15" tire and wheels 65 Barracuda

-

RON REAGLE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought my 65 Barracuda last summer and it had 15" tires and wheels on it. It had 215-65-15's on the front and 235-60-15's on the rear. The fronts were very tight in the wheel well and they would rub the fender lip once in awhile. I researched and decided to go smaller and narrower on the front 195-60-15 and taller in the rear but not wider 235-70-15. I had them mounted and balanced last week and put them on over the weekend. WOW!!! I really like the way they changed the stance of the car and no more rubbing. The rears fill the wheel well and I don't think I could've fit a bigger tire in there without tubbing it.

Here's the before and after

KCLD0017.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

Looks great! Those tires really fill up the rear wheel wells. 65'

The wheels really make the yellow look good & the stance is perfect in my opinion.

The car is actually bright Green. I had no idea 15's were even possible till I bought this car already equipped with them.

I bought my 65 Barracuda last summer and it had 15" tires and wheels on it. It had 215-65-15's on the front and 235-60-15's on the rear. The fronts were very tight in the wheel well and they would rub the fender lip once in awhile. I researched and decided to go smaller and narrower on the front 195-60-15 and taller in the rear but not wider 235-70-15. I had them mounted and balanced last week and put them on over the weekend. WOW!!! I really like the way they changed the stance of the car and no more rubbing. The rears fill the wheel well and I don't think I could've fit a bigger tire in there without tubbing it.

Here's the before and after

View attachment 1715521823

View attachment 1715521824

View attachment 1715521825
That looks great ! Way to do your homework.

I guess I'm a little color blind LOL, but it still looks outstanding.

Ron, Good looking 65. Can you post who manufactured the rims, what is the width and offset if you have it?
Thanks
Dan

They are American Racing Wheels. Fronts are 15x6 with 4" back spacing The rears are 15x7 with 4-1/2" back spacing. The car has an 8-3/4 rear end with aftermarket axles and no adjuster on the passenger side axle. There is hardly enough room to get my fingers between the wheel well lip and the rear tires (I don't have great big hands) it doesn't rub but there's NO EXTRA ROOM. I'll try to get better detailed picture of the fit and post them.

IMG_3995.JPG

Have you tried rolling the lip on the fender "very gently" with a wooden block & a small dead blow hammer for a bit more clearance? Just a trick I used with 15 x 8 Centerlines on a B body I had. Just like you, I had maybe 1/4" clearance but afterward I had about 1/2" to 5/8" clearance.

They are American Racing Wheels. Fronts are 15x6 with 4" back spacing The rears are 15x7 with 4-1/2" back spacing. The car has an 8-3/4 rear end with aftermarket axles and no adjuster on the passenger side axle. There is hardly enough room to get my fingers between the wheel well lip and the rear tires (I don't have great big hands) it doesn't rub but there's NO EXTRA ROOM. I'll try to get better detailed picture of the fit and post them.

View attachment 1715521919
My Swinger is that way. My springs are pretty stiff though.

View attachment 1715521919
That thing looks killer though. Great stance!

TMM, I really like the Dart & it's stance. I wish I had my yellow 66 GT back, I foolishly let myself get talked into selling it for a more suitable family car. BTW, the talker is long gone now & my current wife loves the idea of my bracket Demon. She always knows what I'm working on & gets regular pictures if she doesn't go racing with me.

-
Back