntall

and if they dont want to cut their hood, i will donate another a-body/ small block part of their choice outa my stockpile.

Thx.Devil Dog STL for your donation! Sorry about your Dart, it's good to hear that you have another on the way.

(1) $100.00 gift certificate from Phoenix Specialty Coatings
(2) 2011 FABO t-shirts (lg.)-from Joeychgo
(2) 2011 Fabo t-shirts (xlg.)-from Joeychgo
(1) Hemi Hood Scoop from Devil God STL
(3) Gold Memberships
(5) 2011 Fabo t-shirts(med.)
(2) $50.00
(1) $100.00
More to come....

Sorry should have been Devil Dog STL not Devil God STL-got side tracked for a sec. watching race-duh!

2011 YOUNG GUNS-SIGN-IN CONTEST
How to enter:

For our *EXISTING* FABO members who are 25 and younger on or before

October 01, 2011, tell us your Mopar "STORY" below as a reply to this

thread. It can be as long or as short as you wish and include whatever

you want to share ... about you, your car, your restoration efforts to

date, what your plans are for its future, etc. The story does NOT have

to be about your A Body but keeping it Mopar-oriented would be

preferred since that's why we're all here.

Once you have replied to this thread with your story, click on the

Post # on the upper right hand side of your post. When it opens, copy

the link that appears in your browser [for example, the link

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...75&postcount=1
will bring up my opening post in this thread]. Send that link in an

email to:

[email protected]

All entrants names will be kept in a container and only one entry per

person will be allowed. We gotta keep it fair ... We don't want to see

the same story attached to five different user names!!!

On December 01 2011 ALL winners will be drawn at random from ALL

entrants who emailed the link to their post to me on or before

November 30th. 2011. The winners will be notified by email and/or

Private Message through FABO.

Thanks for reading! Now let's see some STORIES!

** Entrants must have been a registered FABO member on or before

October 01 2011 to qualify for the November 30 th. drawing and have 25

or more on-point posts to your credit.

** Vendors / members who want to donate to the Goodie Box, please send

a description of the offer to me directly at [email protected] so as

to keep non-Young Gun Stories and chatter to a minimum in this thread.

It should be about them!!! Since I'm not sure what kind of response

this is going to get,donation / item shipping details will have to be

worked out later. (Trying to keep expenses to a minimum for all

involved.)

"Special Thank You"" to CudaChic1968 for a great idea and the

countless hours you spent starting this contest.This and the Young

Guns stories inspired me try it again this year.

2011 YOUNG GUNS-SIGN-IN CONTEST

How to enter:

For our *EXISTING* FABO members who are 25 and younger on or before

October 01, 2011, tell us your Mopar "STORY" below as a reply to this

thread. It can be as long or as short as you wish and include whatever

you want to share ... about you, your car, your restoration efforts to

date, what your plans are for its future, etc. The story does NOT have

to be about your A Body but keeping it Mopar-oriented would be

preferred since that's why we're all here.

Once you have replied to this thread with your story, click on the

Post # on the upper right hand side of your post. When it opens, copy

the link that appears in your browser [for example, the link

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...75&postcount=1
will bring up my opening post in this thread]. Send that link in an

email to:

[email protected]

All entrants names will be kept in a container and only one entry per

person will be allowed. We gotta keep it fair ... We don't want to see

the same story attached to five different user names!!!

On December 01 2011 ALL winners will be drawn at random from ALL

entrants who emailed the link to their post to me on or before

November 30th. 2011. The winners will be notified by email and/or

Private Message through FABO.

Thanks for reading! Now let's see some STORIES!

** Entrants must have been a registered FABO member on or before

October 01 2011 to qualify for the November 30 th. drawing and have 25

or more on-point posts to your credit.

** Vendors / members who want to donate to the Goodie Box, please send

a description of the offer to me directly at [email protected] so as

to keep non-Young Gun Stories and chatter to a minimum in this thread.

It should be about them!!! Since I'm not sure what kind of response

this is going to get,donation / item shipping details will have to be

worked out later. (Trying to keep expenses to a minimum for all

involved.)

