1967 Barracuda Wiper wiring

-

pukstopr

Reaction score
I have a 67 cuda that I am finishing restoring. I got new wiring harnesses for everything but the wiper harness. My problem is the previous owner had cut the ends off the wires going to the wiper motor as well as the wiper motor ends themselves.

Also I goofed and took this a part several years ago and dont remember which goes to which.:eek:ops:

I have the wiring diagrams but they just show the 4 wires going to the motor not the wire or connector each goes to.

Does anyone know which color wire from the harness goes to each spot on the motor? There are 2 wires that go into the body of the motor and another 2 external connections.

Don't know if this picture will help or not. This is the wiring of the wiper motor on my 1967 Barracuda.

Attachments

• 1967 wiper motor.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,520
Thanks for the reply, My motor has 2 wires going into the brush (the right side in the picture) area. And then also the 2 wires going to the terminals that are soldered on yours.

I believe I have the standard 2 speed wiper, I guess you must have the upgraded set up.

Every wiper motor should have a connector on the end that goes to the bulk head connector at far right. Those connection are in factory wiring diagrams.
If you don't have that connector you could buy one with some length of factory wires still in it. I think that would be the easiest route.

Thanks for the replies. My problem is neither the wiring harness or the wiper motor have the connectors any longer. For some reason they were cut off.
I have the wiring diagrams but they don't show where each wire goes on the wiper motor itself. So I am looking for where each of the wires ( green, red , blue and brown) go to on the motor. I will use (or make) a new connector once I know where to correctly hook up to on the motor.

I could not have come a cross this post at a better time! I'm am also restoring my '67 barracuda and took it apart a long time ago(six years). Not to mention all my masking tape markings have faded and are no longer readable.

More questions will be coming from me about wiring i'm sure!

~Emily

I started my 68 at about the same time.
I have a new year one dash harness but cannot figure out how to connect my wiper switch.
None of the plugs fit the variable wiper switch or a 2sp switch I have...
I was pretty sure that I ordered a harness for a 3sp wiper....

Anyone have a pic of a 68 switch and plug?

The switches I have might be from a different year.

I have a new year one dash harness but cannot figure out how to connect my wiper switch.

We bought a year one harness for my son's 71 valiant and it did not have the wiring for the heater blower... WTF?

I may be able to get a pic of a 68 and/or 67 barracuda wiper motors if you all need one. I can check tomorrow morning. I have both a 67 & 68 Barracuda.

do you have the part number of the switch you have?

3488839 for the 2sp. Which show its a later PN.
The varible speed switch is installed already so I cant read the PN.
Here is a pic of them from the back and another pic of what I believe should be the wiring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,070
The part # of my year one harness
I have googled this PN and cant find a reference to it. I bought it about 7 yrs ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 952
Oops radio wires in the way.... (Another circuit that appears to be missing from harness)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 928
2nd set of pics is a 2spd. 1st set of pics could be a variable speed or 2spd. Easiest way to tell is by how many wires go to the bulkhead connector.
3 wires=2spd. 4 wires=Variable speed.

your connector plugs in to that switch and leaves 1 connector un-used, (at least on my 2spd set-up) line up the pink wire with the "B" terminal, the v shaped connector with the red/green wires sits inside the V of the big connector.

the wires fit the switch as follows... look close on the back of thw switch its labeled.

Pink=B
Brown=A
Blue=P1
Green=P2
Red=H

BTW Passion for Mopars, I recently redid my wipers with a aftermarket switch and info from your website and posts saved my bacon!!!

Thanks,

JOE

That's the proper switch. What's your issue?

None of the harness plugs match up to terminals on the switch. I can get the 5 wire plug to kinda connect but that leaves 3 unhooked... And one of the terminals under the 4 pin plug has no wire going to it.

Pic... The 2 wire L shaped plug does not match up to any of the remaining terminals.. It may be the terminals may have spun but I am reluctant to try to move them for fear of ruining switch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 905
None of the harness plugs match up to terminals on the switch. I can get the 5 wire plug to kinda connect but that leaves 3 unhooked... And one of the terminals under the 4 pin plug has no wire going to it.
Kinda forget the plug for now and go here:
http://www.passion4mopars.com/Mopar-E-Body-Variable-Speed-Wiper-Switch-Wiring_b_39.html
It says E Body but it's the same for early A and B Variable wipers.
Figure out you wiring first and configure them in the right sequence in the plug.....or plug them in individually.:burnout:

Well, I tried to post your answer TWICE but I guess since it has a link to the wiring diagram it has to be approved by a mod.

-
Back