.020 over 273

-

rickdick78

Reaction score
Hey im freshening my 273 and i noticed that it was rebuilt with .020 over pistons.
Does anyone know what the cubic inches of a .020 over 273 are?
Thanks.....

TOOLMANMIKE! Where are you? :hiding: This sounds like a question you could answer!

Plus....I am curious for myself as mine was bored about the same. :glasses8:

yeah 70aarcuda is right the formula is bore 3.63 x 3.63 x 8 for cylinders x 3.31 for stroke x 7854 = 274 actual cubes so with 20 '' over its 3.65 x 3.65 x 8 x 3.31 x 7854 = 277 cui :)

TOOLMANMIKE! Where are you? :hiding: This sounds like a question you could answer!

Plus....I am curious for myself as mine was bored about the same. :glasses8:

Dang, I missed this one! Looks like you guys have the answer.

Thanks guys! Hey, Mike, how's your little 273 running? Had her out yet?

Great guys, thanks for the info, very helpful.
Hey has anyone used these new repro super thin (0.25) headgaskets? How much extra compression will it make and is it worth th $80 bucks they charge on ebay??

Thanks guys! Hey, Mike, how's your little 273 running? Had her out yet?
Been driving her every chance I get. My son helped put a new clutch in last weekend. It's running good. Here's a poor quality video. I have since fixed the original carb and gave it some more timing. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v555B5_uBJ4"]YouTube - HP273- Isky E4- Accurate LTD exhaust[/ame]

Great guys, thanks for the info, very helpful.
Hey has anyone used these new repro super thin (0.25) headgaskets? How much extra compression will it make and is it worth th $80 bucks they charge on ebay??

Give us a link on those. The best ones are from Cometic. They are multi-layer steel and you can order them with the proper bore size. You can gain a half point of compression over Fel Pro Permatorque Blue gaskets. toolman

Umm ill try to, get the ebay link but im not very good on the computer, (hence the no picture on my wall). How much are the gaskets from cometic? I feel like they are overpricing them on ebay.....

he squared the bore diameter instead of the radius...which is 1/2 the diameter (3.65)

it is just figuring out the volume of a cylinder...then multiplying by 8...

no one took algebra2/ trigonometry in school???

-
Back