1965 Barracuda

-

B-onefan

Reaction score
Had a little time this afternoon, so I decided I would swap the front hubs on the Barracuda since the previous owner put them on the wrong side. Simple job, just take them off, clean the rust off and clean the threads, paint and put them back on the proper side. Took off the drivers side first, outer bearing came out in pieces, inner bearing ok. Great, now I have to go try and find a new outer bearing. Took off the passenger side, inner bearing comes apart in pieces! Now I have to find one of those also so I can get the car rolling. So, I take the good inner and good outer and put the passenger side together. I plan on completely rebuilding the brakes, wheel bearings and hoses later on so I wasn't wanting to buy stuff now just to get it a roller. So now one side is rolling, parts are in town, so tomorrow I will go get what I need and put the other side together.

705964EF-A0AD-40F3-A78C-995ABCEE5C1B.jpeg

5445555D-64C0-45DB-B16B-684E917F1401.jpeg

"How long will this phone repair take? I need to go in 15 minutes...." 4 hours Ma'am...:)

Inners/outers for 9's are Timken SET4 and SET1.
for 10's:inners Timken SET6 and outers SET2

Interesting. Have yet to redo mine,but dust caps are gone. Pishta, have a number for them too? I will find some, if not i will turn out a set on my lathe.

I remembered I have a wrecked hard Dart that had 10” brakes. And it’s not like I am taking apart a roller.

Interesting. Have yet to redo mine,but dust caps are gone. Pishta, have a number for them too? I will find some, if not i will turn out a set on my lathe.

PN 1613416 discontinued

turn out a few sets, as they will go fast. How about a nice flat face.
I believe your shooting for a 1.790 OD slip fit. Id actually like a big set for the 8 3/4 rear axles. Kinda ugly with that big nothing sitting there at the center of your steelies with the nice chrome lugs.

Mr Gasket 2485
mrg-2485_ml.jpg

Last edited:
Took the diameter, went on ctd site and cane up with dc10. So dust caps are available. Trailer hub dust caps.

-
Back