Zac_F71's 71 Demon

-
The "last parts order was made"! Only thing I didn't get was a fuel pressure reg. bracket which I won't need till the motor is paid off here..

Allstar 2" leaf spring lowering block - to replace the 1" blocks it has in it
AED vacuum secondary tuning kit
ARP 1/4"-20x1" for valve covers
ARP 3/8"-16x2" for intake manifold
2304 Autogauge 3.75" chrome tach to replace the one in the car
Autometer blue bulb covers for ^
Fragola male -6 Tee fitting
Summit 7/8"-20 - -6 AN fittings
Summit -6 straight hose ends (3)
18" -6 AN hose
Hollry 34-13 metering block kit
Hooker 3.5" header collector gaskets
3/8"NPT pipe plug for the intake
Grant 4000 steering wheel spacer

Well LOL ordered more parts..

The No.4 cam bearing is fixed is the only update I got, but that was all that was holding him back from assembling the rotating assembly, so I'm sure he's deep into that this week..

PARTS!
New rebuilt 4150 750 hp Holley carb
Motive 3.73 gears for 741 case
Motive R&P install kit
good used 29 spline U joint yoke (new pinion is 29 spline)
Fuel pressure regulator bracket
ARP 3.75" carb studs

Just need to figure out the speedo gear EDIT - figured out I need a 36t and got one as well!

Well another small update!

Got the new 3.73 gear set
Install kit^
FPR bracket
New fuel line setup for the new carb
I need to order 1 final fitting ^
Going to return some parts hear as well to recoup cash..

Probably try to get out in the garage here to not only pull the 3rd member out, but install the driveshaft loop, hopefully my next weekend off, to get the gears installed (still waiting on the yoke..)

The short block is done! Heads/intake are off getting ported, I'm hoping I can scrape together the rest of the money by mid April so it can be dyno'd by May..

Great to see it coming along!! How HP are you looking to get out of your combo?
I'm hoping for 450hp at the crank or 400whp LOL kinda a tall order I think for what it is, but for all the money, and parts I'm throwing at it - it better make a true 425hp-475hp haha

Well got the "rebuilt" Holley carb Friday... seen right out the box it's jacked up, the bowl vent tube holes were drilled WAY out, the tubes were just laying in the box, took the bowls off it and found metal shavings, and old gasket material inside..

I was not happy, emailed guy I got it from and said I'm returning it and want my money back..

Bought a 750cfm Speed Demon carb used, and am going to rebuild it myself..

Pretty much got the final bill for the motor and still $2,000 to go on it.. (over half paid off though!) not sure if I'll make my Mopar's in the Park show dead line though (June 4th/5th)

Also seen Discount Tire Direct's eBay store was having a 7% off sale on the Nitto drag radials I want for the car, so instead of buying a carb kit, and a few other parts -I bought the tires LOL

So back at it here selling stuff to pay the machine work and dyno time off!

Well another small update!

Got ripped on a carb, got death threats, sent it back, got my money back..

Bought a cleanish looking Demon 750, and bought -

Demon carb rebuild kit
Summit Nitropyl floats
Jet extensions
2 carb bowl adapters (-6 AN)
3/8"NPT to -6 fitting with a 1/8"NPT gauge port

Going to rebuild it myself, and repolish the bowls/main body

Got a pair of Nitto 275/60-15 drag radials cheap on Sunday, got them today too!

Supposed to be warm this Friday/Saturday (mid 40's LOL) so going to try to get a lot on the car done -

Need to pull the drive shaft - try the new 29spl pinion yoke to see if the joint fits it, and have to install the US Car Tool bolt in drive shaft loop

If the yoke fits the joint in the shaft, I will be pulling the center out, and bringing to a friend to have the 3.73 gears installed - install the speedo gear at that time as well

Going to message my friend to see if I can borrow a rear wheel off his car/my old car to see if it fits my car as I found 2 rear Prostars cheap!

Going to mod the new 2" lower block and install them in the rear leaf's

The carb parts should come Friday (overnighted from Summit) so HOPEFULLY if they come, I can rebuild/mod the carb this weekend as well LOL

On top of warrantying 2 car batteries as well! LOL Should be a fun 4 day weekend!

Gotta love it. Heat wave in mn. High in the 40's. The hole entire state will be outside and half of them in shorts.

I'm looking forward to it for sure! I'm ready for 80* days! Got a lot of work to do on the car and very little time to do it if I'm going to make Mopars in the Park

I'm with you on that one. Mopars in the park is coming up quick. engine almost done, 4 speed swap halfway done, rewiring,etc. If I get one day to test my work before heading to the show I'll be lucky.

