Your First Car

-
My first was a '64 International Scout that I got in trade for a Hummingbird depth finder and a 12v Motor Guide trolling motor.

jeep.jpg
My first car was this 85 cherokee my dad got me for my 18th birthday. Was totaled where it was parked, then the insurance money got me a 95 grand cherokee. That thing was a pile and constantly broke down. Traded it for a 95 chrysler lebaron that we still have in the garage and I saved money for about a year to buy my 68 dart =]

First car was a 1970 chevelle malibu 307 and a powerglide A/C 54K miles paid 1000.00 of my own hard earned bucks way back in 1988. my little brother owns that car now... wish I did

My first was a 69 Dart Custom 318 with a 2 barrel and 7.25 rear, second car was a 69 340 Swinger column auto. I've had about ten other Darts besides those two. My Dad bought the Custom when he was stationed at Blytheville AFB in Arkansas in 1977, gave it to me in 1978. I bought the 340 Swinger in 1981 for $1000. Check out the 8-track tape stuck in the player! :p

Attachments

• 69Custom1a.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 69Swinger340a.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 69Swinger340d.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 69Swinger340ea.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 240
First was a 1988 Dodge Aries K car ;) I bought it for $900, put about 300K on it, took it off jumps, drove it through swamps, got laid plenty of times, etc etc etc. Sold it a few years later for $800!! Don't know how I pulled that one off. The guy who bought it apparently collected K cars.
Then my cousin bought a 72 Gold Duster, and my grandparents gave me a super rusted out 62 Dart 330 4 door. I looked up pictures of more Darts, and decided 70 was my favorite. I then searched all the car listings, and found a 70 Dart Custom. Paid $2000 for it. Still have it.
Then a 1992 Mazda B2200, blew the head gasket within a week, sold it a week later for half of what I paid for it.
Then a 1985 Dodge Ram 100, /6 auto. Bright yellow. Lost compression about a year after owning it, and sold it to the auto wrecker for $400.
Bought a 1996 Ford F150, 302 5 speed, drove it for a couple years, its now for sale.
Then a 1965 Plymouth Valiant, and a 65 Fargo Power Wagon, a 66 Dodge Power Wagon, a 70 Duster for $100, and just inherited a 76 Ford Highboy.

First car.

Attachments

• 100_1190.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 259
First Mopar.

Attachments

• 100_1191.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 243
my dad had a 69 dart 340 391s gear i was 16
i wanted that car so bad it did not happen
1965 chevy2 was my 1st car thats why i like the 65 darts so much

My first car was a 1972 Dart Swinger ( LH23G2B307811 , in case anyone's got it :-D ) which I bought in August 1989 , for $800 .
At that time , eight hundred was a bit to pay for a post-1970 Dart , but this thing was Clean ( I bought it off of its original owner ) , and best of all ...

... it was factory EV2 Hemi Orange ! It has E2XW interior
( white bench seat with black accents ) , AM radio , 318 / 904 , outside right-hand ( pass side ) mirror , A/C , power disc brakes , power steering , etc. , etc.

I had to remove the factory white vinyl top as there was Rust under the rear window ; I repaired the rotted areas
( yes , California cars DO rust ! ) , stripped the crappy factory "finish" ( HA! ) off of the roof , and prepped and rattle can painted the roof in gloss white.

The 904 took a huge dump in '91 , so I had a friend-of-a-friend rebuild it . I insisted on having a shift-improver put in ( I despise soft , granny-shifting automatics :angry7: ! ) , to which he obliged ; it was my first experience with Trans-Go , and I haven't looked back !

California required any and all 1966 & newer cars be run through their anal smog check programme , prior to 01/01/1998 , so when I wanted to hot rod the 318 , I had to consider the EEC canister , thermostatic air cleaner , and cam specs .

It got a 360 two barrel top end ( heads and intake ) , a carb from a 1972 400 2Bbl ( for its vacuum porting and EEC provisions ) , and a 340 cam ; headers with a heat riser tube welded on the driver's side ( to run the tube to the air cleaner's snorkel ) ; double roller timing , h.v. oil pump ; 340-style dual exhaust ( with turn down tips ) .
Really woke that 318 up , and passed CA's white glove emissions testing .

That piece-of-crap 7.25" diff let go ( small surprise , huh ? ) , so I hit the local self-serve yard and scored a complete 8.25" from a 1974 Duster 360 ( 3.21's / Sure Grip ) . A 1975 Coronet wagon gave up its 15x7" steel wheels ; and a 1973 Valiant sedan donated its superior disc brake setup ( those stock 4 piston K-H brakes on my Dart were trouble prone and expensive !!! Not to mention that stupid 5x4" bolt circle pattern !!! ) .

Unfortunately I had to sell the car back in 1999 . I had some absurd medical bills to cover ; the car wasn't running at that point anyhow ( some electrical gremlin that I couldn't afford to trace & fix :angry7: ) , so it went to a loving home .

