1966 Valiant Sedan V8 Swap (Victoria)

-
Woo Hoo, you go cuz, you go! FYI our SIL up in mammoth has been playing gigs at James Ranch? He does a lot of solo acoustic stuff. He just went down to LR to see a buddy and they picked up enough gigs over the weekend to pay for the whole weekend of enjoyment.

Woo Hoo, you go cuz, you go! FYI our SIL up in mammoth has been playing gigs at James Ranch? He does a lot of solo acoustic stuff. He just went down to LR to see a buddy and they picked up enough gigs over the weekend to pay for the whole weekend of enjoyment.
Not sure what SIL is.. but its always great to pop in and get a gig or two to pay travel expenses.

James Ranch or the Lodge is over by you in Pocahontas.

No brake lines bent yet, but just need to bend 2 ft up near the master cylinder, thought I would give an update on this Thanksgiving day.
Picked up a nice pair of 15 inch tires (used) for $80.00 for my rear wheels I will run temporarily as I pull her out of the shop for a shake down run off the hill.
Everyone have a great, memorable Thanksgiving
I was gifted with a visit a few weeks ago from a member that just recently moved his family and business to northwest Arkansas, what a super treat to spend some fun times with @Sublime one

20221121_150343.jpg

20221121_150355.jpg

20221109_212611.jpg

20221027_112832.jpg

20221027_112819.jpg

No brake lines bent yet, but just need to bend 2 ft up near the master cylinder, thought I would give an update on this Thanksgiving day.
Picked up a nice pair of 15 inch tires (used) for $80.00 for my rear wheels I will run temporarily as I pull her out of the shop for a shake down run off the hill.
I was gifted with a visit a few weeks ago from a member that just recently moved his family and business to northwest Arkansas, what a super treat to spend some fun times with @Sublime one

View attachment 1716014619

View attachment 1716014620

View attachment 1716014622

View attachment 1716014623

View attachment 1716014625
Oh no, that looks like trouble. Turkey cheers!

View attachment 1716014619

That's a great choice of shifters!

That's a great choice of shifters!
Thank you @RustyRatRod
I payed 60 for a new quick Silver I had a couple years ago , new, never installed, sold it for 90 and put 70 with it and bought the super B&M shifter, you are right, these are so much smoother and easy to use, so I have 130.00 in a 350 dollar shifter.
Now you know how I got my nick name Mr. HAYNEY :lol:. If someone needs something and knows me, I can find it and make them and I happy.

So today I pulled the headers off (that gets them out of my way) to install that shifter cable Rusty, and my kick down cable, header wrap near my brake lines, starter and transmission.
I wanted to hear the valve train and cam bearings because this engine sat ten years , but done properly, kept it turned, clean and dry. I put near 45 minutes or more run time on it, and she sounds strong and full of compassion (compression, but Compassion still works) lifters would stay pumped up about 2 weeks it seems, I could go out after 7 days and could hear nothing, I hear them at the first 1.600 seconds (second and a half) after 3 weeks so I am confident to keep moving forward.
Life is worth living, and when I get to have a sweet old mopar to take time out of my norm, it's a blessing :thumbsup:

And anyone fallowing this that knows where this sweet lady came from and how , I thank you all once again.
I live it my way, and build them my way, a pony car with 350hp is a very fun and economical way to get my kicks anyway :lol:

20230102_140501.jpg

Last edited:
This pipe goes right next to my starter and brake lines, picking up some stainless steel straps tomorrow

20230103_155632.jpg

You have put a lot in to it since you got it. I am sure Tony Fields would be very proud of how you have taken care of it, Joe

You have put a lot in to it since you got it. I am sure Tony Fields would be very proud of how you have taken care of it, Joe
Thank you Joe, it gave me 7 fun years of driving as a daily driver as well, now it keeps me happy and young harted as I do all these upgrades. 2023 will be a great year.

Mike, you need to hustle up on getting Victoria back on the road. It's been just over 6 years since you started the V8 conversion. Hey bud I'm only pulling your chain, I'm really glad to see you are taking your time and doing things in stages. I wish you the very best. DR

Mike, you need to hustle up on getting Victoria back on the road. It's been just over 6 years since you started the V8 conversion. Hey bud I'm only pulling your chain, I'm really glad to see you are taking your time and doing things in stages. I wish you the very best. DR
Thank you DR, and its true, I need to get her back on the road and visit some members.
Stainless steel straps installed yesterday

20230104_125709.jpg

20230104_125657.jpg

Removed D150 kick down and shifter levers, installed lokar kick down and B&M shifter and cable, put Victoria back on jack stands on the rear front frame rails and back tires, to many up and down trips for a 64 year old , but I got it done, had to build my own kick down holding bracket, took the time to run 12 rounds threw my side arm. Was a good day yesterday, but I am feeling it this morning

20230117_142503.jpg

20230117_182644.jpg

20230119_160614.jpg

20230207_130526.jpg

20230207_130446.jpg

20230207_110146.jpg

Transmission would not make it back in place with that part I made above, had to make another, fits in place now, first picture is sticking out to far, second works

20230207_130446.jpg

20230211_130424.jpg

-
Back