Status
Not open for further replies.

valis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello.

I was looking at this VALIANT today. The guy wants $2,000.00. I got him down to $1,500. What do you think?

For Sale: 1972 Plymouth Valiant, VIN# VL41C2R323258
Asking Price: $2,000.00. / Best offer
Odometer: 96436 (at time of this printing)
Engine: Slant 6 cylinder
Transmission: Automatic

The following were replaced on this vehicle in the last year and I have receipts for all: Battery, Headlights, Headlight Switch, Brake Light Switch, Main Fuse Block and Fuses, Instrument Panel Bulbs, Brake Light Bulbs, Side Marker Bulbs, Front Brake Shoes, Air Filter, Spark Plugs, Oil and Oil Filter, Transmission Filter and Fluid, Rear Axle Oil, Accelerator Pump Plunger, Pinion Gear on Distributor, Wiper Blades, Hub Cap.

Has a bit of rust behind one wheel and varous little bubbles here and there. Paint job is kind of cheapo, original was bronze as you can see in the pics.

Drove very nice though.

What do you think?

Thanks,

VALIS

72valmainview.jpg

72valengine.jpg

27valfrontseat.jpg

72valbackseat.jpg

72valtrunk.jpg

72valtire.jpg

$800-1000 seems more like it if you really want it. its a 4 door with crappy paint and not very desireable

What do you want it for? Is it gonna be a beater or what? I agree 800.00 to 1000.00 is plenty. It is not worth more than 3500.00 if it was mint. You'll have more than that in it if you restore it.

That's a $700 beater that you can drive while you work on your real car.

Bought a 73 this summer for 1500. Mine is a 3 owner 50 thousand mile car orig paint car. I just could not resist because the paint matches my scamp. The car you are looking at honestly 800 to 1000 with the paint job.

great car for driving to work in the ghetto everyday. no worry of anyone stealing it. theres better cars out there.keep looking

Wow, I see there's plenty of "Camaro" attitude even among A body guys. It's up to you- if you like 4 doors (which you must by your avatar), the car is mechanically sound, and you can live with the price, BUY IT. Screw what the "value" is and what other people say. It's not their car. Value is crap anyway- 99% of the time even cool 2 door guys loose money when they sell their cars.

Agreed with the above. You gotta like the car. Pricey IMO.

I would be kinda scared of what's hiding under that trailer paint. Plus all the stuff you have listed tht has been replaced don't add value to the car. That **** should be in good working order to sell a car. There can't be 50 bucks worth off stuff on the list of replaced parts. I would offer him 700 and if he says no then walk---or refer him here so we can explain why the car really isnt worth what he is asking. But,,, if you like the car get it. In the end all that matters is that you like it and are happy with the price. I have drug **** home that I knew was junk and probably over-paid but I just had to have it.

$700...then shop for a $700 big block...cut up a truck rearend and make your money back prowling the streets!!

It is all in what you like and want... If this is the car you want and the price seems fair to you then buy it. I you want to own a Mopar to fix up and take to local cruises then I would go for a 2 door. Just my thoughts...

if you want it buy it its all about if you like it or not

I would jump on it here in the NE. But I like 4 doors for daily driving. Lots of kids, lots of sports equipment, lots of musical instruments. My daughter drives her 4 door 63 to HS along with 2 passangers. I've been enjoying grandma mopars for over 20 years, cheap to run, maintain, roomy. Not everybody needs or wants a hotrod.

Wow, I see there's plenty of "Camaro" attitude even among A body guys. It's up to you- if you like 4 doors (which you must by your avatar), the car is mechanically sound, and you can live with the price, BUY IT. Screw what the "value" is and what other people say. It's not their car. Value is crap anyway- 99% of the time even cool 2 door guys loose money when they sell their cars.

did we just get punked

if your looking for a car i might sell mine, 73 scamp with 70 duster front clip(basically a 72 scamp) 225/6, auto, sbp drums, 14" mags, 40 series flowmaster, new XHD springs, autometer "mopar" guages, runs good

the bad(cause i like to be honest)-
needs front suspension rebuild with t-bars
vynil top has been ripped up to expose surface rust on rear sail panel. otherwise this car is pretty much rust free and straight, no cancer at all.

$2000 obo, can provide pics later when i get home if you want?

Hey Everyone.

First of all I asked for opinions and boy did I get em! I really appreciate them all. This is a great site lots of guys who love mopars that is for sure!

Yes, I do like 4 doors. For whatever reason always have. I want a daily driver that I can fix up over time. I like to put things back to stock when I can. I like the square look of the 72 but I don't know if want to spend more then 1000 on this particular car. There is a 73 duster I also have my eye on right now. I think I might check that out and take my time. Not as square in the front but I think it has the original paint on it.

Thanks again! Maybe I will post the duster on here after I go check it out.

VALIS

if your looking for a car i might sell mine, 73 scamp with 70 duster front clip(basically a 72 scamp) 225/6, auto, sbp drums, 14" mags, 40 series flowmaster, new XHD springs, autometer "mopar" guages, runs good

the bad(cause i like to be honest)-
needs front suspension rebuild with t-bars
vynil top has been ripped up to expose surface rust on rear sail panel. otherwise this car is pretty much rust free and straight, no cancer at all.

$2000 obo, can provide pics later when i get home if you want?

I have never done front end work so I try to stay away from that. But sure if you want to post some pics.

Thanks

Van

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back