First car was a 71 Scamp,/6 auto . changed to 318 shortly after getting it. Had it till i wrapped it around the rear bumper of a Ford pick up . I learned to drive in my dads 66 Jeep pick up with a vigilante 327 with a 3 on the tree.

My first car was a '70 Duster with a /6 3 speed on the floor. I worked my *** off in nurseries for 3 years saving up money to pay $2700 cash for it. 2 years later after high school graduation I traded the /6 plus $1400 for a new '72 Duster with a 318 with a 3 speed floor shift. Well guess what my wife and kids got me for Christmas last year....a '72 Duster with a /6, but............with a 318 basket case in the trunk. Rebuilt engine is installed.......

My 1st car is (still have it) a 1963 plymout valiant 4 door sedan V200 pushbutton automatic slant 6 225, I have had it now for 2 years and I am still working on restoring it. My 2nd car was (sold it I am to tall for it) a 63 Ford Falcon Futera convertable, followed by the VW buggy granps and I am working on. My 4th car is another 63 valiant 4 door sedan that had a slant 6 225 and is a parts car. Man I really like that Valiant... ::)

My first car was a '74 Olds Delta 88 Royale. My love of Mopars came from our neighbors when I was a kid. It was the old but true Viet Nam story. Their son got a brand new 71 Charger R/T. He lost his legs from the knee down and couldn't drive it anymore. It was plum crazy with flat black stripe package. It had a 4 spd. pistol grip and ET slots. He lived out of state but left the car at his parents. Every July 4th his dad would pull it out of the garage and he would go around the car in his wheelchair and wipe it down and then his dad would drive him around town a few laps and pull it back in. His parents both passed on a few yrs. ago and I believe the car was brought home to I beleive Cal.

my first car was a 74 duster (my avatar pic was taken the day i got her in san francisco) got her in 2006 for my 16th birthday for $1200 with an 360 727 8 3/4 rear and immaculate custom leather interior. have it to this day going on year number 5 and is under going a heart transplant 410 stroker with a 4speed.and new coat of paint

My first car was a 47 Willys Sedan Delivery that I bought from a farmer for $50 that had sat in a field for 30 years. Engine was rusted solid, as well as the tranny, but it was unique in that it didn't have any windows in the back. Spent that summer putting in a 283 and 4 speed, still get chills remembering firing it up the first time and the smile I must have had when it moved under it's own power. Guess I should have checked the gearing since the top speed at 5000 rpm was a whopping 48 miles an hour, but I could hook on to anything and pull it all day long. It was a blast to drive, just impratical to drive on the highway.

I've always loved Mopars, had a 71 challenger that I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of. My grandfather drove Dodge trucks and AMC cars, still have his 78 truck in a barn, my dad drove Dodges, various vans and trucks when I was growing up. I've always been impressed with the abuse I put 318s through and they kept running.

Also had a couple of Aspens and Volares, and a Monaco. Wish I still had one of my Aspens that I put a 383 in, and a Volare that had a warmed up 360 in. I got turned off Mopars with an Intrepid, great engine, lousy car so went to imports, but trying to get back into older Mopars. I'm hoping my mom's 72 Dart Swinger is still on her old farm, I would love to drag that home and build it up, partly for it being a Dart Swinger, and partly since she's been gone 5 years now and it would be cool to have that piece of her around. I think my son picked a Duster to build to be different from his friends that have Chevelles and Mustangs.

For as long as I can remember there was always more than one mopar in the yard that I would claim as mine. My first started as a78 Nova that I traded for a 67 barracuda!! Then purchased a 73 Satellite for the motor and tranny. Sad thing is I never got to finish it. Helped finish up Dads 52 Chevy pickup and drove it my first year..

1962 Plymouth Valiant with a 61 Lancer front end and trunk lid. 225 with spark-o-matic 3 speed floor shift conversion! Long gone!

mine was a 1969 ford f250 i bought for $200 it had a 390 in it and an 8ft bed dual fuel tanks. that truck was a beast.... i miss it dearly

65 Chevy II six banger, purchased for 175.00. Furry red seat covers, 14inch Superior slots on it,HiJackers ,CalCustom Air cleaner. I thought it was the cats *** until I got my 71 SuperBee (800.00). I have to admit the little Chev was a tank.

Attachments

• cars2_0001.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 271
1960 Rambler American 2dr wagon w/ flathead 6 & 3 on the......somewhere near the tree, paid $50 for it and OH do I wish I had now. Then 61 Falcon wagon, 57 Ford ( BIG mistake), then hanging with friends who had Mopars, 66 Dart, 62 Dart, 61 Lancer; so I got my first Mopar---- 64 Savoy 2dr post /6, 3 on tree.

-
Back