1967 Cuda FB project

-
Hay Snkebit, You still not feeling well?
Also, I think you mentioned that John was sick as well.
Hopefully you both get on the mend soon or i'm liable to run out of good reading material.

Hey since John is on house duty, I am venturing out and looking at other restoration threads. The only problem is that you guys make me feel so inferior with your progress. I recently injured my hand building a foundation for a tough shed, so my hopeful start on my cuda is delayed for awhile again. Very nice work and car Snkbit, you have skills that I dream about! I agree with you ariffle, my reading material is being compromised by these guys, and they need to get on the stick lol!

LOL at you guys!!! I will be hard at it next week after the Viper meet. Starting to feel somewhat more normal everyday. Man, been 3 weeks already with this crap....
I am having withdrawals too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :protest:

Glad to hear your on the mend. My nieghbor just bought a newer vette. I went over to see it and told him I liked his chevy viper. He looked at me funny and I showed him the heavy simularities between them and he seems a bit unhappy. Has anybody else noticed this or am I just loosing my mind.

Glad to hear your on the mend. My nieghbor just bought a newer vette. I went over to see it and told him I liked his chevy viper. He looked at me funny and I showed him the heavy simularities between them and he seems a bit unhappy. Has anybody else noticed this or am I just loosing my mind.

Yeah, as a Viper guy I have to agree to some degree. Though really the Vette reminds me a bit of a 458 Ferrari as well. Mostly the headlights. They're still nice looking cars and awesome value for the money. I grew up on Vettes, so I can't hate on them too much. I prefer Vipers now though.

Yeah, as a Viper guy I have to agree to some degree. Though really the Vette reminds me a bit of a 458 Ferrari as well. Mostly the headlights. They're still nice looking cars and awesome value for the money. I grew up on Vettes, so I can't hate on them too much. I prefer Vipers now though.

Wow! your right! I never noticed that.

OK... mash a Ferrari 458 and new Viper together to make the front, make the tail lights similar to the new Camaro, and put the guy who designed the Pontiac Aztek in charge of the design for the new Corvette and this is what you get...

A little side note on your car. If the license plate I am seeing is correct, then your car wasn't originally sold until 1968. It must have sat on the lot for a while.Understand how DMV dispensed the numbers. I worked for a dealer and bought a 1968 cuda 383. That was past midyear and the plates were WRL197. Good luck on your car and above all, have fun.

Well, worked on the spoiler a little this morning. Welded up some on the "insides" of the spoiler when trunk is open. (pieces in the gap). Now need to grind down some more welds.
Nice out today, might blast some more after work. Need to get the bottom buttoned up and painted.

:glasses7:

Blasted most of the bottom of the car yesterday. :cheers: Forgot to take some pics. I will today sometime. Getting close to some kind of finish on the bottom!!! :blob::glasses7:

Spent a couple hours this morning blowing sand and mouse house remnants from the frame rails, etc. The wife sprayed some sealer on the bottom so it wouldn't flash rust while I finish up a few smaller things before the undercoating and suspension goes back on.
View attachment WP_20150615_002.jpg

View attachment WP_20150615_003.jpg
My wife spraying sealer.
View attachment WP_20150615_004.jpg
Two different color sealers.
View attachment WP_20150615_005.jpg
All sealed up on the bottom!!!!
View attachment WP_20150615_006.jpg
Wooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!

Spent a couple hours this morning blowing sand and mouse house remnants from the frame rails, etc. The wife sprayed some sealer on the bottom so it wouldn't flash rust while I finish up a few smaller things before the undercoating and suspension goes back on.
View attachment 1714822961

View attachment 1714822962
My wife spraying sealer.
View attachment 1714822963
Two different color sealers.
View attachment 1714822964
All sealed up on the bottom!!!!
View attachment 1714822965
Wooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!

Nice work!
Wheels on the ground soon............ :burnout:

Very clean. I have a 66 Barracuda I'm restoring here in Phoenix. Gotta love the old southwest Mopars, man. Hardly any rust in the car at all.

Very clean. I have a 66 Barracuda I'm restoring here in Phoenix. Gotta love the old southwest Mopars, man. Hardly any rust in the car at all.

Yup, the Cuda came from Cali and the Road Runner was from down south somewhere too. Both cars had almost no rust. I love that, the bolts come out! LOL

Finally got to work on the Cuda today. Blasted the engine compartment getting ready for sealer. Didn't take any pics of the Cuda but I got a couple of the wife's Road Runner. She took it out of storage and cleaned it up a little for a local car show.
View attachment 1714825646

You didn't tell me you ALREADY had a Roadrunner! - The paint looks pretty nice in the pics. Is that a candy?

Don't know if this is gonna work......
[ame]https://youtu.be/0vzTa2xi0oY[/ame]

Have to figure out how to turn up the sound with my phone.

Finally got to work on the Cuda today. Blasted the engine compartment getting ready for sealer. Didn't take any pics of the Cuda but I got a couple of the wife's Road Runner. She took it out of storage and cleaned it up a little for a local car show.
View attachment 1714825646

You didn't tell me you ALREADY had a Roadrunner! - The paint looks pretty nice in the pics. Is that a candy?

House of Color something. Don't remember any more. LOL She still looks good after all these years,,,,,,,, so does wife. :glasses7:

I got some more blasted. The engine compartment and the area behind the rear tubs. Need to get something on the bare metal now. I know the engine compartment will be body color but I'm on the fence about the trunk area........... I will take some pics this morning. :D

I should have invested funds in the company that produces that green pigment. My shares would be growing in $$ just by the sales for your cars. Looks like it won't be long until the Cuda gets some color on the inner panels & underneath. How'd you do at the road course event?

I was working on a "brand-X" to pay some bills and looked over at my Viper...
Had to take a pic, it's just bad-***. :glasses7:
I know it's dirty, haven't cleaned it up from the Nebraska trip yet.
View attachment 1714826072

You call that dirty? That looks pristine compared to the mess mine was when I got it home. Granted driving it all the way out and back didn't help it much. It's funny to hear people complain about brake dust on their street cars. Mine literally poured out dust when I took the wheels off. You could see if flying just hitting the lugnuts with an impact.

Attachments

• Brake Dust.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 277
-
Back