Your opinon on 72 Plymouth VALIANT $2000.00

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he asked for "opinions", I'm not sure why some are so edgy about the responses. Here's one that will twist some up.

That car is a pile of crap for $2000 and I wouldn't pay $500 for it.

Have a great day! :cheers:

Where are you at in Washington?

I'd offer 1k......

Yeah, 1k is what I offered and what I was willing to pay before I read all of your comments :). He came down to 1500

I am up in the Stanwood area.

-VALIS

Just wait it out,the deals are out there....don't get impatiant, I picked my 72 duster with a ton of cool stuff done to it and very solid...great project car, $500.00 !!! ......don't go spending that kind of cash on a car that will not pay for itself in the end....I have been buying,selling,restoring and trading cars for a long time and I have made alot of money at it and had alot of desirable cars because of that also.....you should look for a good car that needs some things that is cheap and that other people would want......put minimal money into it and alot of time and efforty into it and then turn profit......I start with cheap stuff and trade it until I get something nice......a few years back,I bought a car,sold it for more,bought another one sold it for more,bought anotherone and sold it for more,bought another one.....tossed a new paint job on it and did some spiffing up here and there and then traded it for a $20,000.00 mint condition mustang mach1 and then I sold that to a car dealer buddy of mine.....if profit is something you want to do then do just liek I mentioned....I turned $300.00 into $20,000.00 ,I know I know lol....sounds liek an infomercial but I am not BSing here.....it took me about a year...not quite ....to do the buying and swapping and trading before I got to the point I had a nice enough vehicle that someone wanted to trade an old classic car for before I made profit....but the point is.....it can be done.....or if your not looking to make profit then fine, but I still think you can find a better deal on a different car.....whatever you do decide to do,good luck!

Well. Got an email from the 72 Valiant Guy. He said he decided not to sell it. He said it is "Just not worth it". Not sure what he meant by that. Wow. I think it is for the best. Now, going to check out the 73 duster on Monday.

Thanks again everyone!

Dude, have you ever heard of Craigslist?!? I punched in valiant and dart in Washington state, and 3 cars came up in your price range that are four doors and were listed this weekend!!

I'm not slammin ya about 4 doors, to each his own, but that other car was a piece of crap!! Keep lookin.

The price seems steep to me but if you don't mind a 4 dr go for it- I had a 67 signet 4 dr I ran for a while, I paid $110 and drove it home but he kept the battery lol.

It was a 225 ,3 speed, 7.25 ,9" drum car, I swapped a 360/727/8.75 and 10.87 discs in it and ran it for 2 years before the extra doors got to me and I swapped the drivetrain into a Duster- It was a fun sleeper, quiet exhaust, 14" wheels and full wheelcovers/whitewalls etc.

Nothing wrong withdoor cars ! Personally I like mopars for their simplicity and cheap spares. I'm not really into big power or big motors. I bought mine to haul kids and it has done a excellent job ! I am selling my car now...but I will say I would hate to see such a damn good car cut up to breathe life into something that might be wrapped around a telephone pole later !!!! :-D

Dude, have you ever heard of Craigslist?!? I punched in valiant and dart in Washington state, and 3 cars came up in your price range that are four doors and were listed this weekend!!

I'm not slammin ya about 4 doors, to each his own, but that other car was a piece of crap!! Keep lookin.

That is where I found this car. The problem with craigslist is that 1/2 the people never call or email you back or back out.

That is the main thing I am using to find the car though. I am also looking at the other ones that you probably saw on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back