18's On My Demon

-
Staggered wheel size......9.5's on the rear and 8's in front. Thx for the input everyone.

How about some comments on the stance? Family Feud...LOL
I like it and think it sits just right.A chin spoiler would look good too,not so into the rear spoilers.How,s the difference in handling?:-D

Looks awesome, and well matched to the color combo of the car.
Even sitting there, the car looks like a bullet.

I too would love details, on backspacing, tire sizing, and brand / manufacturer / style.

I like them -- I am planning on going 18's my 71 Demon as well, but have always heard 18's were too big for the front:

Can you please post the following:
Rims (front and rear) - Make & Size - 18" x ? x ? Backspacing
Tires (front and rear) - Make & Size

Thanks!

Beautiful car! I'm another who does not normally like big wheels on muscle cars but in this case it looks great. The stance is perfect. Looks like a rocket sitting there. Nice!!!

:thumbup: Thanks alot for the positive comments on my car. It's been a "labor of love" for sure and several years involved in bringing it back to street form. I have maybe 200 miles or so on it and we have been working out all the bugs (one by one).

I did quite a bit of research in the tire and wheel selection and am happy with the choices made. The ride is not quite as soft as the BFG T/A Radials w/ 14" ralleys that were on it, but worth the trade-out IMO :smile:.

Here is some info on the selection:

Fronts are American Eagle Boss Series Wheels 18 x 8 +14mm offset, w/ 225/40ZR18's. The front fender lip clearance is excellent after we lowered the torsion bars a bit.

Rears are 18 x 9.5 -4mm offset, w/ 285/35ZR18's.

I would have preferred 17's in the front, but not available in this wheel.

Here's a before pic w/ the BFG's and ralley wheels. I liked them, but thought they didn't "fit the look" of the car. The new wheel choice was a tough one......:toothy10:

Attachments

• Wheels 002.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 176
Here's a before pic w/ the BFG's and ralley wheels. I liked them, but thought they didn't "fit the look" of the car. The new wheel choice was a tough one......:toothy10:

What a difference!

It's always a risk to deviate from OEM. Not normally a fan of big wheel/X-low sidewall combo, but yours looks very tasteful. Stance is great, too. Maybe a little bit lower. The F/R balance looks very good. Nicely done!

What a difference!

Thanks Rev, It totally changed the look of the car!!

It's always a risk to deviate from OEM. Not normally a fan of big wheel/X-low sidewall combo, but yours looks very tasteful. Stance is great, too. Maybe a little bit lower. The F/R balance looks very good. Nicely done!

I was worried about it too. I have read enough threads about wheels and tires that won't fit LOL. We have many hours in the ralleys that we pulled off w/ brand new BFG tires, but I really thought they didn't look right for the car. I have been warming up to the bigger wheels recently and the tire choices made the decision much easier. The 14" and 15" tires are being phased out.

I am also OLD SCHOOL don't like big wheels on any car.But I like the wheels on your Demon alot.And don't lower the rear the stance is just fine.

Jim

I am also OLD SCHOOL don't like big wheels on any car.But I like the wheels on your Demon alot.And don't lower the rear the stance is just fine. Jim

I like the stance too, but I'm getting some pretty strong resistance from my better half that wants it lowerrrrrrrr. I think I'll give it a couple of days, like I do with many of the changes we've made. 4 steps forward and 2 back.......

Thx for your input Jim :happy10:

I was about ready to agree with Bob (sorry) -- I always thought 18s were a little too much on a muscle car -- until I saw the comparison picture. I think you nailed it girl! Way to go!!

6pk2goDemon here ya go, I have the Boss 338 18's as well but I am not putting the 18x9.5's until I get more lift in the rear. Probably Firm GFeel or Hotchkis spings.

Duke

Attachments

• Cuda resized.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 970
  • Cuda resized 2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 513
Most of the time I would say yuck. For me 16's are to big on an old car. But you found a nice looking set of rims. I like them. Very nice!

Investing in new wheels and tires are a considerable expense. But the comparison of your car in the before pictures and current wheels, you nailed it. Great choice on wheels, great looking car. Money well spent

GregH

I was about ready to agree with Bob (sorry) -- I always thought 18s were a little too much on a muscle car -- until I saw the comparison picture. I think you nailed it girl! Way to go!!

Thank you! Your positive support is so appreciated Leanna. You're such a sweetie :angel3:. The before and after pics don't lie........:-D

6pk2goDemon here ya go, I have the Boss 338 18's as well but I am not putting the 18x9.5's until I get more lift in the rear. Probably Firm GFeel or Hotchkis spings.

Duke

Duke, Thx for the PM and posting pics of your ride, it's beautiful! I love the early Cudas and yes, it looks like you'll need a bit more lift for the 9.5's. I'm not familiar with the springs you mention, but I'm sure you are. I have the 002, 003 MP springs.

Most of the time I would say yuck. For me 16's are to big on an old car. But you found a nice looking set of rims. I like them. Very nice!

Thx Burnt......I did need a push or 2, or maybe 6 to pull the trigger ;-)

Investing in new wheels and tires are a considerable expense. But the comparison of your car in the before pictures and current wheels, you nailed it. Great choice on wheels, great looking car. Money well spent

GregH

Thank you Greg for your positive input. This decision has been in the works for many months and I was still nervous about the outcome. So far, so good... Yes $$ well spent :-D

-
Back