1964-66 Dart GT color combo's

-

B-onefan

Reaction score
What color combo's did your Dart GT come with from the factory? Outside, interior paint, door panels, carpet?

My 65 Dart GT convertible (build date 4/3/65) was painted 88-1 Yellow (prior to April 1, 65 it was a special order color) with black interior and top.

My 65 Dart wagon is white with a blue interior.

my 66 convertible was gold paint with gold interior and a black top
my wife's was black paint with pearl white interior with a black top

My 64 Dart GT had White ext with a champage strip down the side and a champage and dark green int. from cal. one owner,all records,build in cal., I have factory paint sheets if that will help

1964 Dart GT
Built Feb 1964 in L.A. Ca.

Ivory exterior
Black vinyl seats and door panels
Black Carpet
Black interior paint
Black exterior GT spear stripes

What color is the dash and door tops?
Do you have any pictures of the interior?
What color is the carpet?

Interior metal appears to be same color as exterior. Dash top is a matte cocoa brown, same as the defroster vents. Carpet, seat back panels and door cards lowers were originally gold. I'll try to post pics next time I check on the car (currently in storage). I've been meaning to take a few shots of original details to answer some questions on 65dartcharger's resto thread.

64 gt
white with black stripe ,black interior with a white headliner

Gold Exterior, Gold Dash and Interior Door Tops, Pearl White Upholstery, Gold (actually Saddle) Carpet, White Top.

I really like it on a convertible when the door metal and tops of quarters are the same color inside and out.

Black Exterior, Red seats,Carpet,Door Panels, All Steel Painted Black and it had a white Headliner. Was the white headliner a thing back in the 60's?

Mine was red car,red interio, red 1/4 roof...but when it was new they had the seats n headliner done in red leather...

My old '64 GT I had in the early 70's was lite blue with dark blue stripe, blue interior. My
"new" 64 GT is faded white with a dark blue stripe, blue interior. At least, the stripe used to be blue before I scrubbed off the rust and primed it. The new one will be painted the same as my old one. Don't we all want to recapture our youth? As beat as my new one is, I still love driving it. It seriously needs an overhaul - the poor old slanty is very tired - but I hate to have the downtime from driving it that it will take to rebuild it!!

My 66 Dart was Gold Poly Metallic with a black vinyl top and black interior. This picture was when I saw it first before I hauled it home. tmm

Attachments

• randalia3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 140
The '64 Dart GT I had.. .that I am trying to recreate (another thread called 'engine swap') was the ivory/yellow color w/ back trim, black interior. And it was a rare one cause it had 3 tree manual trans, prob not too common in the GT line.

-
Back