Your Stress Reliever??

-
Playing out live with strippers on stage works too.....

SANY0041-vi.jpg

That's great!! Rockin and Rollin

I hear ya! I used to do the same but can't seem to find the time for that right now. Same bike now as then, my 30-year old '79 Kawasaki KZ1000E.
Hopefully, a good full-throttle burnout in my '69 Dart will do it in the near-term future if I ever get it finished!

Here's my 'oldie' Kawasaki, not bad for 30 years old!

P7200492_edited (Small).JPG

What kind of groups do you usually play with?

As for myself, I enjoy the playing in 4-5-piece groups, playing jazz standards like "All the Things You Are;" "Stella by Starlight;" and "On Green Dolphin Street"... old folks' music... LOL!8)

We rehearse a lot more than we gig.... unfortunately. I blame it on the economy, but the next paragraph is probably more truth than poetry...

The emcee asked the bebopper, "Son, you obviously can play any kind of music; what made you want to play jazz?"

"I HATE CROWDS!!!":angry7:

I prefer playing Rock that has some teeth.... Not extreme Metal, but stuff that's good and Heavy. I like FEELING my playing. But know what? I love Jazz too. Jaco Pastourius was a HUGE influence in my second go-around of playing. I had stopped playing during the late 80's through the early 90's. Heard his music, and bang..... I was playing again.

But went back to Rock. I'm presently seeing an instructor 2-3 times a month for lessons. He's an incredibly talented Jazz player and he scares the Hell out of my at times with what he can do. Now I'm trying to learn that method. I'm also taking a shot at advanced Slap. I'm having a hard time, but it's fun!

BTW: Cute quote at the end. I "get" it.....
8)

I'm just trying to figure out why everyone needs to relieve thier stress.
It just seems that at work the more stress I have the more work I can get done. Same here at the house, when feeling "stressed" I find something that needs to get fixed and fix it. So not all stress is bad. Or am I just the crazy one here?
But I have been known to get really pissed off.

I prefer playing Rock that has some teeth.... Not extreme Metal, but stuff that's good and Heavy. I like FEELING my playing. But know what? I love Jazz too. Jaco Pastourius was a HUGE influence in my second go-around of playing. I had stopped playing during the late 80's through the early 90's. Heard his music, and bang..... I was playing again.

But went back to Rock. I'm presently seeing an instructor 2-3 times a month for lessons. He's an incredibly talented Jazz player and he scares the Hell out of my at times with what he can do. Now I'm trying to learn that method. I'm also taking a shot at advanced Slap. I'm having a hard time, but it's fun!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BTW: Cute quote at the end. I "get" it..... 8)

"IGet it..."

I knew you would.... LOL!

I'm not a big rock fan, but I love Steely Dan's music. I think I've got everything they ever recorded... but, that's not really a "band." I always liked the "Atlanta Rhythm Section," too...

My favorite tune of Steely Dan's is "Don't Take Me Alive," which is probably the most rock-sounding thing they ever did..... awesome feedback/guitar intro!!!

I love Blues, too... listening, or playing.

Too bad it's so far from Arkansas to New York; I'd love to hear you play!

Have a great weekend... and yes, Jaco was not even of this earth.... what he could do!8)

Nothing does it like music... Making music.

I play guitar and bass; my recorder (BOSS BR-900) has a built-in, programmable drum machine. It ain't Buddy Rich, but it keeps me honest, tempo-wise.

This multi-track recorder has 64-track capability (I usually only use 4), so, I choose a song I really like; lay down a bass line first on top of the drum track; then play the chords ("changes"); then, add the melody line and improvised choruses before playing the melody one last time, and put some sort of ad hoc ending on it...

At that point, I have a complete song, but it's on 4 or 5 different tracks.

Next, I can mix it down to 2 tracks (Stereo) and listen to it, which is sometimes frustrating because I'm NO Les Paul, but if I make a mistake, I can do it over again....

This recorder will then put it onto a blank CD (if I can ever figure out how to accomplish that.)

So, I get to hear a song that ~I~ really like, played with the chord changes that ~I~ deem appropriate (sometimes, not exactly what the composer wrote), played at a tempo that ~I~ enjoy and in a style ~I~ like.

No listening "issues.":cheers:

Listening to that relaxes me like nothing else in the world...

I consider myself fortunate to have that capability.

I guess, if I couldn't do the music thing, I'd probably figure out something with the Valiant... LOL! Hi-11's on the street can be fun, but I'm not sure I have figured out how to convert that into stress relief. LOL!

Gotta work on that...
+1 To this as a stress releiver:
(These Pics are from a few years ago)
973071260_l.jpg

(At The Roadhouse in Odessa, Tx, I think I was 16 in this pic)
alex.jpg

My current setup
manster.jpg

I also do Martial Arts(Tukong Moosul,TKMMA and TKXMA) I have several Grandmaster Nunchaku trophies. And being an idiot also cures stress:

stupid_gas.jpg

Awwwwww That's a shame

Then I guess you won't like pictures of the day I had all my 1911's out to touch ,feel .love and caress.

I can do the same for you with my multiple revolvers if you like:bootysha:
I love collecting guns aswell(This is from 2 years ago, we got a couple new additions(2 1911 Kimber's, Ruger BLackHawk revlover etc.) but heres the pics I have ATM)

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

40SW003.jpg

Good beer always helps too:
YooHoooo004.jpg

I was going to make a comment, but I figured I'd be flirting with having my comments moved to the Politics forum..... :-\"

Easy one for me.............
One of my 4 bikes........

P8261961.jpg

Or going to the U-Pull-It junkyard

Image008.jpg

Nobody mentioned shooting old GM cars in yards with GUNS!!!!!!!

Plus another good stress relief is cuddling with my bride.

playing with these old mopars helps me stay stress free when there is a way to pay the bills,other times a few cold ones at the tiki hut in the backyard or working with wood.....building the tiki hut and tiki bar was a lot of fun and decorating it was fun also...when the body and the mind hurt a dunk in the hott tubb is always nice

tikibarframework.JPG

tikibaranddeck.JPG

mybuttgoeshere.JPG

tikihutframework.JPG

tikihutnew.JPG

tikibar5.JPG

I do Mopar as a stress Relief
I Love the body work when I dont have body work for the dart I volunteer time to my buddys body shop to block out some old Chevy or ferd he might be working on for a customer

Nothing. How does that go again? Guns don't kill people, I kill people. :D

I just don't think masturbation has ever killed anyone :)
Depends on how your doing it...David Carradine style. Or like on that 1000 Ways to Die on Spike TV, the guy who hooked up the cow heart to a battery and was gettin it on with it and electrocuted and died. lol

I have a few.Jamming with the guys tops the list.I play guitar and Im a lefty,so nobody ever steals my guitars,lol! Many want to play my Tony Iommi SG 400 though...but they cant,haha. It revenge for never being able to pay thier guitars,lol. Pulling parts on my own,with no cell phone or kids to bother me and hunting are tied for second.Restoring old parts or cleaning them counts too! And working on my Dart is a big one!

Watching a good movie sometimes helps as well. And FABO is great! It really lifts my spirits to come online and see someones progress with a car that was almost dead. Keeps me going on mine!

I'm retired so my stress level is very low. Having said that, when I get
the urge to unwind I hop in the VNT Turbo 5-speed LeBaron Vert. and take
a lap around the area.

11_Medium_1.jpg

Interior_View_Medium_.jpg

When the 'Cuda is done, I'm sure it will be the car of choice to
take that lap in!:-D:-D

-
Back