YouTube channel

-
Its finally done! It has been Uploading all day long lol. It's a little longer than I wanted but oh well im a talker! Haha let me know what you think be honest im thick skined your not gonna hurt my feelings I want to improve and get better.

Last edited:
Its finally done! It has been Uploading all day long lol. It's a little longer than I wanted but oh well im a talker! Haha let me know what you think be honest im thick skined your not gonna hurt my feelings I want to improve and get better.
One thing that is helping you is something that is God given and you can't buy it.......

That is the fact that you are good looking. In fact a **** load better looking than I thought.

Just hold that camera real steady and move the camera slower and be yourself.

One thing that is helping you is something that is God given and you can't buy it.......

That is the fact that you are good looking. In fact a **** load better looking than I thought.

Just hold that camera real steady and move the camera slower and be yourself.
Thanks I appreciate that. I most definitely have to get some camera tripods and fixtures for sure lol.

Question...

Why is the video tall and narrow?
(Even when I up end the my IPhone.)

Did you shoot the video with the iPhone standing tall (“I”)

Question...

Why is the video tall and narrow?
(Even when I up end the my IPhone.)

Did you shoot the video with the iPhone standing tall (“I”)
Yes I messed up! I thought that I could record it then flip it full screen when I edited but I couldn't I selected full screen so I thought that it would make it full screen while upright then I could rotate the camera for the wide shots on the vehicles but it didn't work and it made editing a nightmare because it didn't rotate back. I had to cut and copy and rotate then insert it back in rotated the right way lol. I'm learning tho. That video took about 4 hours to edit lol

Hey, you got it uploaded! I just watched and gave you a thumbs up. You have comments turned off so I couldn't leave a comment. My feedback would be just do a "interview" of one car at a time as a video. One project at a time. It would help the viewers stay focused on what you are saying and what was already said. Keep up the good work and stay at it!!!!
:thumbsup:

Hey, you got it uploaded! I just watched and gave you a thumbs up. You have comments turned off so I couldn't leave a comment. My feedback would be just do a "interview" of one car at a time as a video. One project at a time. It would help the viewers stay focused on what you are saying and what was already said. Keep up the good work and stay at it!!!!
:thumbsup:
I didn't realize I had the comments off I will have to turn them on. Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it

Looking into some new video equipment. Unfortunately I can't afford a gopro but I'm looking into one of these on Amazon. It has good reviews and is only 40 bucks.

Screenshot_20210212-003230_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20210212-003237_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I look for videos that are informational and are part of larger series / themes. I guess "complete" is what I'm looking for. From start to finish on 1 subject.

A lot of YouTube is filled with people who have videos titled "How to Swap Your Rear Diff" and only show the install portion. I'd highly recommend making playlists out of the videos that are of the same subject matter. Structure it up. Your build is great (I've read the whole thread). Really impressed with what you've done!

I also have a YouTube channel with videos that date back to 1976 (yes, really, but it's not my content - it is copyright-free, though - the girl in it went on to be professional singer). Video that I shot date back to 1985 (includes my wife's GTS convertible and my Barracuda convertible 21 years before it became mine).

1968GTSJimLusk is my channel name. Mostly car stuff, but a few other random things thrown in.

As far as equipment, mine has been shot on the following:
1. Sony EV-210 1" reel to reel (the 1976 footage)
2. Sony Betamax camcorder (dad's - bought 1983)
3. umatic (3/4" cassette similar to Beta mechanically)
4. VHS portable VCR and camera (bought 1985)
5. Sharp 8mm camcorder (bought early 1990s)
6. Sony 8mm camcorder (bought for my son's high school graduation 2002)
7. Panasonic MiniDV camcorder (bought 2003)
8. Sony HD digital camcorder (bought 2011)

I do not shoot video with my cell phone if it is anything important. I set up the camcorder on a tripod, turn the screen toward myself, and record. I have three different video editors. The one I use the most is Pinnacle. I also have Movavi and Power Director. You can crop upright video to look more like it was shot in landscape (as all video should be due to the orientation of TVs and monitors). I have also done a few tribute slide shows set to music (can't post those due to copyrighted music) where I crop the pictures before putting them into the video editor.

There is also lots of royalty free music out there if you're just looking for basic intro music.

-
Back