1968 Barracuda Notch - Plano, TX

-
Just took 2 weeks off work. Mostly out of town. Need to spend some quality time in the garage the next few days.
DSC09675.JPG

You know I had to look at that picture a couple of times to see that it was your car the reflection is on and not a mirror.

Pulled the project out of mothballs, can spend money on the car again! Washed the car and cleaned up the garage. Still have another days work to go in the garage but the big stuff is done.
DSC00049.JPG

Glad to see your getting back at it Mike. Did you like my paint so much you had to COPY me???

Looks way better then mine BTW. I'm ready for a new paint job already and I've got less then 500 miles on it...

Glad to see your getting back at it Mike. Did you like my paint so much you had to COPY me???

Looks way better then mine BTW. I'm ready for a new paint job already and I've got less then 500 miles on it...

Have not seen a picture of yours painted... can you send me a link?

I just looked back in your thread. That's a stock color? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed it.

Closest I could match to the original color but in a modern basecoat/clearcoat. "Off the shelf" GM color.

I found your Facebook video and pictures of the car. Good to see it is running. Tell Fiona I said hi. I remember she was surprised that mine ran good and had a clean interior but the outside was "rough". Tell her I fixed that and added 100hp since it was a little sluggish. Need to update the interior now to match the outside of the car! After it is running again and sorted out I will see what I can do to make it to an Austin event with the car. Miss you guys down there, hard to believe I have been here almost 11 years.

Closest I could match to the original color but in a modern basecoat/clearcoat. "Off the shelf" GM color.

I found your Facebook video and pictures of the car. Good to see it is running. Tell Fiona I said hi. I remember she was surprised that mine ran good and had a clean interior but the outside was "rough". Tell her I fixed that and added 100hp since it was a little sluggish. Need to update the interior now to match the outside of the car! After it is running again and sorted out I will see what I can do to make it to an Austin event with the car. Miss you guys down there, hard to believe I have been here almost 11 years.
Mike, where you at. I need more. Love the build and getting a ton of info

Mike, where you at. I need more. Love the build and getting a ton of info

Things have been a bit busy with work and life this year and did not get much of anything accomplished on the car. Just returned last night from a week working in Singapore. So far this year I have been to Singapore twice, Taipei, Tokyo, Paris and New York.

Things have been a bit busy with work and life this year and did not get much of anything accomplished on the car. Just returned last night from a week working in Singapore. So far this year I have been to Singapore twice, Taipei, Tokyo, Paris and New York.
I have the same car and it is all torn down. Starting to mock things up, still waiting on the engine. My question is. Do you think it is possible to fit a 275/35r18 in the front of the car. Car has stock spindles and 1.03 torsion bars. Any held is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I have the same car and it is all torn down. Starting to mock things up, still waiting on the engine. My question is. Do you think it is possible to fit a 275/35r18 in the front of the car. Car has stock spindles and 1.03 torsion bars. Any held is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I do think it's possible.

IMG_20180921_154616620.jpg

IMG_20180526_180552346.jpg

IMG_20180916_134232017.jpg

IMG_20181027_125917580.jpg

Thanks

275/35r18 will fit easily. The wheels I have now are 18x9 and the tires are 255/40r18. They fit with and without a 7mm spacer. This picture is with the 7mm spacer. Still plenty of clearance on the outside. For a 275/35 the ideal wheel is 18x9.5 which is 12.7mm wider, the same offset would put the tire about 10mm wider to the outside; the 3mm difference is less than 1/8". The 255/40r18 is a taller tire. I chose the 255/40r18 and the 18x9 because the 18x9 was $140 and the 255/40 is 26" tall. I used this wheel and tire for fitment at the body shop and checked clearance with and without the spacer; this way I know the wider tire and wheel will fit without issue. The wheel I want to change to after I start driving is much more expensive. Keep in mind I rolled the lip on the inside to buy some margin and also modified the fender in front of the wheel for tire clearance.
More on that here: 1968 Barracuda Front Fender Modification for 26" Tires
The rear has relocated springs and mini-tubs. I currently have 295/40r18 on the car with over 1" on the outside and over 2-1/2" clearance on the inside. I can fit a 345/30r19 back there, but I may run a 325/30r19, have not yet decided.

DSC00049.JPG

Sorry for slow reply, I was cleaning drool out the side of my mouth, that is what I wanted to see. I'm running qa1 lower and upper control arms. What size are you running out back?
What brand is
275/35r18 will fit easily. The wheels I have now are 18x9 and the tires are 255/40r18. They fit with and without a 7mm spacer. This picture is with the 7mm spacer. Still plenty of clearance on the outside. For a 275/35 the ideal wheel is 18x9.5 which is 12.7mm wider, the same offset would put the tire about 10mm wider to the outside; the 3mm difference is less than 1/8". The 255/40r18 is a taller tire. I chose the 255/40r18 and the 18x9 because the 18x9 was $140 and the 255/40 is 26" tall. I used this wheel and tire for fitment at the body shop and checked clearance with and without the spacer; this way I know the wider tire and wheel will fit without issue. The wheel I want to change to after I start driving is much more expensive. Keep in mind I rolled the lip on the inside to buy some margin and also modified the fender in front of the wheel for tire clearance.
More on that here: 1968 Barracuda Front Fender Modification for 26" Tires
The rear has relocated springs and mini-tubs. I currently have 295/40r18 on the car with over 1" on the outside and over 2-1/2" clearance on the inside. I can fit a 345/30r19 back there, but I may run a 325/30r19, have not yet decided.

View attachment 1715256991
Thanks for the reply Mike, All good info to know, I'm getting a lot of questions answered.

-
Back