1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Looking at the photo I posted of my power steering pump,
I woild say it goes up toward the filler neck.
Also your 45 degree one looks like a brazzing job done at a latter date

Looking at the photo I posted of my power steering pump,
I woild say it goes up toward the filler neck.
Also your 45 degree one looks like a brazzing job done at a latter date

I checkee all the partsbook before we took off last night and I think you are right. There was just one partnumber. And the way it works now it is pointed toward the battery tray with almost no space for the hose! Thanks for the input.

I brought my NOS radiator car from the worn out box. The cap is still mint condition. But it has 16 for A/C cars! My old one from teh wagon has 14 which I beleive is from cars without A/C. The only difference seems to be the text "Pat pending" and the number.

So does anyone have one of those non A/C radiator caps for sale?

The front bumper has the turn signal assemblies on the 65 Dart. After some checking I found out that the turn signal housing was painted black from factory. This means that all NOS turn signal assemblies that can be found on Ebay every now and then is assembly line correct.

The lower bracket for the front licence plate is mounted with two bolt and nuts. What finish did it have from factory?

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 644
  • 042.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 656
  • 035.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 641
  • 036.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 635
I went through the partsbook but I could not found out if the lower bracket also has those plastic plugs. I know for sure that here in Sweden they did not. How was it in US? In that case I need to dig up two more plugs.

Any help is appriciated.

Yes, plastic inserts in the lower two square holes, to accept the lower licence plate screws for North American-sized plates.

The radiator cap you're after is available as a reproduction part.

Yes, plastic inserts in the lower two square holes, to accept the lower licence plate screws for North American-sized plates.

The radiator cap you're after is available as a reproduction part.

Those plastic inserts, where there 4 of them at the rear too? Mine just had the upper two.

Where is the cap availible?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get an NOS plug for the rear end cover? I really need one so I can close that part.

BTW, for all of you I have changed my mind regarding the valve covers. My friend Don (65 dartman) helped me to shoot some paint on them and they were way better then my job but after Don and I saw the result on the latest valve covers Leanna did for 72duster I think it was, I was sold. They are on the way to Leanna so I hope I can have them soon so I can complete the engine.

Ulf, there's quite a few in line right now -- 18 or 19 -- but I'll do my best to get them on the way as quickly as I can. Thanks for your confidence! I hope it's well placed ... I've never worked on anything as particular as yours.

Ulf, there's quite a few in line right now -- 18 or 19 -- but I'll do my best to get them on the way as quickly as I can. Thanks for your confidence! I hope it's well placed ... I've never worked on anything as particular as yours.

I really liked what I saw so now I'm waiting.....!

During this time I have a bunch of other stuff to work with too.

The hook for the bumper jack is another issue. I found in my car two of them. Which one is correct for 1965 Dart? Any help is appriciated.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 537
  • 003.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 523
  • 002.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 539
  • 001.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 549
Let me take a look at the original stuff for my Detroit-built 65 convertible as well as my LA built wagon. 2 different assembly plants might mean 2 different suppliers for the jack parts?

Ulf and Don, the valve covers arrived yesterday in the mail. I see now why they ended up here. :-D Thanks guys!!

Yep that wrinkle paint they now sell is crap. Whenever I get off my tail and finish what I have to do on my 392 valve covers, you'll be getting them for the same treatment!

That sounds good to me Don. But this time, please keep your tape. That stuff is embedded in that paint job like a 20-something gold digger on Donald Trump ......... :-D

That sounds good to me Don. But this time, please keep your tape. That stuff is embedded in that paint job like a 20-something gold digger on Donald Trump ......... :-D

OK you got it! Won't be any masking on the Hemi valve covers.

Leanna! Would it be possible to get an estimated time when they can be ready. No rush! I prefer quality.

Don! Was the pole for the bumper jack a three corner pole of an pressed tube?

Leanna! Would it be possible to get an estimated time when they can be ready. No rush! I prefer quality.

Don! Was the pole for the bumper jack a three corner pole of an pressed tube?

I've been cranking them out here lately Ulf so it might be sooner, but the turnaround time is usually 8-12 weeks. It always depends on how many jobs are here at any given time, and it's been 15+ (usually closer to 25) for well over 3 years now.

I've been cranking them out here lately Ulf so it might be sooner, but the turnaround time is usually 8-12 weeks. It always depends on how many jobs are here at any given time, and it's been 15+ (usually closer to 25) for well over 3 years now.

After all the work Don and I have put on the covers you are the one to take care of them. The paint nowadays is crap. And they ship it to Sweden and sell it as good stuff!!!!!! You could probably do good business over here Leanna!

... You could probably do good business over here Leanna!

I am. :-D I got you didn't I???

Seriously though Ulf, it's an honor to have you on board. I've had quite a few Canadian customers, and one each from Alaska and Hawaii, but you're my first from so far away. I hope to do that fine ride some justice!

I did some reading tonight and in an old Dodge Reporter I found an ad for University Dodge in Palo Alto, CA. That was in fact the dealership that sold my DartCharger!! How cool is that.

Does anyone know if they still are in business?

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 463
Today a package showed up from Don. In it was reproduced vacuum hose for Mopar with right pattern.

This is how the check valve looked for 1964 and 1965 V8 A-bodies w/power brakes. The check valve is manufactured by Bendix. The easiest way to buy it is checking out the GM section on Ebay!!!!! It was the same check valve as the midsize GM cars had the first five years of the sixties!

Now I just need the 5/8" wire clamp.

I also need a mint air ceaner with outlet for crankcase breather cap. This is how the hose looks like. Does anyone have mint used one for sale? NOS will do too!

Was there a gasket between the carburator and the air cleaner? I have never seen one on the Carter AFBs.

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

-
Back