177 supercharger

-

moparwelder340

71swingaa
Reaction score
has anyone ever attempted it? i did email Indy and they said that they could with there mod-man intake. but what about the snout measurements? so this is a theory build that im really considering......7? 440 came out an r v , 440 source stroker kit, 440 source heads want to run a low compression to run a 177 roots supercharger. im not looking for gobs of horsepower, but the instant i mash that pedal i would like to have the power with out the wait. My plan is to use a Fitch 1200hp set up and tti stainless headers with 3" exhaust what you all think? my biggest concern is the clearance for the distributor. tell me i have only short time to make up my mind...

IMG_0101.JPG
Ok, "Instant power" means a Roots blower and pretty much rules out a Centrifugal blower, unless you're running a loose converter......
I'd suggest running a 6-71 blower manifold(3.5" tall) simply because resale value or ease to sell and gives you an easy chance to upgrade to a bigger blower, in the future might be easier. The ModMan intake (5.5" tall) will work for this application as no pop off valve are required when using a serpentine belt drive. I'd recommend a 10 rib setup.
Either manifold will require a custom adapter plate to mount the blower. Careful measurements and planning will dictate how long a snout you need and location of blower. The closer you can keep the blowers crank pulley to the balancer, the less stress will be placed on the crank. These types of blowers are around 6" tall....

IMG_0102.JPG

Last edited:
ill be running passion performance 5 speed, is that what your running 6-71? and it put you were you need to be?

IMG_0127.PNG
The above pics aren't from my engine.
Stroking a 440 will be pushing the 177 blowers limitations.
SpeedMaster has this plate that you might be able to use on the ModMan or 6-71 intake manifold as an adapter plate. At a cost of $130, it's cheap....
I'd still recommend using a 6-71 manifold, this way you can upgrade to a bigger 6-71 fairly easily.

-
Back