1965 Valiant

-
Tore apart the driver side and got it broke free.
Looks like the upper mount on the driver side shock snapped and it sags low. Up on blocks for now

So as I cleaned off the gunk on the car yesterday I started realizing that some of the red rust area after being cleaned is actually the red coat of paint underneath the white.
The rust is only bad on the floor pans from where the car sank into the dirt.
Frame is still white from the factory just needs the dust knocked off.
I'm loving everything about this car

Please correct me if I'm wrong but number on the inside of the driver door is VIN number?
V357163697

V*- Plymouth*Valiant/Barracuda
3 - Valiant 200,*Fury,*Polara,*Dart 270,*New*Yorker,LeBaron.
5 - 1965
7 - Saint Louis, MO
163697 - sequence number

Well I got my shop vac working.
Got all the garbage and dirt that's been in it since it was parked out and then ripped carpet up and front seat out.
I found holes.
Only holes in the entire car are floors.
Anyone know where to buy best floor pans?

Attachments

• 20150619_154254.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 332
Been posting on the Members Resto thread but thought Id share here too.
Since i've cleaned the car out, I have also removed the old gas tank, finally broke free the rear diff. Im going to pull the 7 1/4 out and set it to the side for now. Id like to find a bigger diff.

Ill keep everyone posted on progress

Well I got my shop vac working.
Got all the garbage and dirt that's been in it since it was parked out and then ripped carpet up and front seat out.
I found holes.
Only holes in the entire car are floors.
Anyone know where to buy best floor pans?

There's not a lot of metal available for early A's but Auto Body Specialties in Connecticut has floor pans listed for your Valiant. You have to look under the Barracuda section.

Yeah but the shipping on that would kill me. I'm in Texas.
how hard is it to just build floor pans?
Only want to go from under the pedals to right in front of the back seat. 4 foot or so worth on each side. Everything from back seat back looks decent.

Well, Hello everyone - been a while since I posted here and am officially ready to put money into the project -
I moved to San Angelo in November and left my valiant right south of DFW (Texas) - I sold my turd (2002 Dakota) today and im ready to actually move it out here and get it tore down/rebuilt
Expect pictures coming soon!

Glad for the progress (at last) report. Been a while since I posted as well. Other priorities, ya know... Let us know what's up.

BC

Awesome man! Keep us posted and don't forget to ask for help, that 2 door you spoke of on FB I would still highly suggest over this one since it's in much better condition, but you could still manage restoring a more door!

- '65 Plymouth Valiant 318 Magnum V8 (Carbureted).

Attachments

• IMG_2241-edit.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMAG1226.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 247
Soooooooo....
Things have kind of changed.. big time...
My more door is going to stay its cozy *** in Texas on my property and we are picking up to move to Virginia, I am already out here but cant officially move till july.

so that being said i dont know if I will be around much but I am in the market for some type of mopar 1963-1975 we shall see..

What's going on everyone, well I'm working to get the title transfered on my 65 before anything happens to my great grandma.
I bought a 93 dodge dakota since being in Virginia, I couldn't pass $300 cash.
Hope everyone is doing good.

Things are as well as can be expected. I too have a 65 Valiant, or actually a couple of them, and I have too many vehicles. Might you be interested in acquiring another 65 Valiant four door?to work on? I don't know where you are in Virginia but this car is located in Pennsylvania.

Hey man, good to know you're still around. Me, too. Just had a bunch of personal stuff, V.A. stuff, and other interests. My A bodies (the '64 ragtop and a '64 coupe) have been gathering dust, but getting some more attention lately. don't know what title issues are in Va, but here in Texas ya need another form to request a title change. More money for the system, but what can ya do??? If ya plan to move the Val to Va, be sure to check on issues there. And get great grandma to finish the Texas transfer. Keep us posted, and I'll do better as well!

Happy to hear you're still alive! :). Lot's has gone on throughout this year, one of the best things I've done for this site was I wrote an article on a DIY Magnum Swap. So if you're interested in swapping in a small block Magnum 318/360, here's the link! Hope for the best on your project(s)!

DIY - MAGNUM SWAP!!

Man, been almost 3 years - crazy how time flies.
Well I went home last year and moved the car, put fresh tires and loaded it up; moved it over to another piece of property but, should be back in TX next year - we will see what type of shape my poor old **** box is in and see what I can come up with to build out of it

93DFED0A-B554-4C81-B324-638CBF3063B6.jpeg

Glad you are stickin with it. I wondered where you went.

Yeah man, life can get the best of you sometimes - been talking with my wife about driving VA to TX to snag up the car and get the floors started or done while we are here. I’ve got a 80x100 Quonset hut at my office so makes stuff super simple lol

There's not a lot of metal available for early A's but Auto Body Specialties in Connecticut has floor pans listed for your Valiant. You have to look under the Barracuda section.

The floor pans from Auto Body Suppliers are very good reproductions. I used both fronts and the right rear in my 65z. With some minor trimming , they are nearly a drop in ready to weld. Shipping to VA was not hateful.

-
Back