Zac_F71's 71 Demon

-
Ya but now is the true hard part, save around $2,000 cash LOL I have hobby grade RC's to sell as well as a few car parts that would get me at least a $1,000 but we'll see

I plan on going through SharaDon Performance in Hugo MN for the professional work - I bought the headers in the car from the shop manager Randall

I know what ya mean, been picking up parts as I can, gotta stick to my budget.

What do you have to do to the engine?:D
Break it in, has all fresh parts.. I want it to happen this weekend, but due to my pay schedule at work it probably won't happen.. (get paid Wednesday and Summit order will not show up in time for thi weekend)

Well small update - got the motor ready to start I think haha

I finished up the exhaust, and put the car on the ground for the first time with the motor in..

Got the lokar kickdown cable setup..

Closest I could get the timing, 10*BTDC, got it pretty well lined up

Redid the plug wire ends with 90* ends.. MUCH nicer

Starting on the exhaust

Here is how low the front is LOL

Here it is, the front will go up 1" and the rear will go down 1" I think and it will be perfect.. pretty nice though and weird not having the car 18" higher LOL

Looks great man! Where did you get your pro stars from?
eBay, brand new in the boxes - guy had no pics just said 15x3.5" NIB for $70 cheaper than Summit LOL they showed up just fine and brand new got lucky!

Tires are 165/80's from discounttiredirect.com - gotta get the rear axle set up and measure/order rear's, and 275/60 Nitto NT555R's

I've lifted the front about 1" but may lower it after an alignment or have him set the ride hieght and buy some different bumpers for the LCA, as the QA1 lower arms do not have a place for a bump stop to hit the frame, so I'm using the sway bar tab LOL

Well small but good update -

Got the 1 broken dash light fixed (still trying to figure out how to make the make the tach match the stock back lit gauges but I'll worry about it later)

Got my driveshaft figured out - not going to cut and shorten the B body or slant 6 shaft I have - going to have a new tube welded in the 2wd Ramcharger shaft I got from my Friend in WI as it's all the same diameter through out (B body and slant shafts taper down at the trans end of the shaft) - the shaft is exactly 43.5" - 2" short of what I need - measured again with the car on the ground and came up with 45.5", instead of my initial 46"- 46.5" measurement.

And great news, my friend just started an LLC automotive shop, and is willing and wanting to help me finish the car within the next couple weeks so it's looking like it will drive this season after all!

Working overtime leaves 0 energy for the car! Got parts sitting here wait to go on the car! Getting the Driveshaft back Monday more than likely, so will probably finish what I can (parts that are waiting) Saturday after work/Sunday afternoon. Probably reserve a trailer for next Friday/ Saturday morning, and haul it to my friends shop to finish and start it!

Got the driveshaft back, and installed! - About a 1/2" to short but was assured by a few guys it should be fine! going to finish the wiring today, and install the fuel filler tube, then haul it to my friends shop to be basically finished!

I will for sure post a first start, and test drive video!

Here is the only pic I took, before loading it on the trailer..

Thanks guys! No work on it tonight though sadly, friend had a bunch of crap in the way of the car.. trying for tomorrow!

Mine is Lokar, made for the 727/904.. not sure what the part number is of this exact cable I have - (got it 10 years ago) - mine is likely a universal kit for a 727 or 904.. was mounted on the slant 6's 904 as well - in the same fashion as it is on the 383's 727.. (I had to cut 6" of the sheath off at the carb end to fit the way it's pictured that's it..)

Here are the 727/904 part numbers - I would go with the cheapest of them as they mount the same regardless of weather you have a 727 or 904

KD-2727HT
KD-2727U
KD-2904HT
KD-2904U

Small update -

Got the 8 3/4 installed with no welding! Wanted to use the 1" lowering blocks I got, and after disassembling everything my friend and I found out the leads were 43.5" center to center - 1/2" off the B body axle - so we drilled the original perches to 9/16", and auged 1/4" out of the bottom of the blocks and it lines right up!

Found a leaking wheel cylinder so I replaced both, cut off the old wheel bearings/adjusters, and installed Green bearings, installed the center section, and driveshaft

Monday (tomorrow) I'm going to buy gear lube/Ford friction modifier, couple feet of fuel line, 1 gallon of coolant (from work), and 10 gallons of fresh 91 non oxy fuel.

Here is what's left - cut/patch spare tire well, hang/plumb fuel tank, fill/top off off fluids, rebleed brakes, prime/fire motor, and finish the interior

I'll upload the few pics I took in an hour or so!

-
Back