HA! Wiring is nothing! These car's are simple for wiring - let me know if you need any I have a TON of stock wiring..

Well another small update! After figuring out the 3rd member - I had to order the pinion yoke tool so when that gets here I'll pull the center out and bring it to my friend to do them.. probably next weekend.

Got the driveshaft loop in last night though!

Small update! Got most of the cash to pay off the motor, got the Demon carb rebuilt(need a couple more fittings here), and started in on setting up the 3.73 gears.. pinion and ring gear installed last night, just have to set the backlash/ wear pattern, and it's good to go..

Found the reason the car was so high in the back end, and bouncier than it shoulda been as well.. the Mopar adjustable pinion snubber was sitting on the floor holding the car up.. ended up elongating the bottom holes in it as it wouldn't sit in the bottom.. will be test fitting it here mid April as I really am focusing on paying the motor off..

Got another parts order in the works as well -

Summit cast aluminum deep trans pan
2 qts Royal Purple 75/90
1 bottle of Ford friction modifier
Felpro center section gasket
Summit 45*, and 90* -6 AN fittings

Great news! The motor will be done this week! The gears are also done! Going to order some parts here to get the rear axle back together as well as a deep trans pan!

I like it as well! The powder coat is cheap and chipping but it's nice!

very nice loop, easy mounting, it will do keep the driveline contained even without the powder coat. lol enough with all the bells and whistles, get that 383 going. you have a date with the track. lol

I can't wait to drive the car! Gonna be surreal for sure as I was the last person to drive the car.. drove it 30 miles home with no brakes! Was a slant 6 car back then though..

Well got my small Summit order Friday, gears are back, nothing installed yet though LOL going to install the gears over this week as I'm still recovering from the 7 hours round trip to pay off the motor haha

Gotta make another Summit Racing order here before the dyno to get a engine cradle to transport it home safely, and my truck needs a small tune up so that will all happen here as well!

Motor is paid off! Still waiting on the heads though, were just finished Friday, so Monday the heads will be back, was told it will be done by the end of the weekish, and dyno in 3 weeks or so..

Best part was, when we made the final bill we found out I owed less than I thought! So with the left over cash the dyno is basically paid for might have $100 out of pocket..

Made the Summit Racing order for the dyno! Came up with a plan for the dyno as well..

Got a Allstar engine cradle so I can transport the motor home safely, a few carb gaskets to try different carb spacers, and short plug wires for my 2500 Ram (5.7 hemi) which is going to get some love before going to the dyno for the 383

Plans for the dyno -
Try 4-5 different carb spacers-
1/2" 4 hole
1" open
1" super sucker are for sure
Try the 2" CPPA headers
Try a pair of old school Hedman 1 3/4" B body headers that I have
Set jetting
Set initial and total timing

No date set, as still waiting for the heads, and measure/order pushrods..

Found out Friday night that the rear end also moved 1" to the right so I need to figure that out today, borrowed a wheel from my old Mustang as well to try on to help figure out what back space Prostars to order for the drag radials.

Got the 3.73's installed, and put the center section back together. Installed in the car, set up the drive shaft loop, and installed the new speedo gear for the 3.73's.

I put the wheels back on and noticed that the left side was about 1 1/8" from the outside of the wheel opening, while the right side was only an 1/8"

EDIT! Almost forgot the pics!

My Discounted $280 shipped Nitto 275/60 Drag Radials! (cheapest they have ever been!)

Carb rebuild! Demon 750 Speed Demon carb!

Ultrasonic in bug remover LOL didn't have degreaser

ALL DONE!!

Well it's the first nice weekend.. my friend finally came and got his 96 240sx out of my garage so I can finally get started on the car again! Got my 99 Durango running for the first time in a year as well!

Small updates!
The motor is done! Dyno day is set for Thursday morning May 5th at G&S in Shafer MN - I took a 4 day weekend as well so the plan is to get the car driving that same weekend!

Decided to buy a local MSD 6AL ignition box as well for $100, and got a glove box door bezel as well to replace the broken one that was in the car.. so I'm going to be cleaning a few tables off and getting some of the interior ready to repaint, and install most of it.. I only want to do the carpet once so I'll wait for that til after the SFC's are welded in.. which I might order this week from US Car Tool..

Pushed the car outside and took some pics let me know what you think!?

i like the meats on the rear. stay with it,ur almost there. looking forward to the dyno results. be careful of those used msd boxes. they can be a real headache when gremlins pop up. never know what someone has done/used it for.

Thanks guys! Hopefully be able to resell an RC truck I'm picking up this weekend to buy a pair of rear Weld's to match the fronts!

-
Back