1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
Whaaaahooooooooooooo!

Lets have a few beers to celebrate bud! Your goal is within reach and Im the jealous one now!!!

haha thanks. i already got a head start on the beers. hey, where exzactly do you live? i was showing my girl the pictures of your shed and view. i think i could talk her into moving haha.

haha thanks. i already got a head start on the beers. hey, where exzactly do you live? i was showing my girl the pictures of your shed and view. i think i could talk her into moving haha.

Trail,B.C Canada...might be worth a visit anywho.

here are a few pics. i also put my new valve cover on.

P7303890.jpg

P7303891.jpg

P7303892.jpg

haha. its just so easy to bump that turn signal lever. i like the way it sounds. makes me not want to put mufflers on it. im going to run cutouts though so i can open them when i want.

Cool! It'll be great for scarin little old ladies ,dogs,cats,kids...

Sounds healthy uncorked! I really like the super clean engine bay, everything routed nice and neat.

well i just came from getting my vin verification at the police station. the cop was giving me a hard time on everything. about the motor number being different, then he said the vin plate on the car had been changed because it didnt have rivets. so he went inside, then he came out and said it was stolen. so i asked if he was serious. he said no. i didnt think it was very funny at all. i dont think he realized how much i have been stressing over this. but he ended up signing everything and thats all that matters. now im off to the dmv. wish me luck.

Congrats.
Makes me think why would he first state that it`s stolen and later on
sign the papers, doesn`t sound very serious to me. More like he just ment to give you a hard time.
I mean either he gives you a okay or he states it`s stolen and hangs on to his opinion.
Don`t get me wrong, I don`t belieave for a second that there´s anything wrong with your application. Just the cops incompitence.
Anyway, it`s all settled. Time for some cruising down town. 8)

It's a beast! Way cool car!
My first car at 15 was a 63 valiant but it had a blown 6cyl engine. Dad said I could have it if I cleaned the garage. The next day the garage was cleaned and I was sitting in my new car with an electric heater in it. (it was 5 below in Detroit). Dad just about had a heart attack when he came home from work but it worked... kept me off the streets for quite some time.

Good luck buddie!! I hope all goes well. After all that hard work you deserve a break.

That cop was an ***. Too bad he had to disgrace the uniform like that.

haha thanks guys. well i went to the dmv. i told them i have no paperwork on the car. even though i do have some old papers. i figured since the plates said 1988 as the last year registered, it would be out of the system and i could just start over. but nooooo. they told me the car was coming up registered in someone elses name. but they couldnt tell me who. so they said i would have to get a vehicle bond for the value of the car and they would have to try to contact the registered owner. frustrated i left and went to my insurance company. they said i had to go to a specialty insurance company for them to set the value of the car. so at this point i was pretty pissed off. luckily in some of the paperwork i got with the car. there was a name and phone number. so i called it. i got a hold of the guy who got the temporary registration on it in 2007. he told me the story about how he couldnt store the car so he told the guy that was storing it to just sell it and keep the money for storage. and he never heard anything else. well long story short. he lives about 40 minutes away. im going to meet him next week and he said he will fill out the sellers information. this will get me around having to jump through all the other hoops. thank god. i just want to get this dmv stuff over with. some people i talked to also told me to try and go to a different city, because the dmv i went to is known to be a pain in the ***, so i may try that when i get the paperwork filled out. well that was my day. not the most fun, but i did get the wagon insured while i was at the insurance company. now i just need to actually own it hehe.

ever had an out of state title with an in state address? try dealing with that sometime:-D I swear its worse than having no title at all!

Sorry to hear you got put thru the ringer. I have been in your place before though. The DMV can either be accomodating on this or be a thorn in your side. Once he signs it, you should be good.

Nawww, it won't be THAT easy. :angry7: DMV will probably come back at you with 21 years of accumulated fines for not properly registering the change of ownership on the car back in '88. :thebirdm:

I've seen this movie.

It was at this time that I conveniently "lost" the paperwork and started over by going with the bonded title process.

-
Back