1967 Cuda FB project

-
Mocking up front suspension. Took some pics. Decided to add a support bar to the upper shock mount just to be safe. Seems to be turning out nicely. Need to get some shocks and steering rack. Haven't decided which rack to go with yet.
View attachment WP_20150121_001.jpg

View attachment WP_20150121_003.jpg

View attachment WP_20150122_001.jpg

View attachment WP_20150122_002.jpg

View attachment WP_20150122_003.jpg

Anybody know the length of the shock approx. Need to make jig to set up front suspension.:prayer:

Latemodelrestoration.com sells power Mustang II r & p for $ 299.00. That's almost free isn't it ? Lol

Actually, I can get them through my business for less than 200. I like engineering and fabricating things. Neighbor has a bunch of cars/trucks I can prolly get a rack for less than 50 bucks and make it work. :D

My wife has me on a VERY short spending leash. lol

No, I have been researching power racks. What is available to me and what isn't. Free is good around here. lol

You can get the rack and pinion from Orielly Auto or rock auto for $99.00 that is what I have in my 68 its a remanufactured unit but I have no problems with it. If you need the part # let me know or just look up under 78 mustang ll.

You can get the rack and pinion from Orielly Auto or rock auto for $99.00 that is what I have in my 68 its a remanufactured unit but I have no problems with it. If you need the part # let me know or just look up under 78 mustang ll.

I can get them as cheap as 68.00, but, the core is 80-110 bucks. :D

I got my front control arms tacked in and I tried the fender on to see where the spindle ended up. Came out right in the center. I made a loop for the top of the new shock mount and welded plates on the ends to weld to the frame for added support.
View attachment WP_20150124_001.jpg
I flipped the car over and welded in the cross member I made for the shocks to mount to. Then I welded a plate to it and the floor where the pinion snubber slap plate used to be. I doubled this up as I am going to weld the upper 4-link bars in this area.
View attachment WP_20150124_003.jpg

Hey I just found your build. It looks damn good. I wish I would have found it a week ago because I just spent 250 bones getting my 8 3/4 narrowed and would rather have the bar and pucks to do it myself for future use. any way..

I was wondering if you just used your old upper control arms to make your jig for your upper tubulars?

Keep up the work

:burnout:
Shawn

dude, its looking great...
fyi- just dashes can and probably would just re-vaccum wrap that dash pad. I have modded many a dash, shipped it off with bondo smoothing the work, the wraped it up and it looked like new.
or, SEM makes a product called "texture spray" which would make it look like abs plastic. also SEM "trim black" looks like the black / satin finish you are looking for.

I would also like to know what your doing for that wiper motor....
also, I want eliminate my wing window, lets team up on the glass and track for that...

I would also like to know what your doing for that wiper motor....
I have a universal motor and drive system from a street rod. IIRC, it came from one of the street rod places that makes the elec window mechs and all that stuff. We just put one in a cobra and the motor mounts wherever you have room for it. Here is one place: http://www.specialtypowerwindows.com/products.php?c=2 another: http://www.ezwiring.com/wiper_motors.html
also, I want eliminate my wing window, lets team up on the glass and track for that..
Need the tracks, etc. from a 72 up dart? I know the glass is straight on top but I was gonna sand a curve in it with a belt sander. It's not much of a curve. lol Could just do it with the sand blaster also.

:cheers:

Man, I wish I saved all that crap from years ago....................

Im working on making a mustang II cross member work on my duster and am thinking about making my lowers now that I have saw your build.

Did you use the same ball joint in the lowers as you used in the uppers?

What size tubing did you use for your upper and lower control arms?

Are you going to use a rear sump oil pan?

thanks
Shawn
:burnout:

-
Back