-
I am speechless :toothy1: (that's a new one) :D
I enjoy seeing all the great moves you are making on this great wagon
I need to get updated 8-)
And see more of what I have missed out on in the last couple months :wink:
Coffee and this thread makes my mornings =D>=D>=D>
A motivating thread and how to's here for me and other members :thumbrig:

Thank you for keeping us updated on your work :thumbrig:

well i got the idler pulley bracket started today. i need to trim it up some more and add some gussets. but its almost there. i hope to drop the engine back in this weekend to see how everything fits.

Attachments

• P5240599.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 662
  • P5240602.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 643
well thanks to damraider. my adapter is all trimmed up and done. he went above and beyond on this. he let me drop it off at his house since he lives nearby. then he took it to his shop, did the machining and let me come pick it up at his house the next day. man this piece is nice. thank you again steve. :-D

Attachments

• P5270609.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 634
  • P5270606.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 615
well i spent most the day working on the blower again. i welded the idler to the bracket i made, i still need to make a few gussets for it. i also drilled the valiant "V" into the support for the intake. its subtle, but i think its a nice touch.
i also dropped the engine in the car to make sure there were no suprises. everything will fit fine. the only thing i noticed is the blower pulley doesnt clear the hood. so i pulled out the cutoff wheel and now it clears. my plan was to run a 68 superstock hoodscoop and a droped base air cleaner. that way there would be no give away of what was under the hood. oh well.

Attachments

• P5280610.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 623
  • P5280611.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 597
  • P5280612.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 625
  • P5280620.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 611
  • P5280617.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 611
Could you have run a smaller pully and not had to cut the hood? Or would that have given you to much boost? Very cool bild by the way.

yeah, it would give me too much boost, and a smaller pully would cause the belt to hit the water pump pulley. if i ever raise the boost, i will have to get a larger lower pulley.

me too. i got the idler bracket all finished up today. i just need to paint it tomorrow. its finally starting to look like something.

Bitchin build!!:headbang:
I love wagons! That truck is very cool as well!

What about just building a small bulge on the hood to cover the pulley and not be soo noticeable?

Well the carb and air cleaner will stick through also. I'm thinking of running a superstock scoop. I just need to go to my dads and grab it to see what it looks like. I think with the scoop on there maybe the pulley won't be as noticable

well the engine work is 98% done. just a few little things to finish up.

Attachments

• P5300626.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 564
  • P5300624.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 553
Bitchin build!!:headbang:
I love wagons! That truck is very cool as well!

What about just building a small bulge on the hood to cover the pulley and not be soo noticeable?

or you could just run some JDM hood tilt yo! :thumbup:

haha!

well my new carb came yesterday. thats one more expensive item to check off the list.

Attachments

• P6060631.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 536
well i started making my solid motor mounts today. i just copied the stock mount design. hopefully they hold up.

Attachments

• P6120664.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 494
  • P6120665.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 485
  • P6120667.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 490
same thing I did only I used the mount I shredded and burned all the rubber off it then used some channel at each end of the plates:thumrigh:

koool project,,,, im wondering if you could of gotten 2 smaller pullys keeping the same ratio of blower drive and not have to cut that hood,,hope you saved the piece you cut out,,,,, great job on the adapter plate,,

if i would have gone with smaller pulleys, my belt would have hit the water pump pulley. its all a very tight fit.

if i would have gone with smaller pulleys, my belt would have hit the water pump pulley. its all a very tight fit.

i think you could of had a hard mounted non adjustable ideler pulley on the oppisite side to hold a the same length belt away from the water pump pulleys,,,

thats true. i guess theres a few ways we could have done it. im sure this isnt going to be the last version of this car. it seems like they are always evolving.

well i got the engine back in today for good. now to finish all the little things up.

Attachments

• P6190679.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 428
  • P6190681.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 417
  • P6190682.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 413
  • P6190683.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 413
  • P6190684.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 421
-