Your favorite tool....

-
My dewalt cordless grinder. Should have got one years ago.

One of these?
Just got one, myself.
Probably won't use it that often, but glad to have it around, when i do.
Good tool.

DeWalt Grinder 001 (Small).JPG

My twelve lb 40 year old mini sledge hammer. Fixed carbs, starters, dents, and that fuel pump on a 05 Dodge Ram 1500 that thought it was going to leave me stranded the other day. Can't beat the functionality of it. Does everything from anger management to giving love taps to my beloved cars.

One of these?
Just got one, myself.
Probably won't use it that often, but glad to have it around, when i do.
Good tool.

View attachment 1715096507
Think mine is the 18 volt,perhaps 20 volt. Had it in my hand today. For a laugh i stuck the resonator from a 2014 silverado onto a 69 ford 390. Grinder made it easy. Gave it a nice tone. So its staying.

Bridgeport J head and old 12 inch craftsman lathe. I also have one of those old Makita 4 inch grinders that wont die

The new ratcheting screw guns have shot up the list in the last couple years, as has the "multi-tool"! You also can't beat a battery powered recip saw! I find myself using these a lot, never seen another pair like em, but they sure do come in handy...a lot!!

IMG_3968.JPG

IMG_3970.JPG

Then theres my cordless impact,will get close to 100 ft-lbs on a charged battery. I use it a lot. But i use everythjng a lot, as im in shop 7 days/week.

Well you asked for it so...

My favorite tool is always with me, always within easy reach. Can be used left handed, right handed, or sometimes both, I can even use it no-handed but that requires a willing assistant. It's a 6" model made in America in 1960. I've been beating on it for 40 years, damn thing won't die.

The new ratcheting screw guns have shot up the list in the last couple years, as has the "multi-tool"! You also can't beat a battery powered recip saw! I find myself using these a lot, never seen another pair like em, but they sure do come in handy...a lot!!

View attachment 1715096930

View attachment 1715096931
Those are electrical end cutters. Electricians use them to snip wires inside electrical boxes. The work great to get under those rusted u joint clips. Squeeze, twist, and out they come. I see yours are Kline brand who makes many high quality electrical tools. Those are also made by Channellock #748.

My favorite tool is always with me, always within easy reach. Can be used left handed, right handed, or sometimes both, I can even use it no-handed but that requires a willing assistant. It's a 6" model made in America in 1960. I've been beating on it for 40 years, damn thing won't die.
---------LOL

Funny, something you use every day but forget its even there.
Its with me all the time.
My leatherman. On my belt, ready when i need it. Fourth one.
I miss my file and locking blades. Might have to send old one out to get fixed.

My most used tools when I’m fabbing up stuff is a disc/belt sander.
Next would be my gearwrenches

Your all wrong it is "Your Brain"!

It knows what that best man made tool to use is!

Last edited:

Ah yes, the trusty Goo Gun. Getting more efficient each year, can now do in 10 seconds what used to take all night.

Your all wrong it is "Your Brain"!

It knows what that best man maid tool to use is!
Damn, You beat Me to it!! I ask the Young Techs "whats the best tool You've got?", then I hit 'em with just that, 'cause it's the truth.
51opZ0bdSSL.jpg

Thorson(?) 9/16-1/2 combo double box end, long. grabbed it out of dads tool box for all the hot BMX bikes I was chopping up as a punk kid and never gave it back. I still got it!

-
Back