"Special Thank You"" to CudaChic1968 for a great idea and the

countless hours you spent starting this contest.This and the Young

Guns stories inspired me try it again this year.

So would it make more sense for me to enter now as the car is incomplete and in the final stages of getting primer. Im almost positive it will have paint before November.

My story starts with something that was a pre-mopar. When I was 15 I got interested in WWII reenacting. My unit never had a vehicle so I made it my mission to get a jeep. I searched around for a few months before finding a 1946 Cj-2a near me that would make a perfect Mb clone. So I started off the mild restoration of this Willys with my father in September of 2007, I had it to its first event in January of 2008. It still needed a lot more to be totally correct.

The Willys that I named Ruthy after my grandmother was a rolling restoration for the next 2 years. Last summer she got a rebuilt motor that I built and installed myself. Latter in 2008 I picked up a 1945 Bantam T-3 trailer to pull be hind Ruthy. That restoration was finished in the spring of 2010 just before I graduated high school. My father and I enjoy taking it to local car shows and reenactments and the share the rich history of the jeep.

My dad kept telling me stories about the 67 Formula S that he bought brand new when he returned from Vietnam. Hearing all of these stories got me hooked, I became quiet the Mopar fan very fast. It wasn't long before I started looking for a fish like my dads. I was on ebay every night and my dad noticed and I think he loved the idea of having another cuda. In 2009 I found a 68 notchback not too far away for a decent price on ebay. My dad and I bid and he was surprised that we won the car for $1600. Its was missing its drive train and most of the interior but it was a good start.

About two years later the barracuda is still a work in progress or what I like to call a money hole. I am currently enrolled in Wyotech at their pa campus. Im taking the Collision and Refinishing course as my main study and after that I will be taking Street Rod and Custom Fabrication. The school campus is 5 hours away from home so I really miss my Willys and my Mopar. My goal after I get out of school is to get in the restoration and street rod business and maybe open a shop of my own. Well thats my story to date.

Ill drop my little side story in here as well.

My love for cars started at an early age, beginning at the age of 5 when I was crawling around the bed frame of my grandpas 1949 Chevy step side truck. I wasn't paying attention and had slipped cutting my upper foot on something sharp. as I was sitting there getting patched up I asked my grandpa what it was that had cut me, he told me it was a break line that had been cut off I asked him why it wasn't just taken off and he said that it was important, so i asked him why and as he explained it to me I became hooked on everything cars and still have a scar to this day. Most children wanted GI Joe's and such at that age but one of my favorite toys was the steering wheel from a 1978 Camaro that my mother had owned, that and my few hot wheels that I had collected; a collection that now is in the 4000 car range at the age of 22. I was picking out my car for high school when I was 10, my eyes immediately pouring over anything 71 GTX. Unfortunately as time progressed I found hat a car like that was way out of reach for me and that a more attainable car was needed, so I chose my sisters old 1995 Pontiac grand am. That car was the beginning of my love for fabricating, choosing to swap the rear bench for buckets and to completely redo the engine bay. It has always been my dream to have a show car, my inspiration coming from the several 1st place winners that my grandpa has built as well as my grandmas GNX. Obviously my love for mopars was at an early age but I finally had the opportunity to own my first MOPAR a 1993 Dodge Daytona 2.2 turbo. I had plans to do a frame job and possibly a small block conversion but I ended up trading it instead. a few years and several cars later I had obtained a 1979 280zx and had owned it for several months. One night while I was driving I was pulled over by an officer, he asked me if I knew why he had pulled me over and I knew I hadn't been speeding. He wanted to know if I did any trading and if I was into muscle cars? I had never really owned one before so I agreed to take a look at what he had, so I went to the police station and there she was sitting under a streetlight, the 1975 Dodge Dart swinger that the next day would be mine. We made the trade and I haven't looked back since. This vehicle will be the crowning achievement for my younger year building, sure there will always be the chances of other builds in my future but this will always be my first muscle car. Its not going to be crazy fast it will be a cruiser, something that looks good at the light but can stand its ground if provoked.

-
Back