10's on $5,000 ?

-
Just not quite... got to have a converter, tranny, and short block that will live run after run on a 250 shot. AND.... a pocket full of money for refills.... Anyways, not happening even though they keep bringing it up. LOL

What short block would that be? I remember years ago an article in Car Craft where they took a junkyard 360 and TRIED to blow it up with more and more nitrous. I don't remember how fast it went but they never blew it up.

My pick for the perfect car for a project like this is a Aspen or Volarie station wagon. They have better then 50% of there weight on the rear wheels,65 to 70 b body rear axles bolt in, b body big block cheep headers fit, nobody wants them, and if you look hard enough in back yards you could possibly find some one to pay you to take it away or best scenario get it for free.
I agree!! I have a few F bodies, just to play with some different than usual toys. They are gaining in desire, but Tx is not a mopar state anyway. F bodies are pretty cheap unless a T top super coupe or good kit car.
That 77 Volare wagon I offered was bought for $500 with a perfect grill, which I switched out to my 76 RR grill. Grill was worth $3-400. I fixed 2 rusted spots, survivor paint, If I sell it for the going rate of $500 I am good. Just 8 hours on Tx highways getting it home. If I just spend a little time and get it running, $1500 easy. But I regress.
I have a bud back in SW Mo that is an engine builder, body man, and in general Mopar nut and racer. He raced a Volare wagon years back and loved it. He said easy to get the weight down and great traction. Racing wagons are cool to me. Even cool with somewhat fat rear tires, somewhat a thumping engine with the right exhaust, decent convertor, and off to the sonic we go!! lol

So what!!! Any loser can put nitrous on something to run 10’s.

Don’t be a weeny and do it with some hard work and thinking.

I don't disagree.....I feel the same way about nitrous......but facts is facts. It works.

I don't disagree.....I feel the same way about nitrous......but facts is facts. It works.

Sure it does it’s idiot proof. Some of you guys insist on doing things the easy way in every post. He already said he wants to do it the hard way and I thank him for that.

Sure it does it’s idiot proof. Some of you guys insist on doing things the easy way in every post. He already said he wants to do it the hard way and I thank him for that.

SO I've been called a weenie and an idiot and I still haven't insulted you. I also have AGREED with you about nitrous. I DON'T LIKE IT either. It was merely a suggestion for conversation. Tell you what, before I get too much more worked up and say something unChristian, you just made the list. That took a lot of restraint too.

IF we were doing this exercise a few decades ago, we could have said spend X $$$$ and everything has to come out of the boneyard. Wait, that is RoadKill stuff!!!!!! OK so our man can use his fancy Nancy high $$ aluminum heads!!!!????? Right? But I agree, NO juice, yes it makes things go, so does forced air. Lets name this whatever make Mopar: K.I.S.S. >>>>>lol Keep It Simple Smartass??? ha
I bet the drivetrain, when done, will be worth $5000 and the body when done, will be where you would have to pay $300 to have it hauled away!!! lol

SO I've been called a weenie and an idiot and I still haven't insulted you. I also have AGREED with you about nitrous. I DON'T LIKE IT either. It was merely a suggestion for conversation. Tell you what, before I get too much more worked up and say something unChristian, you just made the list. That took a lot of restraint too.

It gets old buddy. He already said he doesn't want to use nitrous. I will use my ignore button for the first time on you so I don't call your nitrous posts weeny again. Sorry, BYE.

IF we were doing this exercise a few decades ago, we could have said spend X $$$$ and everything has to come out of the boneyard. Wait, that is RoadKill stuff!!!!!! OK so our man can use his fancy Nancy high $$ aluminum heads!!!!?????
Heads weren't a "gift" from a buddy. Bought from Speedmaster like anyone could have - 40% off. Nothing wrong with smart money...

I forgot about those speed mstr heads, if he does his usual good port job on them I'm sure they'll flow in the 260's@.520-ish, go for pittsburg's racer brown sft, stick an 850DP on it with a good intake and 530fwhp is there somewhere, only thing now is the chassis, how much $$$ is left in that $5k to get it to hook, its all down to that now.

I forgot about those speed mstr heads, if he does his usual good port job on them I'm sure they'll flow in the 260's@.520-ish, go for pittsburg's racer brown sft, stick an 850DP on it with a good intake and 530fwhp is there somewhere, only thing now is the chassis, how much $$$ is left in that $5k to get it to hook, its all down to that now.
They are big block heads..... PBR's cam is small block. Houston, that's a problem

I was just going to re-post, remember that, ok so go for something similar perhaps you can pick up an old mopar 528 or better.

Just making fun!!! I say get a motor home 440, add all the aluminum parts you can!!! Those heads are still FANCY!!
This whole thing should be fun! When it makes a pass, it will all be video and posted
:thumbsup:

At this point...... I have nothing to add.

I like the concept .......and will sit back and watch it unfold.

If I feel like I can add something useful along the way, I’ll chime in.

Thought of something......
You know those heads need offset intake rockers, right?

This whole thing should be fun! When it makes a pass, it will all be video and posted
:thumbsup:

When you start going forward with this post up a list of needed parts and guys can keep their eyes open for them listed for sale at reasonable prices. Remind me once its a go and I may be able to donate a set of 440 pushrods for adjustable rockers. ( 9 1/4 if I remember right)

Surely this is going to be on drag radials or slicks?......used, or are you going to talk to some FAST/stock appearing racers.......

I'm not going back through the whole thing but has anyone recommended the old Mopar engine and car recipes? They are still very relevant and you might could pick up a few good ideas from them.

I'm not going back through the whole thing but has anyone recommended the old Mopar engine and car recipes? They are still very relevant and you might could pick up a few good ideas from them.
I have an older MP book. And I'll be the first to tell ya, I've been way more into small blocks, so I'll probably nose around a little...

I have an older MP book. And I'll be the first to tell ya, I've been way more into small blocks, so I'll probably nose around a little...

Well they have recipes for all. Slants, small and big blocks.

But don't take a weenie idiot loser's word for it.

-
Back