1967 Cuda FB project

-
Looks good.....that's the same process I used a couple years ago when I made mine. keep up the good work !

Attachments

• duster%20005.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 376
snk, I really like the spoiler. I'm wondering, unless I missed it. You said your not using any trim? How are you gonna incorporate the tail lights?

Finished making the spoiler. Just have to spend a couple hours welding and grinding. :D
I like it. Flows well with the trunk lid and the quarters.
View attachment 1714814549

View attachment 1714814550

View attachment 1714814551

View attachment 1714814552

View attachment 1714814553

Sprinkling, can't blast. That's alright, my back says it doesn't want to anyway. :protest:
Looks great buddy!!!!
I really like your spoiler design.
Guess what I did today?
Not much of it but my fsh rolled a bit today. I think I need a new carb though. It aint workin
right.

snk, I really like the spoiler. I'm wondering, unless I missed it. You said your not using any trim? How are you gonna incorporate the tail lights?

Not gonna have chrome/polished trim. I am looking at the back panel now with the spoiler and thinking it would look really good with a flushed look........ Have to take a closer look at those tail lights.
Might have to mock up the t.light/trunk panel to see what looks best.

Anybody have a set of junk t.light housings I can "f" up???? :D

I have a pair of tail lights with the lenses in decent shape. Do you want to get rid of the trunk lid trim pieces? I need those.

I have a pair of tail lights with the lenses in decent shape. Do you want to get rid of the trunk lid trim pieces? I need those.

I am looking for a pair of tail light housings that are damaged or just plain crappy and can't be used without making the car look bad. Thinking about cutting the "trim" portion off and mounting flush with the quarter panel. Maybe only using the deck lid center section.

My top piece is fairly well but the bottom piece needs work. Twisted and has some small dents that could be massaged out and polished.

Glad to see some progress on the top side. I've been really itching to see your body mods take shape.

I was thinking about your glass modifications since you'd mentioned the idea of eliminating the gasket & trim. If you install the windshield like a modern car I imagine you'd have to modify the windshield opening to make it smaller and to move the glass out far enough to be flush with the body. - That'll be an interesting process.

- Spoiler looks good. Are the standard springs able to support the additional weight?

Glad to see some progress on the top side. I've been really itching to see your body mods take shape.

I was thinking about your glass modifications since you'd mentioned the idea of eliminating the gasket & trim. If you install the windshield like a modern car I imagine you'd have to modify the windshield opening to make it smaller and to move the glass out far enough to be flush with the body. - That'll be an interesting process.

- Spoiler looks good. Are the standard springs able to support the additional weight?

This got my mind working yesterday and I talked with a guy who used to build hot rods. He would weld in some round stock between where the glass would go and the body to fill the glass to get the flush look. I think on our cars we would need a piece of flat stock to raise the glass to flush with the body as well. Not sure how thick though as I have not seen how thick the gasket is, nor hoe the window sits without it yet. I may look into doing this as I don't want to deal with the trim strips of a '67 or finding 68-69 trim and modifying. I think with this method it would allow for the use of stock interior trim with no mods as well.

Not gonna have chrome/polished trim. I am looking at the back panel now with the spoiler and thinking it would look really good with a flushed look........ Have to take a closer look at those tail lights.
Might have to mock up the t.light/trunk panel to see what looks best.

Anybody have a set of junk t.light housings I can "f" up???? :D

I believe I have a set of crappy ones. PM me if no one else has a set for you.Thanks,Joe

Finally got the front hubs turned and got rid of the factory rotor. Will shorten them up in the morning and fit them to the front spindles. Hopefully I get some time blasting the rest of the bottom so I can get that buttoned up and off the spit.
The spit is good for what I have all done so far but working on the top of the car sideways sucks. Need to finish top areas before bodywork.
So, this thing needs to be a roller soon!!!! Dammit! :D

Yours will be coming off and mine will be going on. Wish I was further on mine but I love all your mods and I might steal a few if you dont mind. Love the wing! Keep it up!

Yours will be coming off and mine will be going on. Wish I was further on mine but I love all your mods and I might steal a few if you dont mind. Love the wing! Keep it up!

Thanks! Got the hubs turned this morning. Forgot to take pics tho. Will take some this afternoon.

:burnout:

Cleaned up some welds on the pass side spoiler. I really like it a lot.
View attachment WP_20150515_001.jpg
View attachment WP_20150515_002.jpg

Pic of hubs narrowed to fit the 2" drop spindles.
View attachment WP_20150515_003.jpg
These are rotor/hub assemblies that I cut the rotor off and narrowed about 1/2". They came from the 70 Challenger project.

Got a set of crappy tail light housings from a member and cut the "trim" off. Put the tail light in and trial fit. I am going to like the "flush" look better with the spoiler.
View attachment WP_20150515_007.jpg
View attachment WP_20150515_008.jpg

I just have to build up the area around the tail light to match the deck lid height.

= I think the trimless look probably will work well with the spoiler. - Without the spoiler though, the back might have seemed a bit too vanilla.

= I think the trimless look probably will work well with the spoiler. - Without the spoiler though, the back might have seemed a bit too vanilla.

Correct. But with the spoiler, the trim clashes with the flow. I think the center section will work tho. Needs something in the middle.

Correct. But with the spoiler, the trim clashes with the flow. I think the center section will work tho. Needs something in the middle.

You don't mess around do you? It looks nice shaved down. I think the center needs to be there as well.

-
Back