1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
Looks great Aaron! Glad to see progress on the lil' wagon. Can't wait to see it driving. Hopefully all of us will make a big caravan to Spring Fling.

THUMBS UP!!YOUR DOING A GREAT AND LEARNING HOW IT WAS DONE BACK IN THE DAY.THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN IS HANDS ON.THANK GOD YOUR NOT A VID.GAME JUNKY,LIKE MOST YOUNG TEENS.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!I SEE TROPHY,S IN YOUR FUTURE FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!:cheers:

thanks guys. this project has been alot of fun. its wierd, because i wasnt really looking for a project, and i just sold my 65 barracuda and 65 valiant convertable last year. but when i saw the wagon i had to have it. i will do my best to get the wagon together for spring fling. as long as money keeps coming in i should be good. as for the small block, thats my dads for his 72 dart. he has a 360 sittting in the garage. but i wanted to do something different with the wagon. thanks again for the comments.

hey guys, yesterday i picked up some parts for my wagon. i picked up a head for 100 dollars, its been rebuilt already. the guy that had it ended up building a head with big valves. so for 100 dollars i can live with stock valves for now. i also picked up an oil seal cap from doug dutra, but it ended up being cracked just like mine. i didnt notice until today, when i pulled the old rope style seal out, a chunk of the cap came with it. so hopefully he will have another he is willing to part with. i also built my glove box which i am going to mount the fuse box for my new wiring harness in. it took me about 4 hours to make it today with just basic tools. a hacksaw, drill, and rivets. i think it came out pretty well. i am going to put some sore of material on the inside (maybe speaker box carpet like i used on my scamp) to hide all the rivets. when its done it should look real nice.

PB231655.jpg

PB231656.jpg

PB231657.jpg

PB231659.jpg

PB231660.jpg

PB231662.jpg

PB231663.jpg

PB231665.jpg

PB231666.jpg

PB231667.jpg

Wow, nice restoration you doing here man! Just the same way i do it, never did it before, but you `ll only learn when you try!
Get this thing going, id like to see it what has become when its finished!!

love the glove box,, box,,who,s wiring kit are you using ?? and let us know if its mopar friendly,,as far as charging and starting wiring diagrams,

thanks for the comments. its an ez wiring brand. cudaspaz is using one also. i havent wired anything yet but it looks easy. all the wires are labeled and the directions are pretty clear. and the new harness was only $189.00

ok reason i asked,,im in the process of searching out new wiring systems,,ive looked and talked to pain less,,,ive seen that kit EZ WIRING,,but im leaning towards the ron francis kit i think i like there accessorie packages,,there fuse block, and they are local to me,, besides they were the first ones to be mopar friendly,,when all the others wanted you to use a GM charging system,,,let us know how it works out,,but its a nice price for that kit you have there

Nice work slant! When you`re done with the electrical and drivetrain you should catch up with waggin and convert that bad boy into a 2 door. :D

maybe before i make it into a two door, i should practice welding. i could do the floors first. that way the ugly welds will be covered with carpet.

Awsome job, but for GOD's sake please learn how to post picture's with Photobucket.com. I liked to look at the pic's without scrolling.

Remember, never drive faster than
your guardian angel can fly!!
!

untitled.jpg

well i only worked on the wagon one day this weekend. i had to spend some quality time with the girlfriend. i finished mounting my fuse box in my custom metal glove box. i also put some black felt in the glove box to make it look better. i had to order a crimp tool online that crimps the oem style wire terminals. hopefully next weekend i can start making some connections.

PB301696.jpg

PB301697.jpg

PB301698.jpg

Your wiring and locating the fuse box in the great clove box you mad sure is very cool.=P~ Keep on moving slantscamp you have gotten allot dun sense I
checked in on you. I will be doing a dual master cylinder on my Victoria and
thanks for helping me see my way.:cheers:

hey guys. i spent a bunch of time today cleaning parts. its time consuming and not much fun but it must be done. i also installed my cam, timing chain, and main seal cap. enjoy!
-aaron-

PC141703.jpg

PC141704.jpg

PC141705.jpg

PC141706.jpg

PC141707.jpg

PC141708.jpg

PC141709.jpg

If I can make a suggestion... Get packages of spade connectors, bullet connectors, whatever. Cut the plastic insulator off of them. Crimp them on the wire, then solder the connection, then put some shrink tubing over the WHOLE connector and part of the wire. Trim the excess when you're done. It looks REALLY nice. More importantly, you will avoid problems with crimp connectors. Somtimes the copper will oxidize and the connector will not make good contact. Plus, the shrink tubing acts as a strain relief.

Or you could use something like this: http://www.sherco-auto.com/krimpaseal.htm

I'll admit that it's more time consuming, though.

thats what i plan on doing. i dont want any electrical problems. its worth taking the extra time. thanks
-aaron-

nice tip on using the shrink tubing over the connector,,i hope i remember it when i start my rewire
what was the special tool you said you orderd on line ???

-
Back